200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Everyone!

I just picked up a set of BBS Forged Tundra TRD PRO wheels (18 x 8) yesterday. Just want to pick your brain and hopefully I can get my LX470 set up correctly.

I realized it's not a direct fit after purchasing the wheels, and require spacers to fit the TRD PRO wheels. What size wheel spacer did you use?
My 2000 LX470 still has the AHC suspecsion without any lift.
Would adding the spacer cause any rub? Also what size tires (I'm thinking KO2) do you have on your truck? Any rub at all?

Thank you so much!

I have the Spidertrax 1.25” spacers, got them from Slee. No rub with 33” LT275/70R18 on Tundra TRD Rims.

I'm confused. I've actually gone through all 61 pages of this thread. I see where a number of people have used these Tundra wheels on a Lexus LX470, with either spacers or modifications to the grease cap and center cap. But EBAY fitment guide says it won't. I know enough to not trust that guide, but a couple of the vendors that are actually tire/rim sellers say that they don't think so. I asked if it was simply because of the center cap/grease cap issue and they couldn't give a good answer. One indicated that it depended on the year model Tundra, but I didn't see anywhere that they changed over the 2014-2021 run? That's why I came to the experts. Thanks.

View attachment 3218368
Did you ever find any others that had modified the center cap? I suppose I will need to take my tires off and machine the wheel if I need to before going the spacer route, but I wondered how far some were taking down the center cap.

Casually looking for an upgrade for our new 01 LC. Came across these sort of local on Craigs list, will these fit with out a lift or spacers? From a 16 Cruiser
View attachment 1443544
Did you ever do this? I found a set of these I'm thinking about making black for my 99 100 series.

Did you ever find any others that had modified the center cap? I suppose I will need to take my tires off and machine the wheel if I need to before going the spacer route, but I wondered how far some were taking down the center cap.
I didn't. I ended up buying the Tundra take-offs, (the guy had 2 sets and made me a deal) and ordered the spacers from Slee. The thought of bashing in the grease cap bothers me more than putting spacers on.
I do have another question that I haven't seen answered here. The wheels came with the center caps. The little chrome Toyota logo thing pops out easily, but finding a similar Lexus logo only has not been easy. Ebay has lots of "center caps" with logos, some that look to pop out like these, but they don't specify the size of the logo. I have asked a couple of them about the distance between the prongs, thinking I could swap them, but none have responded. Don't really want to order some randomly and find out that they don't fit. Anyone here able to find just the Lexus logo? Thanks.

I didn't. I ended up buying the Tundra take-offs, (the guy had 2 sets and made me a deal) and ordered the spacers from Slee. The thought of bashing in the grease cap bothers me more than putting spacers on.
I do have another question that I haven't seen answered here. The wheels came with the center caps. The little chrome Toyota logo thing pops out easily, but finding a similar Lexus logo only has not been easy. Ebay has lots of "center caps" with logos, some that look to pop out like these, but they don't specify the size of the logo. I have asked a couple of them about the distance between the prongs, thinking I could swap them, but none have responded. Don't really want to order some randomly and find out that they don't fit. Anyone here done this? Thanks.
Here are some 2-tone 18” Tundra wheels with 275/65 R18 Toyo Open Country AT/3s on the War Wagon. I pried the Toyota Ts off and glued on some EBay Ls. I used a 3 pound sledge to pound the grease caps flat and dremeled out just enough plastic to make the hub caps fit. I think it looks pretty boss!

View attachment 2584482

View attachment 2584483
Your pics inspired me to buy these wheels. They look great with the Galactic Gray, which I also have. I realize that you posted this a couple of years ago, but had a couple of questions, if you don't mind. Were you able to find the Lexus logos themselves? All I can find are "centers" with logos that look like they might fit. I have asked a couple of sellers about measurements, but none have responded. Also, any issues after "pounding the grease caps flat"? Scares me a bit, but obviously done quite a bit.
Thanks.

I just used a hole saw and drilled out the center of the cap, painted the dust cap to match the wheel, looks good and no need for spacers.

96A4BEA9-526D-477D-8E5C-F1DEB0BA3F6E.jpeg
AC5EB137-A182-4E34-A207-3B7A11D1C213.jpeg

Last edited:
I need to paint my new dust caps and install them. I assume I can just tap them on without adding any grease. Not sure how long the previous owner had been driving w/o them. I will also get some new pics with the 275/70/18 Cooper Rugged Trek's mounted on my 18" steel wheels if anyone wants to see what they look like.

painted wheel 1.jpg

messages_0 (11).jpeg
I picked these up from a coworker who is doing a hefty build on his Tundra...had the Michelin AT rubber on there, I did order the 1.25" front and rear spider trax spacers. compared to the stock 16" they are lighter and I think they look great...not everyones style...I had been planning to spend money on rock sliders and bumpers, but those will come soon

I run them without the front center caps.

I've not done it myself, but if I were to modify something to get the center caps to fit, I'd carefully modify the grease cap. Some mild flattening of the grease cap and you're there!

I'm sure you know already... make sure to use the correct lug nuts when running the Tundra wheels.

Hmm what is there correct lugs you are referring to my friend? Just the lugs that come with the Tundra wheels?

I run them without the front center caps.

I've not done it myself, but if I were to modify something to get the center caps to fit, I'd carefully modify the grease cap. Some mild flattening of the grease cap and you're there!

I'm sure you know already... make sure to use the correct lug nuts when running the Tundra wheels.
I have a set of these wheels coming- what lug nuts do I need? I was hoping to just use the stock lug nuts. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom