Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For folks interested in foglight housing for LX470 bumper, please reply with what LED lights you would use. And any requirement you have. Thanks.
Superrr interested for my LX. I prefer the Diode Dynamics products myself and the stage series 3" could fit 2 in the housing just like the Baja Designs. Whatever you produce I'll be in for a pair of housings 100%! Great innovative work you are doing, I'm real impressed.

Maybe already covered in the previous 144 pages, but how about a cover plate to cover the hole where aftermarket DVD players have been removed?
Options for removing and covering - ceiling-mounted DVD player?? UPDATE #18...what a cluster.... - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/options-for-removing-and-covering-ceiling-mounted-dvd-player-update-18-what-a-cluster.1305397/#post-14827026 Cut in a hole for those who want to put back the OEM middle Interior Lamp aka middle dome light. The reattaching of the light will hold the cover plate up. As an option, maybe cutouts in it for those who want to mount USB charging ports (I'm assuming there's enough depth?) I already had a friend make me one from aluminum, but I would've bought a 3D one if it was available. Obviously the damage one is trying to hide from an aftermarket DVD install is gonna vary by size. so....

Make 18: Third Row Cup Holder Replacement Panel

18.1 Overview of the Final Product

View attachment 2165100

View attachment 2165502

18.2 Introduction

This make is to utilize the third row cup holder on the driver's side for power distribution.

18.3 Design and Fabrication

Most of the early design effort was on matching the contours of the factory panel. More than 10 prototypes have been printed to get that right.

V1, aesthetically, is my favorite design. But when I tried to put it back on the truck, I realized that there is literally no space behind the cup holder. One part of the subwoofer sits directly behind that panel. So V1 only works if yo have already removed the factory subwoofer.

View attachment 2165105

V2, is designed to clear the subwoofer. This is achieved by moving out and tilting both the 12V and 120V sockets. For both V1 and V2, an opening needs to be cut. Note: The rough finish is only on early prototypes to save print time.

View attachment 2165113

18.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

12V Socket

USB Charger 2.1 A

USB Charger 4.8A

Switch

120V Outlet: 85530-35050-C0
Wire Harness (Toyote OEM 12” In-Cab AC 120V 400W Power Outlet Plug-N-Play Wire Harness | KTJO 4x4 - https://www.ktjo4x4.com/product/toyote-oem-12-in-cab-ac-120v-400w-power-outlet-plug-n-play-wire-harness/56?cs=true&cst=custom)

18.5 Purchase Link

PM for Direct Paypal Payment

Price:
$75 plus shipping.
Has anyone wired this outlet with this listed harness? Or wired to an aftermarket inverter? Curious as to how you got this to function.

Make 19 V3: Fog Light Mount (Diode Dynamics SS3)

I've collaborated with Mike @98hundy on the development of a foglight mount for Diode Dynamics SS3. Today, he received the prototypes and I have some pictures to share.

6BAFAC25-6EF7-41A6-836A-603950154DFB.png

5A52B7EF-74A0-4D8F-9D1D-711082F697A3.png

EB659AC5-6599-4061-A895-EADBBD39D259.png

More pics:

$150/pair (All fasteners included)
Shipping $12.1 (USPS Priority)
PM or email Ben3DBuild@gmail.com.

Last edited:
Ben was great to work with. Customized a set of inserts to me in a timely fashion with lots of communication. Quality work and very precise. Thoroughly impressed!

Will get more pictures with lights on once I return from the desert!

Mike

Last edited:
I've collaborated with Mike @98hundy on the development of a foglight mount for Diode Dynamics SS3. Today, he received the prototypes and I have some pictures to share.

View attachment 3280436

View attachment 3280437

View attachment 3280438
Very interested in this. Planning to get bumpers repainted and would probably have body shop paint these to match. What's timeframe for production? Looking forward to seeing light spread/throw and possibly option to angle them outward slightly depending on how mounting works.

Very interested in this. Planning to get bumpers repainted and would probably have body shop paint these to match. What's timeframe for production? Looking forward to seeing light spread/throw and possibly option to angle them outward slightly depending on how mounting works.
We have to wait for Mike to do the test. Once I have feedback from him, I will do some final adjustment.

wanted to pop in and say glad Ben is getting back in the swing of things and my order arrived.. Waiting on a new stereo to show up before i tear the dash apart. Long term goals are APRS texting tablet mounted where the center diff lock went. Carry on..

I'm stoked on the results. I do need to get them out in the woods/snow to see how they really do in the dark. These shots were taken in the city but with these plus new depo headlights, the light output is MUCH better.

These are the DD pro's in selective yellow, with fog lens. I have the DD sports on my tacoma, and the pros are noticeably brighter. The pros also can melt snow vs the sports, which I probably need to upgrade on the tacoma.

Two pods in fog area might be over kill if being used around other cars. If plan on using as an aux beam only, the more the merrier!

I'll post more shots when I can get out of the city!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom