New Member number 631 Jake Wilson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Please welcome Jake (@jakedwilson ) to CopperStateCruisers.

Jake resides in the Valley and has a 1973 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, 2017 Toyota Tundra, 2019 Toyota Sequoia. Maybe Jake can tell us more about his fleet and post a few pictures. There is a meeting in Tempe this Friday next to the Sonic Drive In on Broadway if you would like to do a little show and tell.

Thanks for joining CSC,

Steve

Welcome to the club Jake

what time is the meeting and which sonic is it at. I am going to be up there at Ocean side ice arena for a hockey camp

Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome. My dad had an FJ40 when I was a kid and I always loved them. My first vehicle at 16 years old was a 71 FJ40. Sold it not long after because it just wasn’t practical at the time.

Purchased a 72 when I was living in California for $3k. Did a frame off restomod with my buddy when I moved back to Oregon from California (he did a majority of the work). Sold it to a guy in Canada and he sold it to a guy in Southern California a few years later. Below is a thread for that vehicle. Apparently it’ll be coming up for sale on BaT fairly soon.

My 1972 FJ40 build... - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-1972-fj40-build.437447/

Also had a 100 series and another 71. Both sold.

Recently purchased my 73, which I plan on holding onto unless someone with a nice 60/62 is up for a trade. Drove to New Mexico and towed it back this past December.
Initial plans for it are a disc brake conversion (currently drums on all fours) and power steering. It has a 327 but I’d love to do an LS conversion and make it a daily driver.

351AC2D1-AAD0-42F9-9496-B75BB54EEA10.jpeg

Hoping to make it to the next meeting!

Last edited:
:cheers:

Hockey practice ended earlier then I thought. Who all is going to the meeting

A 40 for a first vehicle? That's classy!

Welcome aboard, Jake,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom