Goodbye Bimmerpost. Hello Mud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After 5 amazing years in an M4 (and years of lurking on Mud lol) I have finally made the switch to a Cruiser! Quite the change obviously, but 2 kids and a house will change your priorities a bit.

I searched for a clean 200 for months. I knew I wanted a 2018 or 2019, black or grey exterior, black interior, no accidents, ideally low mileage and most importantly detailed service records. I finally honed in on a truck in Chattanooga. It was a 2019 that checked all my boxes except, with 79,000 miles, it had a little more on the clock than I had hoped for. But the PPI was clean and service records/condition of the car made it clear that the prior owner was meticulous. I decided to go for it. Worked out the price and trade value over the phone and hit the road.

So it was one last road trip in the M4 and a return trip in the LC (12 hours each way). I took the scenic route through Georgia, which included some fun twisties and great final pictures of the Bimmer before I traded it. After the transaction was done, I took the LC straight to the Prentice Cooper State Forest outside of Chattanooga to get it dirty. The trails there obviously were nothing technical, but it was nice to get the truck off the pavement and "break it in" so to speak.

My use is primarily a daily driver and family road trip car with hunting and camping trips sprinkled in throughout the year. As the 2 year old and baby on the way get older, the camping trips will become more often and more adventurous. My immediate plans are nothing crazy... baselining, BH3D cup holders (you guys weren't kidding about how bad these are), phone mount, radar detector mount/mirrortap, cargo light, etc. I have a list of other mods that I will address over time. It came with Michelin Defenders, which have a bit of tread left, but I will level it and add 33s in a couple of months.

I'm excited to be part of the community. You guys have taught me a ton already. Pictures of the new rig in its bone stock form are below.

both.jpg

lc 2.jpg

lc 4.jpg

lc 1.jpg

2019 was THE best year for LC. Just saying. People here know that i am the least bias person here….

(may she rest in peace)....
She very well may end up in the hands of someone that will track her.. no resting needed. Much like your 200 now being in the hands of someone who will adventure..

Welcome!

(An F82 and a 200 is dream garage.. and may happen eventually!)

Same journey and previous car.

I swore id never drive a sports car again due to Houston road conditions. So I got my off road s-class, and now I’m fiending for speed again!

Good choices all around sir!

2nd the idea to use the cruiser as a clapphauler.

Prentice Cooper was the first area I felt offroad, being from Indiana and passing through there. Stopping to wheel. Happy you had fun and a chance to do that in the 200.

It is funny, one of my regrets about my LX is how blingy it is. That LC is pretty dang blingy too.
I think it's the street tires and chrome on black. Some ATs and dechrome if the OP desires will go a really long way.

She very well may end up in the hands of someone that will track her.. no resting needed. Much like your 200 now being in the hands of someone who will adventure..

Welcome!

(An F82 and a 200 is dream garage.. and may happen eventually!)

I've thought the same and I hope you are right! That was just me grieving lol

Since you have something reliable that can tow, now’s the perfect time to start buying clapped out, fully depreciated BMWs in need of lots of deferred maintenance.

Damn that's a great idea... I did consider buying an e36 as a track car years ago :hmm:

My M4 also preceded the Cruiser, with my L322 barely overlapping.

You have great taste!

I think it's the street tires and chrome on black. Some ATs and dechrome if the OP desires will go a really long way.

Yea some ATs and chrome delete will fix that. Also trying to decide if I should go with TRD wheels, Methods, or powder coat the OEMs...

My wife wants me to get rid of my M5 and my 100 and get a new LX. I am trying to hurry up and sell the LX 470 and find one in my trouble free budget so I can keep the M. I'd feel naked without it in the garage. Had a 15 M3 and loved it too. The 5 is staying if I have anything to say about it. Which you and I both know I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom