1973 Red Ryder shenanigans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the head gasket and put it all back together this morning. Judging by the amount of gunk in the head this motor sat for a couple decades without running. Cleaned up the carb while it was off and did a little tuning. Driving it around today the motor is running a lot smoother so as long as it survives the week should be all good.

Rattle canned the Santa Clause theme away and added City Racer headlights for the extra horsepower.
Color doesn't match perfect but a little dirt over the next day or so should camouflage it a bit.

20230402_142805.jpg

Would have left the bezel white it's original color. Curious on the tub. Have more picture than just the fromt. Ambulance doors didn't start until 1/75. They were available in other markets early. Would be curious to see how those are mounted. Earlier tailgate and barn doors models those rested on the outside of the tub. Ambulance doors fit flush. Considerd ambulance doors on my 68 years ago and ended up buying a later models already set up with them. Quite a project to install ambulance on an earlier model. Side doors are fairly easy. Did it to my 68 using 79 doord back in 1983.

Would have left the bezel white it's original color. Curious on the tub. Have more picture than just the fromt. Ambulance doors didn't start until 1/75. They were available in other markets early. Would be curious to see how those are mounted. Earlier tailgate and barn doors models those rested on the outside of the tub. Ambulance doors fit flush. Considerd ambulance doors on my 68 years ago and ended up buying a later models already set up with them. Quite a project to install ambulance on an earlier model. Side doors are fairly easy. Did it to my 68 using 79 doord back in 1983.
Trust me, you don't want to see how they're mounted

When I looked at doing it on my 68 realized what it would take to do it right. Before I ever got around to thinking serious about it I had purchased my 79. Then follow by my 76. When I see how much hard tops and ambulance doors sell for today these two cruisers were a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom