Wanted Fj40 transmission tunnel (early style up to 1972) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a transmission tunnel for my ‘71 FJ40. If anyone has one available let me know. If it already has cutouts for a floor shift that’s ok. Located in MI

I have this one.

E81EE2E8-E181-4608-BFC0-52432BA30BF8.jpeg

707C12CA-67CF-4BAD-99FA-09FDCA486C6A.jpeg

Hello cnosek,
The options here look pretty nice. I have been looking for a later version for '74 but found two earlier versions on Bakersfield craigslist, think the guys name was Andy? I will try to post the link if I still have it.

Thanks guys. I purchased the one with the transfer case cutout. Money was sent last night

Not mine, here is the link.

If anybody has a '74 version please message me, would need shipped to 94551.
Saw this on eBay but it’s the later version that didn’t work for me but should work for you

For whomever reads this thread just as a note of caution... I did purchase a transmission hump from "lherna" lherna 9 days ago via PayPal and was sent out a tracking number. I called UPS today though and they said the transmission hump was slated to arrive today however the tracking number provided was essentially an "empty shipping label" as they have not even received the item yet nearly a week and a half later. I'm waiting to hear back from him and I'll update this thread with my findings but if anyone is still purchasing items from this seller they may wait and follow this thread before you do so.

Last edited:
That is strange Chad. Luis has been around for a while, and has bought and sold quite a bit on here. Never heard of an issue on either end. I hope everything is ok with him…and that he gets with you soon.

That is strange Chad. Luis has been around for a while, and has bought and sold quite a bit on here. Never heard of an issue on either end. I hope everything is ok with him…and that he gets with you soon.
That's good to hear you vouch for him as a reputable seller. Furthermore, he did just reach out to me and is issuing a refund to me while he tracks the box down. Hopefully he figures out what happened and we can still get the deal done. I should specify that I wasn't trying to accuse him of anything at this point. I just wanted it on record in case anything did go sideways or so other people could weigh in saying "no this guys is legit" or "yeah i had the same thing happen to me, be careful." It's just in the interest of transparency since you're sending somebody a healthy sum of money through the Internet and having to have a little faith that things work out

I am still trying to figure out what happened to the box, it was drop off at a 3rd party ups store with other packages that I was dropping off
The store was super busy, so they gave me the option to just leave my boxes on a table since they already had shipping labels.

once I heard of the issue from the buyer, I refunded him right away

I am still trying to figure out what happened to the box, it was drop off at a 3rd party ups store with other packages that I was dropping off
The store was super busy, so they gave me the option to just leave my boxes on a table since they already had shipping labels.

once I heard of the issue from the buyer, I refunded him right away
I’ve had multiple issues with shipping lately. Just had three separate carbs disappear in transit from the same seller, I feel bad for him. The forth he used Fed X and arrived without issue.

One of the three re appeared two weeks later and I shipped it back, only to get lost in transit.

USPS was the issue with these.

I bought the other hump from Iherna... it has made it to the local UPS center and should be delivered today.

I am grateful for the good experiences I have had buying stuff on MUD... it is always a little nerve-racking sending money with nothing to really have as proof of purchase. Hope you guys find the box and all is good!

Regards,
Eric

Bump…so the package was either lost or stolen in transit so yet again I’m on the hunt for the early style transmission hump. If anyone has a lead or is selling one let me know

Bump…so the package was either lost or stolen in transit so yet again I’m on the hunt for the early style transmission hump. If anyone has a lead or is selling one let me know
Hey cnosek,
Check with oakley, I think he had a decent one but can’t remember which thread. Will forward details if I find it.
Jimmy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom