The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upcoming free BMW autocross event. I've done it before and its super fun! The autocross is typically only 1-2 laps but you get to ride with an actual racing driver (who takes you around first) and have them give you tips. Also they usually have a few of the current models that you can take out on your own to test drive in a preset test loop as well. Last time I got to drive a 750iL with the executive package as well as an M5 in addition to the autocross...both of those were stupid fast with north of 500hp

I'll be there on Saturday at 10

IMO, this is one of the nicer vehicle kits. Lego does a great job with architecture series, but sometimes the auto stuff ain't quite right.
1679084248702.png

Or, sans all the broverlanding accouterments.
1679084308906.png

New for 2023, Matchbox "Moving Parts" FJ40.

Found one at the Leesburg WMT. Priced abt 5x a run-of-the-mill 1:64

Would like to find another one, so I can open this package. Lol

20230331_144725.jpg

They had some huge bins of Hot Wheels that hadn't been picked over yet. Also grabbed a Lambo Miura, Lotus Emira, Audi Ur Quattro and a really nice 992.2 GT3 with matte black paint

Dayyyym.

Wow i looked at this on the laptop ad noticed that they never even took the plastic off the actual surface!!!

That is a hell of a score!!

Wow i looked at this on the laptop ad noticed that they never even took the plastic off the actual surface!!!

That is a hell of a score!!
Yep I just left it all on there and figure the first time I use it I will peel it all off.

Which one of you is ready for a motor swap

I watched this and laughed...and laughed....and laughed.

reddit/r/bettereveryloop reddit/r/contagiouslaughter

So, I’m waiting to get a haircut and the guy in the barber’s chair starts to tell this story. His son drove his high end Heep to the gym. When he was leaving he noticed this BMW was following him. As he drove the back roads of Fairfax $tation the BMW continued to follow him. When the son turned into their long secluded driveway, the BMW kind of lingered and then drove off. The next morning the Heep was gone. They think it was stolen between midnight and 3:00AM.
The cops said they won’t get it back. Typically cars stolen like this are out of the country in a day or two. The guy in the BMW most likely had the device to copy are retransmit the keyless fob signal. So he copied the signal when the son unlocked and started the Heep at the gym and then replayed the signal to enter and start the Heep and steal it. The cops said there was probably an enclosed trailer waiting for it just down the road.

Not something you would expect to happen in a high end area like Fairfax $tation.

So, I’m waiting to get a haircut and the guy in the barber’s chair starts to tell this story. His son drove his high end Heep to the gym. When he was leaving he noticed this BMW was following him. As he drove the back roads of Fairfax $tation the BMW continued to follow him. When the son turned into their long secluded driveway, the BMW kind of lingered and then drove off. The next morning the Heep was gone. They think it was stolen between midnight and 3:00AM.
The cops said they won’t get it back. Typically cars stolen like this are out of the country in a day or two. The guy in the BMW most likely had the device to copy are retransmit the keyless fob signal. So he copied the signal when the son unlocked and started the Heep at the gym and then replayed the signal to enter and start the Heep and steal it. The cops said there was probably an enclosed trailer waiting for it just down the road.

Not something you would expect to happen in a high end area like Fairfax $tation.
I would expect that around there. No one has nice cars in bad neighborhoods except the drug dealers and the landlords.
That does suck though but I also know there is a huge security flaw on Chrysler/dodge/jeep vehicles of certain year with keyless entry that can be used to open and start vehicles.

Insurance rates on Hyundais and Kias are outrageous from this and some companies are starting to decline to offer coverage where theft is really bad.

About a year ago I posted on this thread (page 35 #685) a circuit related to carjacking. With carjacking still out of control, I have updated the circuit to include an alarm if someone tries to start the vehicle without using the secret hidden momentary switch.
Components:
- SPDT (single pole double throw) switch for "normal" operation (valet parking) and "bypass" operation (theft prevention). Leave the switch in the "bypass" position all the time except when someone who doesn't know about the switch is driving the vehicle. This way you don't have to turn anything on when you get out of the vehicle and the thief is waiting to steal your keys.
- Momentary SPDT switch (pushbutton) only used when starting the engine.
- Alarm (something that makes noise - horn, siren)

How it works:
Normal (valet) operation
1V2.jpg

Bypass operation with hidden momentary switch used
2V2.jpg

Alarm mode - Alarm sounds when ignition key is in the start position without using the hidden momentary switch. Thief trying to start the engine.
3V2.jpg

Part two.
In the previous post, the alarm only sounds when the ignition switch is in the start position. This circuit, the alarm continues to sound until you turn off the hidden on/off switch.
The on/off switch is now a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch
Normal (valet) mode
1V3.jpg

Bypass start mode
2V3.jpg

Alarm activation via ignition switch and the activation of the relay
4V3.jpg

Relay "latching" (powering itself to stay engaged). Tuning off the on/off switch interrupts the ground path turning off the relay. The diode prevents backflow into the ignition switch's starter circuit. May not be needed if nothing else is connected to that circuit.
5V3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom