Builds Powda Blue 74 Build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Showing off since Red is in the shop

4CC87BBA-C63B-4D8A-B4EE-CFA57CEBD215.jpeg

D9376226-F807-414E-A5D5-95E18474A24B.jpeg

CCDBBF14-9661-45BF-A5E7-DA6395AD304B.jpeg

55A7398E-75E7-44B8-B377-650BACA1B76B.jpeg

Y'all are getting on the kid for the way he drove Powda but remembering back to when it arrived to Tilda Bogue, the wife revealed they were cruising along at 75mph! 🏎️ I know some of you suggested that the labor on this should be free, I completely disagree. Driving after a hose has popped off is neglect, as well as what we saw in the photo from whoever was driving behind Powda with the steam/smoke billowing. I'm sure @RocketCityCrzrs stands behind their builds, and I would bet they would also say this engine left them 100%. Someone has to pay, why should it be Nolen, or passed along to his next customers because he needs to increase his rates? Side note, if you don't know how to reinstall a hose that has popped off a 2F, you have no business driving a 2F... or a 1F or a 1.5... :steer:

And... since you guys can't say it, I will...
55a7398e-75e7-44b8-b377-650baca1b76b-jpeg.3277168

NICE A$$!!!!!

Y'all are getting on the kid for the way he drove Powda but remembering back to when it arrived to Tilda Bogue, the wife revealed they were cruising along at 75mph! 🏎️ I know some of you suggested that the labor on this should be free, I completely disagree. Driving after a hose has popped off is neglect, as well as what we saw in the photo from whoever was driving behind Powda with the steam/smoke billowing. I'm sure @RocketCityCrzrs stands behind their builds, and I would bet they would also say this engine left them 100%. Someone has to pay, why should it be Nolen, or passed along to his next customers because he needs to increase his rates? Side note, if you don't know how to reinstall a hose that has popped off a 2F, you have no business driving a 2F... or a 1F or a 1.5... :steer:
I'll chime in just a little. You are completely correct that the engine was 100% when it left my shop proof of which was the fact it had plenty of mileage before it failed. Had @wngrog called and said it was knocking, totally different because that's an internal problem that is completely covered under my warranty. This, I feel, is a case of oversight and poor attention to the vehicle by the owner. Hoses pop (trust me, I almost cooked my FZ this past weekend due to it) but is up to a responsible driver to notice things like temperature and smoke then handle the situation appropriately. I've built dozens of motors and installed just as many, things happen, but these trucks are going on 50 years old. Restored or not, they don't drive like or behave like modern trucks and DO require more attention. If that's too much to ask, easy solution, buy a 200 and let it tell you when it's hot and then shut down to be safe.

*Exits soapbox*

Powda told it was hot!!! Is the stuff on the gauge face the coolant from it overheating? Did those guys get a milkshake bath while driving? Did it bring all the boys to the yard? (sorry, just had to do it, that song went through my head when i saw the milkshake oil). To top it off, when someone swiped the fuel, you ran to their rescue. If they would have immediately pulled over and turned off the engine and called you again for help, the engine would not have overheated. You obviously showed that you were willing to help, NO reason for them to keep driving hot. And good catch JackA, I missed the hand prints! LOL!!! Red probably never wears white pants out to the shop ;)
937903dd-3f6c-4424-82f1-3b01dfcc41cd-jpeg.3027106

@Dianna , you are awesome. Yeah. I think the whole day was a mess and they just acted silly. The first thing I told him was to call a rollback. That would have solved the issue. Once they finally did the “shop” that fixed it did not know how to add fluid to a 2F properly and likely left air in the system which allowed them to get within the home stretch which was when the final cook of the block and head likely happened.

Water under the bridge. I’m getting this thing buttoned up now. I’m about to install the Sniper and fluids. Will likely wait until tomorrow to fire it up on fresh legs.

This is a lot of crap to re install.

My favorite line on the day is that if you can’t put a water hose on a 2F you have no business driving a 2F. That’s funny.

Is that an older or newer Sniper body ? or are there different ones available ?

Is that an older or newer Sniper body ? or are there different ones available ?

It’s a Sniper 2GC. @FJ60Cam beta tested a few of these models with me. He has a set of adapters that will allow this to be run on 2F, 3F and 1FZ. They basically use two adapters at the intake versus one there and one at the air cleaner. I think they look good with the 1F style air filters like this one uses.

For us ignant folk what is the difference of the 2GC ?

Same HP rating as the 2300. Style is the only difference. They make these to mimick carburetor styles. It’s a Rochester large bore copy versus a Holley carb copy.

Funny when my wife wears lulu leggings around me I lose all interest in whatever I’m doing and chase her around until I get yelled at for not leaving her alone.

It you were able to work efficiently that day…It may be time to schedule a visit with your eye doc.

It warmed up amazingly today. Yesterday it was 23. I think its 70 today.

I finished putting the truck back together and decided to pull it outside for the cam break in period.

4EEE7EF6-9851-43E2-8880-3008F12A1F2B.jpeg

Had the timing a hair hot at 12* … it was pinging so I nudged it back to 10* and it’s great. I just got back from a 25 mile loop. No issues.

84D70D1E-2A33-4A5A-8DB0-DDB30CF0A944.jpeg

F573311B-BB64-4FFC-94F3-8E6119FC5CEA.jpeg

06B49C78-656C-4DB6-9819-53A04AD852F5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom