obsolete part reproduction interest (2 Viewers)

how many ppl would commit for a pair of these

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would never install a snorkel on anything I own.

84EC50B6-2007-4199-84C3-14CC5C6122F4.gif

If anyone (RHINO?)has the stl file to share ( im to lazy to draw model this up ) ill print a prototype in a 3d system figure 4 in rubber-65A black
we just use a couple of these little printers for prototyping so I have no idea on durability but ill print one and see how it looks?

no problem even a photo top and bottom with some rough sizes and an overall height? , I can scale off sizes and work the rest out.
I would prob send it snail mail from NZ so the part can be test fit and used for a month or so to see if its a waste of time?

looks like we got this handled, your offer is appreciated and if something should happen to fall through i'll reach out

Had a chance to sit down this morning and knock out the CAD design. It's close to an exact copy of the OEM part. The only change is that the OEM piece has the tube stick down about 1/4" below the bottom of the part. I had to cut it off even with the bottom so I have a flat surface to print from. I'm not sure if that will create an issue or not. We will see with testing. I have the soft rubber filament coming. Should be here in a few days to get prototype 1.0 printed.
boot 1.JPG
boot 2.JPG
boot 3.JPG
boot 4.JPG

I never tried this so I have to ask. How is the stalk separated from the mechanism to install this piece?

I never tried this so I have to ask. How is the stalk separated from the mechanism to install this piece?
super expensive sst tool 4766333-C available only from toyota.....
seriously tho i dont know
probably screws in

probably screws in

If it was only that easy. At first glance, it doesn't seem like it was intended to come apart and only sold as one whole functioning non-serviceable unit.

The rubber we are using is the most elastic/flexible rubber filament on the market. Very similar to silicone. My hope is that no tools will be needed and this piece will simply stretch right over the stalk blinker/wiper assembly things. We will see.

For what it's worth the only vehicles that had these to begin with are soft tops.

Looks great @bhicks

The trim piece fits over the stalk from the plug side, there is a pivot pin that needs to be stretched over, or pushed out and back in to fit these.

As mentioned before, if we are recreating the part or just making a similar trim needs to be decided I suppose. One would almost require the stalk pivot pin removed, the other would be an easy stretch.

Correct, but I don't really care about driving a museum piece around, I'd like that big ol' hole in the clamshell trimmed, it bothers me everytime I see it.

I was simply pointing out that they aren't actually "missing" unless the vehicle is a soft top. Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom