Dissent offroad 80 series modular bumper interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious if we'd be able to do the "3rd" swingout on the 80 rear. Looks pretty damn sweet to setup like this at camp.

View attachment 2544203
this is soooooo cool! who makes this?

What a fab idea!

Installed mine this last week... still have to hook up the lights. For those who got the bullet lights, what are you using the for? Blinkers? Parking lights?

Installed mine this last week... still have to hook up the lights. For those who got the bullet lights, what are you using the for? Blinkers? Parking lights?
I’m used the stock turn signals. The bullet lights are my parking lights and act as daytime running lights. The bullets are very bright !!

Here are some pictures to help with the installation of the rear cross member and removing the factory one:

The goal is to only cut up the rear cross member and not cut the primary frame rails, to start cut the rear cross member with a sawzall on each side:
01-cut-crossmember.jpg

You want to score the welds so we can snap off the crossmember without cutting the primary frame rails
02-slice-welds.jpg

03-seperate-frame.jpg

Use a crescent wrench to work the metal back and forth until the weld gives
04-wrench-frame.jpg

06-wrench-frame.jpg

08-saw-frame.jpg

09-saw-frame.jpg

This cut is tricky, if you have a body lift (this truck does NOT) there is more space making it easier.
10-saw-frame.jpg

Once everything is cut off, clean up the frame where there is excess metal from where we cut out the cross member
11-grind-frame.jpg

@Road Apple - Did you just end up chopping the exhaust and reusing the OE resonator with an earlier termination point? Armor looks great!
Yes, I cut the exhaust up high and reattached the resonator. The exhaust now blows straight down near the right side of the bummer. It’s high enough that it hasn’t made contact with any rocks yet.

I can take pictures, but I won’t be home for 3 days. It’s time to get packed for Solid Axle Summit, so if you’d like pics, please remind me in a few days.

Last edited:
Yes, I cut the exhaust up high and reattached the resonator. The exhaust now blows straight down near the right side of the bummer. It’s high enough that it hasn’t made contact with any rocks yet.

I can take pictures, but I won’t be home for 3 days. It’s time to get packed for Solid Axle Summit, so if you’d like pics, please remind me in a few days.

Clean move - nice work. The Dissent rear looks like a great option, but was just trying to think through options on being able to retain the resonator as I don't want to deal with any of the supposed 'whistling' noises at cruising speeds. The 80 is loud enough - not looking to add any add'l unwanted acoustics. 🥴

Install was honestly not too bad. I do however have some mystery hardware. Anyone have any idea where these go? I know 4 of the bolts are for if I didnt have a swing out on the left side. The small stainless stuff and others I’m lost.
Also, am I missing two brackets for the inner frame side braces? My install does not match the photos I’ve seen.
@benc Build quality and fitment is better than anything else I’ve seen. Seriously nice design and tolerances. Phillip worked with my girlfriend and was awesome.

9B364B60-7A05-4DA9-B1E5-3C9FC3F2AB74.jpeg

65AA8B73-9A73-496B-AC04-E27A5689FB1F.jpeg

09947181-AFD5-4A11-9A10-1BC94264DBEB.jpeg

6B0C3318-9026-4B0C-9206-3EC6363DF65E.jpeg

Did you mount the high lift bracket? That might be where some of the hardware goes. Looks like you got everything mounted so could just be extra. Mine had a bunch of hardware as well. Sorry to hear they missed the inside frame brackets. I’m thinking you’re referring to the two brackets that make a v shape with the top of the v mounting to the frame and bottom of the v mounting to the bumper.

I’m trying to figure out how to angle my spare. When I get it angled it won’t hold because the wheel is to far at an angle.

Last edited:
Did you mount the high lift bracket? That might be where some of the hardware goes. Looks like you got everything mounted so could just be extra. Mine had a bunch of hardware as well. Sorry to hear they missed the inside frame brackets. I’m thinking you’re referring to the two brackets that make a v shape with the top of the v mounting to the frame and bottom of the v mounting to the bumper.

I’m trying to figure out how to angle my spare. When I get it angled it won’t hold because the wheel is to far at an angle.
Just received confirmation my install is correct.
Photos on their site are of the proto.

It looks like on their install photos the inside braces (2 running from next to trailer hitch at 45* to the inside of the frame) mount with 4x bolts on each side to a plate that goes between the wing and the frame. How I installed:
C0FD44FB-439C-4623-A82E-6AF3FAE77021.jpeg

How the dissent site shows:
50A54E61-D088-4696-A41C-7FECC8ACB0EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom