PMC Spotlight pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a great pic in the Toyota Trails magazine. And Tony Twiddy did a great job with the write up, This club is Awesome, Thanks for all the good times

3307A434-8E65-42F7-A6C8-C89AAEF3E81F.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you! Taken during Rubithon, believe we had like 23 members. How about that Trails End shot of Don...??

so here is the story... a few of us are headed to Barrett Lake and I volunteer to go in Thursday to ensure we have a spot. Don asks if he can go in with me and I immediately ask 'blue cruiser or red cruiser?'. For those of you who don't know, Don has two cruisers with the blue one being the Rubicon ready trail rig and the red one being more of the forest service road cruiser, can do Rubicon with the occasional strap, drives on the pavement better cruiser.

Don says the blue one and I says sure, this will be a fun easy ride with the 2 of us probably having the trail to ourselves. I know the blue cruiser, I too trust the blue cruiser and truthfully, I figure he cannot get us into too much serious trouble if we take it easy and don't do anything stupid.

That Thursday morning at the trailhead, Don arrives in his blue cruiser and states 'I just sprung it over and this is it's first trail ride!' It's clean, it's fresh, it's recently seriously modified, and quite frankly, other than Don's smiling face, in no resembles the blue cruiser I had become familiar with. I'm thinking Oh great, his first shake down run is with me and no one else. I mention this because I tend to surround myself with good people with doing seriously wheeling.

So off we go... not more than two miles in or there abouts, I stop to wait for Don and can hear him yelling for me. I turn around and head back down the trail and that is how I found him, flopped in the center of the trail. He of course is very anxious to upright his beloved beast, but I simply laughed and pulled out the camera.

What a great day. Thanks Don! Great story, great time.

Thats great, hey tony, get the winch, hold on, I got the camera..........

Tony I want to thank you for not embellishing this story, I’m kinda shocked lol.
It was a very slick recovery where I had to drive out with Tony winched from my side. He ran the winch like he’s done many times. That’s where I discovered a loose bag in the passenger floorboard had kicked me into 2wheel low. it had happened when I hit a rock not paying attention and killing the engine. My futile attempts, not realizing I was in 2 low just got me in deeper and deeper trouble.
The trail was pretty nice from there and the old blue tractor handled things pretty well.
major lesson was how all that room under an axle on a SO can get you in trouble so much easier.
Pay Attention!
The flop did leave a mark on the front fender just as a reminder but it kinda gives it character at this point.
I'm looking forward to McGrew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom