Builds Project Rehab (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Methods are a GREAT wheel. Im on a set also. Very easy to get tires mounted and have had no issues with them.

Went over to @NCTrey133 for the last time before heading out. He was in the middle of doing his real life adult job but found a moment to chat with me about the rest of the design. We are both excited about the tray and how it's turned out (I told him I not really the type that gets excited about things, but this has tickles my fancy). These are the last pics that'll actually be taken by me for a while.

P1010661.JPG
P1010624.JPG
P1010625.JPG
P1010627.JPG
P1010628.JPG

What's the purpose of the lowered section in the tray/bed just forward of the rear axle?

For the spare? Mounted upright against the front of the bed?
Ah that's what your referring to. . Yes for the spare.

@NCTrey133 has been keeping me updated on the tray and it's at the final stages.
IMG-20230401-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20230401-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20230405-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230409-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20230409-WA0010.jpg

Sweeet! How do you have so many friends!?!?

Edit: how do you have so many friends willing to help you make your cruiser better!!???
Not to highjack Darren's thread. I'm reading through it since I just decided to LS swap mine and i'm buying his spare mounts off of him when he gets back this way in September.
I can answer this.... its just how the ONSC folks groove. I lived in NC from its inception till 2015. I sold my 80 in 2015 before I moved to WA but I bought it back from the guy in 2020 in SC and towed it back to NC to leave with an ONSC member. I just went back two weeks ago to put a 2fe into my 80 (didn't end up paying off), but both times I had guys I hadn't seen in years, this last time in over 7 years, showing up with offers of trucks and trailers to move it, a shop to use, plenty of tools loaned, plenty of hands offered to turn those wrenches. Despite their biggest event, The Relic Run, going off the next weekend and everyone having their own projects and trucks to button up for that trip.
Best group off guys there are by far.

1681739991808-png.3300567

Highjack off

Not to highjack Darren's thread. I'm reading through it since I just decided to LS swap mine and i'm buying his spare mounts off of him when he gets back this way in September.
I can answer this.... its just how the ONSC folks groove. I lived in NC from its inception till 2015. I sold my 80 in 2015 before I moved to WA but I bought it back from the guy in 2020 in SC and towed it back to NC to leave with an ONSC member. I just went back two weeks ago to put a 2fe into my 80 (didn't end up paying off), but both times I had guys I hadn't seen in years, this last time in over 7 years, showing up with offers of trucks and trailers to move it, a shop to use, plenty of tools loaned, plenty of hands offered to turn those wrenches. Despite their biggest event, The Relic Run, going off the next weekend and everyone having their own projects and trucks to button up for that trip.
Best group off guys there are by far.

1681739991808-png.3300567

Highjack off
I wish I was there to assist 😔

Last weekend @NCTrey133 finished up the tray and delivered it back to @fourtrax to wait for the next part of the build.

When I return from Africa I'll add black rubber gym flooring to the bed of the tray.

IMG-20230505-WA0090.jpg
IMG-20230505-WA0104.jpg
IMG-20230505-WA0102.jpg
IMG-20230505-WA0103.jpg
IMG-20230505-WA0106.jpg
IMG-20230505-WA0108.jpg
IMG-20230505-WA0114.jpg
IMG-20230505-WA0120.jpg

Though @NCTrey133 says he was glad and it was an honor to build this tray, I'm sure he's glad for the tuck to be out his garage so he can finish his buggy build.

IMG-20230505-WA0115.jpg

This is what neglect looks like.
20231001_122808.jpg

But we start showing some love next weekend.

FINALLY!! We put some hands on this weekend.
20231007_100931.jpg

A/C (in theory) is complete. Recently found a front valance that wasn't bent to s***, so I threw that on since the front should be finish.
20231009_114157.jpg

Starting to mockup the rear of the LC. Needed to purchase a 4 3/8" hole saw to install the taillights and blinkers.
20231009_133241.jpg

And now what we've all been waiting for. . .I took the LC wiring harness home and started stripping. . .filthy mess.
20231007_192010.jpg

Went back to @fourtrax house the following day needed adult supervision prior to cutting wires.
20231008_125336.jpg

Due to my inability to read and comprehend, @fourtrax did the heavy lifting of connecting wires to other wires. @TLC94LS has a great video that helps with what wires connect to where.
20231009_132554.jpg

Last edited:
Put some hands on the Ol' Crusier this weekend. It rained Saturday, so didnt get everything I planned finished. Nothing really picture worthy, but put the taillights and blinkers are on the tray, and both Dakota Digital boxes are wired in to the body harnesses. Fuel wires spliced, but still need to run it to the PSI wiring relay. I've been mostly following the way @TLC94LS did his, with minor differences because I'm using a stand-alone harness from PSI. I'm thinking I'll take pictures of everything, label, and post to assist folks like me that hate/can't read but understand once they see the picture.

We have POWER ✔️
We have SPARK ✔️
Do we have fuel ⛽️ ? 🤔

Let me back up. Technically I thought I only had three things to do this morning. Attach fuel lines, add fuel, and put the battery in. Did that, had a quick look over, and asked @4LowandSlow and @fourtrax to hold my beer. Put the key to on. . We got power. Crank it over and. . .nothing. GOT DAMNIT! I forgot to plug in the GM PCU 🤦🏾‍♂️. @4LowandSlow says "you owe me 20 burpees". Ok bet. Crank again. NOTHING. The Dakota Digital was saying I'm in 2nd gear (Might be irrelevant because the shifter isn't hooked up). Ok, I programmed that. Now it's 40 berpees owed. Crank again. NOTHING!! 🤬🤬. Had to go back to the drawing bored.

I didn't connect to starter trigger to the starter. Now connected and as soon as I touch the positive terminal to the battery, it wants to turn over. We'll, that's not right 🤔. After a few trial and errors, we think wires may have been touching to make it hot at all times. Squared that away and ran a few test. Everything checked out, now it's time to start.

POWER🔋✔️
CRANK ⚡✔️
FUEL 🤷🏾‍♂️

Next week I need to check if the fuel pump is getting a signal and turning on. We sprayed some starter fluid in the intake and she kicked over for a second 😁

I just ran into what I thought was a fuel issue with my build. To check, I hardwired the fuel relay, which a quick disconnect, to the battery. I could clearly hear the fuel pump run when I did this. Motor still wouldn't start. In the end, I had to turn off "Starter Diagnostics" in the ECM.

I went back to the ECM activating the fuel relay. With "Starter Diagnostics" disabled, what happens now is I can hear the fuel pump prime for a few seconds when I turn the key to On, before I turn the key to Crank. Check for the fuel priming sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom