What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a rebuilt steering box, first time in 20+ years of ownership. The old one was loose, out of adjustments and leaking.
I repainted the box because it was packed in a plastic bag with wet paint and was a mess.
I went with primer gray with a clear coat over it. While I had it apart, I painted the steering shaft and column, installed a new rag joint, and repacked the bearings. The steering is much tighter now and I don't look like a drunk on the highway.

View attachment 3269455View attachment 3269456View attachment 3269457View attachment 3269458
Very nice!

Tank is tacked up and a little paint..

PXL_20230314_183720464.jpg
PXL_20230314_201419730.jpg
PXL_20230314_201432711.jpg

Adding more toys to the rig. Next on the list is the remote start, alarm and push to start. I already had a push button start but this is at least more OEM feeling, if you were in a 200 series cruiser that is....

Now I can start cleaning up the dash and interior. Got a lot of stainless cover plates to design, cut and finish for my end game plan.

How do you set pinion angle with it off the truck? I ask because ever time I see spring pads getting welded to an axle they seem to set it with the weight of the truck on it.

cheers

This is a 60 sua axle. Simply mimic the stock angles... Nothing to it and doesn't need to be on, off, loaded or unloaded.

Note to self:
Make sure a lizard isn’t camping out in your special funnel before you pull the transmission plug.

Flood.jpg

B3B169A7-B872-40B0-843A-2CF5AC7B62C7.jpeg

New member of the family on her maiden voyage……. I’m going with “she enjoyed it more than wife’s GX”
*In truth….. “she was too terrified to move” 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom