More M101 CDN Restoration Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those look just like the Uniroyal tires I put on my M416 a few months ago. Very little use so far. What pressure are you running? Trailer still looks awesome.

Those look just like the Uniroyal tires I put on my M416 a few months ago. Very little use so far. What pressure are you running? Trailer still looks awesome.
Thanks, Lash. Still has the 60 Series spare tire mount underneath that I got from you many moons ago too.

They are great tires. I don’t remember what pressure I’m running, but I need to get back up to speed on that, as it’s been sitting for a year or so. Seems like these tires run pretty high as I recall.

Hope you are doing well!

Installed the No-Weld Rack Towers from Compact Camping Concepts today and trimmed my old aluminum crossbars to fit. I would highly recommend these. They are relatively inexpensive, very sturdy, and mount perfectly to a 416 or 101 trailer.
2D276E88-4C15-42B7-9014-5276CF798F9E.jpeg
EBDBC606-15D5-49B4-9063-7E442EFFC891.jpeg

Suspension bushings (hijack)

Don't mean to hijack your thread Cbmontgo but, I found replacement bushings at Specter Off-road, I ordered twelve 289-55-C at
$1.87 ea which are intended to be used on 1968-7/80 55 Series Toyota Land Cruiser leaf spring shackles. They worked like a champ. Getting the old bushings out was way more work than installing the new ones. I ended up using a propane torch to burn out the old rubber bushings.:cheers:
Resurrecting an old thread…
I want to do this right, and want to replace the spring bushings, but I’m not sure there are/ever were any bushings on my 1969 US M101A1. There isn’t much/any space between the inner brass sleeve for the pins. I realize there are some differences in the CDN version, but maybe someone can enlighten me?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Resurrecting an old thread…
I want to do this right, and want to replace the spring bushings, but I’m not sure there are/ever were any bushings on my 1969 US M101A1. There isn’t much/any space between the inner brass sleeve for the pins. I realize there are some differences in the CDN version, but maybe someone can enlighten me?
Found the technical manual for the trailer on SteelSoldiers. Looks like there are no “urethane style” bushings, just the brass sleeves.

Just picked up an M101 CDN2 and gotta say there is some great info in this thread.

If OP is still around and still owns his trailer, any updates?

Just picked up an M101 CDN2 and gotta say there is some great info in this thread.

If OP is still around and still owns his trailer, any updates?
Hi there, I’m still alive and kicking. Not too much has changed since my last post in 2020. Hoping to get it out on some trails this summer. I need to replace a valve stem and fix wiring on one tail light and she’s ready to go.

Hi there, I’m still alive and kicking. Not too much has changed since my last post in 2020. Hoping to get it out on some trails this summer. I need to replace a valve stem and fix wiring on one tail light and she’s ready to go.
Awesome, thanks for checking in! After a lot of googling it seems most info from people modifying these trailers is from the mid-2000's ( a lot of dead links) so it's nice to run into a thread where an owner is still posting some updates.

Here's mine as it sits, brought it home Saturday.

mcKrm9B.jpg

That's a clean looking trailer. Should your future plans involve removing the Lunette ring in favor of a different hitch. I would be interested in purchasing your Lunette.
I've been searching for a while. Have fun with your CDN M101. I really like mine.
Cheers, Jim

That's a clean looking trailer. Should your future plans involve removing the Lunette ring in favor of a different hitch. I would be interested in purchasing your Lunette.
I've been searching for a while. Have fun with your CDN M101. I really like mine.
Cheers, Jim

Thanks!

My plan is to keep the lunette, part of the charm of the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom