The Wall of Shame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The turn signal situation on my 40 when I got it. Light under hood so signals would flash normal speed.šŸ™„
0B323AD7-256B-465F-96D8-2DF3B42A0B59.jpeg

865F98A6-53A1-4366-93D0-1179F3A5B54C.jpeg

^Yes, a set of those Irwin clamps were included with purchase. Lol

Mine came full of head scratchers. Like the bent shifter so it could work with the upside down lever.

T case linkage.jpg

Getting better but still a long way to go. Had the distinguished pleasure of riding shotgun on the struggle bus making that corner patch today. Itā€™s still very ugly and has a gap at the upper right but Iā€™ll clean it up and make it work.
View attachment 3278900View attachment 3278897View attachment 3278898View attachment 3278899

nice work but I'm failing to see the wall of shame part of the post

maybe start a build thread of your own.

I use a tiny Cuervo bottle for my ps fluid overflow, same, lasted 20 years so far. I used it cause it was small and made from a thicker plastic, looks cool with royal purple in it too.

I use a tiny Cuervo bottle for my ps fluid overflow, same, lasted 20 years so far. I used it cause it was small and made from a thicker plastic, looks cool with royal purple in it too.
Pics please.

Hereā€™s one of my own temp fixes that lasted 23 yrs until I removed it. The coolant color seemed close enough to try it out.
View attachment 3280651
It actually worked as designed and would siphoned back into system when cool.
I think the spooky part of that pic is the battery cable against the lip of the fender skirt, waiting to do some major heliarc reshaping of the fender!šŸ˜±

I think the spooky part of that pic is the battery cable against the lip of the fender skirt, waiting to do some major heliarc reshaping of the fender!šŸ˜±
That was for the winch (usually uncoupled) but it was secured enough to not abrade. The choices we make in our early 20sā€¦ I know better now.

Negative, the spooky part is the zip ties that are down there. They've all been cut off instead of twisted off! It's like a pack of razor blades.

Negative, the spooky part is the zip ties that are down there. They've all been cut off instead of twisted off! It's like a pack of razor blades.
Twisted off? Flush-cut nippers next to the block will do it.

Strapping the red positive cable to the black negative cable is a safety feature to protect your winch motor.

If you're overloading the motor, the cables will heat up, melt the insulation between them, and short out the cables, stopping current flow to the motor. Since the motor is out front of the radiator, the ensuing engine compartment fire won't likely affect the winch, preserving it's resale value when the burned up truck is sold for salvage.

Twisted off? Flush-cut nippers next to the block will do it.
Always twist em off, it doesn't leave a sharp edge anywhere. Even a flush cut right next to the block leaves a sharp point.

I donā€˜t cut them or twist them off, I leave full length. For full redneck chic šŸ˜‚.

Always twist em off, it doesn't leave a sharp edge anywhere. Even a flush cut right next to the block leaves a sharp point.

I have a set of special pliers that tighten and then cut the tail off nice and flush, no more cuts on the hands

I donā€˜t cut them or twist them off, I leave full length. For full redneck chic šŸ˜‚.
I agree! Nothing screams ā€œI have a lot of time on my handsā€ like tail-less zip ties.

I agree! Nothing screams ā€œI have a lot of time on my handsā€ like tail-less zip ties.

we'd break new guys in at work by putting tie wraps on the rear driveshaft so the tails would hit the muffler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom