Real-time Assist - Buried in Mud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure what I noticed first, the mud or your tires. This must've been a "hold my beer, watch this" situation. :flipoff2: Bet it was fun until it wasn't! Hahahaha, glad you all are out of that mess.

A Rivian???

:cheers:
Indeed - it has performed remarkably well. Only major bummer is the weight. It is a bear to get unstuck if it sinks in.

Lack of rev counter on EVs also makes it really tough to gauge wheel spin in low traction situations.

From the look of these photos doesn't look like there's a road or even a trail there so why did you drive into this to begin with?
We were right next to the road. We had both gotten stuck on the road initially. Self recovered and then got proper stuck turning around. Should have backed out 800 yards in retrospec.

1679349326427.png

much respect for actually using your trucks. Looks like a blast!
Super fun until it wasn't, exactly. Beautiful area and look forward to going back when it dries out a bit.

I'm not sure what I noticed first, the mud or your tires. This must've been a "hold my beer, watch this" situation. :flipoff2: Bet it was fun until it wasn't! Hahahaha, glad you all are out of that mess.
Ya man, thank you! We are stoked to be out. Would have killed for a beer after we realized how big of a s*** show we were in haha. Somehow forgot to load the cooler as we thought we would be at the bar by 4PM!

Moar pics of the girls. Forget about the trucks.

😂😂😂😂

J/k

Glad you got out.
Haha - they were troopers through the s***ty hike out, but think its gone be a but before they are willing to get back on the trail.

Live & learn. If you are getting bogged on a road (that is pretty packed down to begin with), do NOT drive off it into the grassy and water logged dirt :)

Good adventure and memories to look back on.

cheers,
george.

Live & learn. If you are getting bogged on a road (that is pretty packed down to begin with), do NOT drive off it into the grassy and water logged dirt :)

Good adventure and memories to look back on.

cheers,
george.
100% -- instant lesson there.

And if you do decide to do something idiotic like that make sure your buddy is at least still on the road :confused:

No way! When was that?
Friday I think. I had spent the last week in/around Death Valley. Slight lack of judgment. It happens.

I had a nice lunch, shaved, took a little dip in the lake. it was nice…

:lol:

Last edited:
so awesome to see a Rivian out there be tested.

Hi All -

My brother and I both managed to get our trucks stuck last night in Carrizo Plain in San Luis Obispo county.

Any recommendations on an off road recovery service out here?

We are about 800 yards from decent trail and maybe 20 yards from boggy trail. Got stuck trying to turn around.

Currently in New Cuyama trying to figure out next steps.

Vehicle location View attachment 3275549

Thanks,
Austin

Hey Austin ,

i just tried calling the # you posted , but it went right to voice mail .....fyi

another
MUD member with GPS in your grid zone is 420 yards from that decent trail you see from a distance , and this just happend to there 96 HDJ81 , they had there tripple locked mode engaged at the time too ...!

everyone inside managed to scramble to safety just before this seasonal open-mouth-TYPE quick-sand BOG swallowed up there entire Rig in under 60 metric seconds according to eye witnesses on the scene at the time ....

hang in there ....

52758779511_51a7be7f67_c.jpg

Last edited:
electric chew escapades... i love it
when shiit gets real!
lots of power pole recovery points though....
and with three tight sportin superwomen that thing should have been downward-dogged outta there in 2.5

We were right next to the road. We had both gotten stuck on the road initially. Self recovered and then got proper stuck turning around. Should have backed out 800 yards in retrospec.

View attachment 3278010
I don’t care where I am or what I’m driving, I always steer clear from bright green grasses. It’s nature’s way of warning it will swallow you.

electric chew escapades... i love it
when shiit gets real!
lots of power pole recovery points though....
and with three tight sportin superwomen that thing should have been downward-dogged outta there in 2.5
If the recovery guys were unwilling to help I was going to go find a receiver hitch mount winch and make use of those utility poles.

Haha I love downward dogged as a solution to super bogged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom