TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The challenges of fb marketplace and people being able to read.

View attachment 3248926
109F5DD7-9B98-43D2-A805-BA657D02F0D0.gif

Friggin computers! Heather and I are watching Clarkson's Farm 2 series. All of a sudden I am getting feeds on my instagram feed of his young helper. Never saw it before this morning. Our TV is not connected in any way to my computer. This leads me to believe my computer is listening. There is no other reasonable explanation. Similar occurred a couple years back with a guy that worked for me. We were talking about something very obscure (forget the subject) in the shop and that night his phone was full of leads on the subject.

Friggin computers! Heather and I are watching Clarkson's Farm 2 series. All of a sudden I am getting feeds on my instagram feed of his young helper. Never saw it before this morning. Our TV is not connected in any way to my computer. This leads me to believe my computer is listening. There is no other reasonable explanation. Similar occurred a couple years back with a guy that worked for me. We were talking about something very obscure (forget the subject) in the shop and that night his phone was full of leads on the subject.
It is a good show. If Clarkson's farm is on amazon (I think that was where we were watching it), its probably getting that info from the prime app.

I was driving west on Hwy 70 in Jo Co today outside of Oliver at about 3:00 and saw a green 2000ish Land Rover Discovery waiting to pull out of a strip mall onto the highway. I was in the right-hand lane going the speed limit and glanced over at his LR when the driver gave me the "middle finger" with both hands against his front windshield as I passed by.
I guess he wasn't a fan of Land Cruisers?! Didn't know this was a thing. Jeep drivers usually wave. Laughed for about a mile or so!

@AWOLDoc maybe he knew you. I’ve had people do that same thing to me only to find out later they were friends driving a different vehicle. I’ve also had people do that and then speed off when I grt out to say hello and introduce myself.

@AWOLDoc I’ve also had people do that and then speed off when I grt out to say hello and introduce myself.

That’s odd. This has happened to me before. Most of the time they don’t like when I come over and say hi. I wander they that is? Haha

@SFROMAN Baseball cap and your congenial manner. Me I throw my hands in the air like I just don’t care.

@AWOLDoc maybe he knew you. I’ve had people do that same thing to me only to find out later they were friends driving a different vehicle. I’ve also had people do that and then speed off when I grt out to say hello and introduce myself.
That was why I posted it here. I was hoping someone saw me and was giving me the double one-finger salute because I wasn't at the meet and greet or the last ONSC meeting. Since they turned off at the next onramp, we were going in different directions and I couldn't say Hi or respond in kind.
Thought it was funny though. Ha Ha funny, not weird funny.

@onemanarmy you might want to check if NC is one of the states you can get a medical release for tinted windows.

I almost blew a gasket when an inspector tried to fail my inspection because I disconnected fog lights from the steering wheel and added Rigid SAE DOT Fog Lights to my DISSENT bumper with a new button.

re tint: I recently found out at my last inspection that you have to pay an extra $10 per annual inspection if you have any tint installed. This pays for the 'extra testing' required during your annual inspection.

thousands of vehicles on the road with no license plate, insurance, working brake lights, decent tires, or mufflers....but yea....the slightly too dark tint on the used truck I just bought, and now won't pass inspection, is the problem.
You'll be flagged in the system IIRC too for this. May be worth looking for another inspection shop too.

re tint: I recently found out at my last inspection that you have to pay an extra $10 per annual inspection if you have any tint installed. This pays for the 'extra testing' required during your annual inspection.
whether or not they actually get the little machine out or not. It's sanctioned extortion IMO.

whether or not they actually get the little machine out or not. It's sanctioned extortion IMO.
The shop told me that they can lose their license if they don't add that extra inspection fee to the report, but yes, whether or not they actually measure it is questionable

roll your front windows down, pull the window fuse/pull the manual window crank off. they can test what they can see and you can't be failed for windows not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom