What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed the wheels from aftermarket custom milled alloys to JDM OEM.

E9223DB9-7784-43C5-A66F-05B934844B98.jpeg

B9D5C080-C786-4441-A71E-72D3B1BE76AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Question: Best place to buy fender flares for 91 FJ? who makes a quality part, I'm looking at the "bolt showing" option compared to the OEM flares.

o_O Whoever bought those wheels needs to have their head examined! Top it off by installing them on a cruiser WTF! PLEASE tell us you did not buy them wheels!
I bought the cruiser with those wheels on it a few months back. It wasn’t running at the time as the owner had attempted to install new injectors to cure a fuel leak, and didn’t realize he cracked the intake tube. The owner was certain it was something minor, and he wouldn’t budge lower than $5.5k. I traded him an old Prius and $2k. Since the interior was very good and complete, it only had 149k mi. And I knew some of the history of the rig; I made the deal and towed it home.

I Never liked those wheels, and was set on changing them the first chance I got. Just so happened I got a set of OEM wheels that came on a parts rig.

I can appreciate how much custom machining and polishing it took to make those wheels, but I couldn’t stand them on the Cruiser.

Last edited:
I bought the cruiser with those wheels on it a few months back. It wasn’t running at the time as the owner had attempted to install new injectors to cure a fuel leak, and didn’t realize he cracked the intake tube. The owner was certain it was something minor, and he wouldn’t budge lower than $5.5k. I traded him an old Prius and $2k. Since the interior was very good and complete, it only had 149k mi. And I knew some of the history of the rig; I made the deal and towed it home.

I Never liked those wheels, and was set on changing them the first chance I got. Just so happened I got a set of OEM wheels that came on a parts rig.

I can appreciate how much custom machining and polishing it took to make those wheels, but I couldn’t stand them on the Cruiser.
Neither can the rest of us.......

Thank you for changing them!

OK, this was not fun got stuck in the middle of the Negev desert with no cell phone reception.
It started fun we did the Zin trail from up the Negev mountains down to the Jordanian border.
1קק.jpg

Drove on pavement for 30 miles, went into the Nekarot trail drove 30 minutes into the desert, and when we stopped near a nice tree to prepare Turkies coffee the engine changed rpm 3 times up and down many dashboard lights went on. I shut it down and could not start it again. I am going to write a separate post on what I need next but in the end, it was the Fusible link that failed mechanically
תיקון.jpg
1קק1.jpg

What’s your caster reading? How’s drivetrain noise vibes?
I installed castor correction plates, but didn't measure. It drives good. Didn't notice any problem. There is small vibration in 3rd gear, in specific rpm. But nothing big. I have rear lower OME arms and rear upper adjustable OME arms. Front and rear OME adjustable panhards. Front and rear swaybars links spacers

20230106_112744.jpg

My old 4xInnovations sliders had gaping openings and I was always worried that a human or a dog would slip and break a leg. I got some expanded metal, and with some cutting and welding and grinding, I solved the problem...one one side of the vehicle. I ran out of time to finish. It's also too cold to paint so I will have to deal with that when it ever gets warm enough.
20230318_151053.jpg

20230318_172551.jpg

20230318_162241.jpg

I didn’t do anything major except check fluid levels, tire pressure levels…I found the rear hatch lock actuator wants to stick so that’s 3 of 5 that won’t lock/unlock now. Hopefully I can find them new or via MUD, or pull from another Toyota.

I did order my CDL button today for my ‘97 👍

I try hitting up the yard whenever a RAV4 comes in but sadly, these switches are the first to go! I know I could use a hazard switch but there’s something about the actual switch that makes me happy 🤔

Next Saturday is a run from Black Butte to Madras on an old forest road…looking forward to it; I’ll post pics!

1B81AD57-6A2A-4A72-8DEA-5881744C6C88.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom