Wit's End? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got a update on my orders on Mar. 7 exactly the same day I left a reply here. Don't know if it was a coincidence or what. But of course, I only got half of my order. Ask again about the rest. No replies again. Anyone knows where I can buy a ram mount that goes into the cubby hole on 80 series? Similar to the one wits' end sell? If I can find one similar, then I can dispute the rest of the order with credit card company.

I hope he has a suit and tie; I am looking for a lawyer in Oregon to take Joey to court. You can't steal people's money and get a free pass. He should have accepted the certified letter that was sent, it was his out.
Please PM me the address you used, I’ll be doing the same thing, thanks.

I reached out to ih8mud admin to help, they were pretty ambivalent and gave a *shrugs* kind of response. Acted like they couldn’t do anything. Well, preventing unscrupulous business practices by site vendors seems well within the bounds of reason. Continuing to allow Wits End to gain new unaware customers via ih8mud traffic is borderline irresponsible.

Followed suit with Webster2001 and made a public Facebook post tagging Wits End specifically. Received a refund shortly thereafter….very frustrating that the only way to get a resolution was through a public social media post. I would have thought posting publicly in the venue that played a huge role in getting his business started would have been enough. No, a public post viewable by the vulnerable masses is what did the trick. Perhaps the new target customer base…

If that doesn’t serve as enough of a testament to what Wits’ End thinks of the members of this community I’m not sure what does.

anyone ever get in touch with Wits end after this thread has gone up? Same boat. Ordered parts.

Never shipped.

pre ordered QPM, never responded to update requests. called. Texted. emailed. Same story as everyone. So far nothing but crickets.5mo later and stil just waiting.

Last edited:
anyone ever get in touch with Wits end after this thread has gone up? Same boat. Ordered parts.

Never shipped.

pre ordered QPM, never responded to update requests. called. Texted. emailed. Same story as everyone. So far nothing but crickets.5mo later and stil just waiting.

im just kind of amazed at the communication thing that this guy does. Or doesn’t do rather. I’m a smal business owner. And so are many in my family and that I know. It’s not uncommon , and somehow people stil manage to be successful without relying on excuses or just plain bad business practices.

it is the difference between people who should be owners and people who should just stay employees. There is no actual excuse for it. And if things are lagging, then figure out a way to be more efficient. Somehow people manage to bring copious amounts of products to market and when they get bogged down they do the smart thing and learn to scale production. The excuse of supply chain this and that and powder coat this and that is one f a cop out.

anyway. Maybe someone out there will reach the guy and convince him for the greater good not to act So unethically. It’s a community of enthusiasts Who just want to not feel jipped and enjoy their trucks. seems like such a foul direction for things to go.
a little communication and reliability goes such a long way.
Make a public social media post and tag him, only thing that worked for me.

Offering goods for sale with no disclosure of back order (or the fact he’s basically running a shadow kickstarter because of his inability to generate his own capital) is reprehensible.

I’m also utterly disgusted by the ih8mud admin who allow him to continue as a site vendor. Absolutely spineless behavior. Rather than take a position of leadership in the community, they allow this guy to fleece unwitting members.

Never shipped.

im just kind of amazed at the communication thing that this guy does. Or doesn’t do rather. I’m a smal business owner. And so are many in my family and that I know. It’s not uncommon , and somehow people stil manage to be successful without relying on excuses or just plain bad business practices.

it is the difference between people who should be owners and people who should just stay employees. There is no actual excuse for it. And if things are lagging, then figure out a way to be more efficient. Somehow people manage to bring copious amounts of products to market and when they get bogged down they do the smart thing and learn to scale production. The excuse of supply chain this and that and powder coat this and that is one f a cop out.

anyway. Maybe someone out there will reach the guy and convince him for the greater good not to act So unethically. It’s a community of enthusiasts Who just want to not feel jipped and enjoy their trucks. seems like such a foul direction for things to go.

Never shipped.

Ya. I ordered an evap hose kit and some other items. The order sat for a week or so, so I called. He returned my call the same day and said the order was miscstrgorized and should have already shipped. A few days later it shipped.

I finally got my order. Only took 2.5 months lol

Make a public social media post and tag him, only thing that worked for me.

Offering goods for sale with no disclosure of back order (or the fact he’s basically running a shadow kickstarter because of his inability to generate his own capital) is reprehensible.

I’m also utterly disgusted by the ih8mud admin who allow him to continue as a site vendor. Absolutely spineless behavior. Rather than take a position of leadership in the community, they allow this guy to fleece unwitting members.
Ya, I hear ya. Ultimately just a bummer.

the guy is super innovative, and puts a ton of thought into his stuff. I’d rather have the gear than the cash. I just wish he’d give a holler back.
im a patient person but in the dark just sucks and after awhile feels pretty weird.

hopefully he’s really just gearing up to get things together and can make up for it to those who have been out in the cold.
I think when people are at their best they’re pretty friggin great. And this guy is pretty stand up when he is at his best.

but when things fall apart unfortunately there’s casualties and that’s when things get super messy.
ideally he manages to pull things together. I don’t have ay ill will. Just frustration at the cluelessness I’m in.
glad you managed to get your cash back. I guess I’ll sit tight and see what happens. I want the damn parts! 😫

Ya, I hear ya. Ultimately just a bummer.

the guy is super innovative, and puts a ton of thought into his stuff. I’d rather have the gear than the cash. I just wish he’d give a holler back.
im a patient person but in the dark just sucks and after awhile feels pretty weird.

hopefully he’s really just gearing up to get things together and can make up for it to those who have been out in the cold.
I think when people are at their best they’re pretty friggin great. And this guy is pretty stand up when he is at his best.

but when things fall apart unfortunately there’s casualties and that’s when things get super messy.
ideally he manages to pull things together. I don’t have ay ill will. Just frustration at the cluelessness I’m in.
glad you managed to get your cash back. I guess I’ll sit tight and see what happens. I want the damn parts! 😫

Don't take this the wrong way. But if all you are feeling is a little weird after someone took your money and has had zero communication with you in five months you might need to get your testosterone levels checked. Maybe you should count how many social media posts he has done in five months or mud posts but has given you zero responses. He probably threw in some podcasts in there too.

Your situation isn't weird, its fcked up!

I ordered a sway bar bushing kit on the 21st from Wit's End and received a shipping label from them yesterday. I just picked up my first 80 series and had no idea until just now...Wit's End is 2 miles from my house. I guess if things get squirrely, I'm only a few minutes from making corrections. Hopefully all goes well and next time I know I can just pick it up.

Order arrived today. My first and only experience from them, but went smoothly with no issues.

Update: Wits End Cancelled my order on the Feb. 17, 2023. Today is March 5, 2023. Certified letter sent, as Joey has one more chance to return the money. My warning to all, there is absolutely no communication with the seller.
Hello, I am new to this forum, I am writing to tell you about my bad experience with wits-end, I made two purchases and they never arrived, they did not answer messages or calls, I had to go to VISA and put chargebacks to get my money back, this man and his company with a scam.

I’ve been waiting over a month for my parts or an email reply from wits end. My 80 is my daily driver so I can’t have this kind of wait for simple psp rebuild and starter rebuild. I will never buy anything from him again amd I strongly recommend no one else does either.

I will call Mastercard as well that’s a good idea.

Joey reached out to me personally twice saying that spots had opened up for a turbo. Once 6/2022 and again on 5/2023 . I politely declined due to the issues others are having, but man I want one so bad. It made me pretty upset that Joey was looking for $6,500 down payments when some of you in line for a few years now are still waiting unanswered. I am starting to worry if he has gotten himself in a pickle and is required to "rob Peter to pay Paul" so that orders can keep going out...

Last edited:
Joey reached out to me personally twice saying that spots had opened up for a turbo. Once 6/2022 and again on 5/2023 . I politely declined due to the issues others are having, but man I want one so bad. It made me pretty upset that Joey was looking for $6,500 down payments when some of you in line for a few years now are still waiting unanswered. I am starting to worry if he has gotten himself in a pickle and is required to "rob Peter to pay Paul" so that orders can keep going out...

And the truth comes out...Funny that he wont reply to customers but will reach out for down payments on a Turbo system you might get in 10 years. WAFJ this guy is.

I’ve been waiting over a month for my parts or an email reply from wits end. My 80 is my daily driver so I can’t have this kind of wait for simple psp rebuild and starter rebuild. I will never buy anything from him again amd I strongly recommend no one else does either.

I will call Mastercard as well that’s a good idea.

Why didn't you order it from a local dealer or online? Joey does the same thing, when you order OEM parts he then turns around and orders them from his local Toyota dealer then packages it together and sends it out.

Why didn't you order it from a local dealer or online? Joey does the same thing, when you order OEM parts he then turns around and orders them from his local Toyota dealer then packages it together and sends it out.
The markup at my local dealer is insane. More of a convenience thing as well. Who else do you guys use?

Last edited:
The markup at my local dealer is insane. More of a convenience thing as well. Who else do you guys use? I’ve had hit and miss experiences with cruiser outfitters as well.

I use my local dealer and they generally match online prices or give like a 15% discount. I have spent thousands at wits end mainly because of the completed "kits" but that was for an engine rebuild. If I need a few parts quickly I just go to the dealer.

EDIT: A lot of dealers sell at discount prices online or you can look into BAM wholesales as they sell OEM.

The markup at my local dealer is insane. More of a convenience thing as well. Who else do you guys use? I’ve had hit and miss experiences with cruiser outfitters as well.

I'd love to hear more about it and see where we missed the mark. I'll shoot you a PM.

Edit: PM sent. Would love to hear back from you.

Edit #2: ckennedy's miss was with a different "Cruiser Xxxxx" and not Cruiser Outfitters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom