Radiator - OEM or other? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good to hear that! It has a print 'Japan' but didn't see 'Made in Japan' anywhere.
img_20220929_214957-jpg.3131158
I believe that is the T.Rad symbol under the Toyota logo in your image.

If you want ALL Aluminum, Mishimoto, and CSF... both make them.

Mishimoto, you have to reuse the side brackets... make sure to adjust the brackets so they dont touch/rub the alum radiator, esp around the welds.

CSF... I believe it comes with all mounting bracketry... havent had a chance to install yet, but soon.

I'm a bit torn between two factory Toyota OEM radiators. 16400-50290 N. America Spec. (expensive one) and 16400-50360 Mexico Spec. (about $200-150 cheaper depending on dealership), both of which are direct fit for 2005 100 series. I just learned today the difference in price is because the Mexico Sepc. is built with slightly thinner walls. Curious if anyone had any experience or advice on these two versions I need to decide to get the 50360 tomorrow or need to wait on the 50290 as some dealers are reporting back ordered. Also wondering what's negative feed on ordering from Toyotapartsdeal.com I've seen on some threads.

"I just learned today the difference in price is because the Mexico spec. built with slightly thinner walls.."

I would be curious where you learned that one. The 50360 is used in other parts of the world, not just Mexico. I'm sure it would be fine for all of the USA.

Last edited:
That's how it was exactly listed on many Toyota dealership websites including few calls to parts dept. Just reporting what I saw. Regardless, I will get the 50360.

No, you are not wrong, it is listed as Mexican spec. I was curious about the thin wall part. Mexico, in general, is closer to the equator and hotter than the US. So they put a thinner walled radiator?

That would be my guess too but I have not looked into it that closely. I think the plastic composition is disclosed on the radiators somewhere and one could compare…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom