Tie rod ends, replace due to age/mileage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to decide, I think I'm going to order more appropriate springs now that I have armor, UCA's, factory bushings and 555 ball joints to rebuilt my KDSS LCA's, and the KDSS bushings, so all that's left are the tie rods. Cam bolts are nearly perfect and I will probably do taco tabs too at the same time.

Would anyone just do these at 15 years/177000 miles regardless of them being tight and visually fine? I also wouldn't be buying factory ones as the price is absurd, would get the 555 kit.

I realize there are also bushings in the steering rack, but that's staying in until it gives me problems.

I did mine at ~145k when doing a lift and replacing lots of other parts. The OEM ends were a bit floppy but not yet shot. IMO, these are cheap and easy enough replace there aren't many reasons not to replace them when the front end is apart anyway.

I just did the outers when I lifted. I later replaced the steering rack due to shot bushings, which came with inners. Don't use Moog parts, the boots suck. I hear 555 are better.

I guess I suspect that even the 555's may be a lot lower quality than the OEM parts. Inners going from 35 bucks to 155 bucks is pretty wild. The outers are only about double which seems more reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom