For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Here is an interesting one I saw at the dealer auctions; 2015 with high mileage, decent condition, but market as "livery use in NY" which is a unique new one for an LC... Who wants to drive a cab with 10MPG?

JTMHY7AJ2F4033191 2015 LC, 160K, dealer asking $29,500 retail estimated at $36,500. My auction guy would not buy it for various reasons (mileage too high but I will not lie, I was pretty tempted....). So pretty much, find your friend who has a dealer's license and have them pick this one up for you!

View attachment 3267884
@ageslurkin looks like you have access to MMR database and was wondering if you wouldn't mind assisting me in understanding the current wholesale pricing on:
2013-2015 LX 570's | <75k miles

Also this is one of my very 1st post here. So if you like story, read on, other wise skip the long windedness...Long time lurker. Longer time Toyota owner, 1985 4Runner manual 4x4, 2008 4Runner V8 Sport 4x4 (really miss that one...bought during the 2008 crash for 40K new, sold 5yrs 50k miles l8tr for 38k), 1997 Tacoma 2wd manual, 2000 Tacoma V6 4x4 manual. Well the time has come to sell 2000 Tacoma and move into the LX570. Why the LX570: a) its a LC200; b) AHC for a 5'0" mother that will rarely but occasionally need to get in, so the kneeling suspension is a welcome LX feature; c) 2013-2015 so as to avoid the joystick infotainment; d) adaptive cruise control (interested to hear owners review of this feature vs modern systems); d) + tailgate +Mark Levinson; e) @ 50 years old I have a higher value on Engineering and luxury and a lower value on looks. In and ideal world I have Land Rover D110 with a LC 200 powertrain and G-Wagon Portal Axels, oh and a bottomless wallet....for now the LX570 will do ;)

Been loosely following the prices for the past 12 months and have noticed the past 3 months have seen prices dropping on the whole and average ~$2-3k.

Denver (Lexus of Greenwood Village).

I thought you were talking about that one...it wound up in my driveway.
2016 LX570
27,000 miles
1 owner, not a ding/dent/or scratch.

Last edited:
I thought you were talking about that one...it wound up in my driveway. For reference:
2016 LX570
27,000 miles
PAID $62,500
1 owner, not a ding/dent/or scratch.
Nice

One owner 2015 LC in Burlington, WA was listed with 37k for $62k. Was crunching numbers when it sold to an out of state buyer.

Not about a 200: but a comparison of 200 with an Armada.
I just don't feel like throwing 53K for a 130K mile 2018. Yes, it's an LC, but it will break and will have repairs in next 50K miles, some items that will need attention are, radiator, CV's, coolant, diff and transfer fluids, drive shafts, alternator, steering rack, P/S flush, it really need a new set of tires, windshield (has a crack), dent and door scratch.

Now to my point: This couple of days NISSAN has made some dealers in South East to sell their Armada's at a special discount, I NEARLY bought one today 2023, 4x4 white with just 8 miles from a dealer in GA: The original price was 59K and dropped to 49500, when asked they quoted 50,600 and then "dealer fees" of $799, then doc fee of $149 and again, non tax charge of $49 + TTL for $54K. I do not pay dealer fees! so end of the deal. Now, this is brand new truck (Nissan Patrol) and made in Japan:

I have seen these Armada's (Y62) driven all over Middle east and Australia (DMW's Ruben - A Toy guy and Gram on youtube are very famous) Some times the Y62 drives over a terrain, but a 200 could not (Shanuna's 200 on 4wd 247)! The newer Armada insurance is much lower due to the safety features it has compared to the most latest 2021 200.

One more thing I noticed when I search CL for Armada's are there are basically non for sale (Dallas, Austin, Houston, ABQ, San Antonio) by private users, even though I see at least one Aramda in each mile in West TX! Are they so good that people don't want to sell it?

Am I wrong to assume a 2023 brand new Armada could easily last 15 years without a single hickup over a 130K mile driven 5 years old LC 200's for next 15 years?

I don't think you're wrong, the Armada is a definitely a solid and proven truck. However a neutered US spec Armada is not a Y62, false equivalence there. Around here it's just a mommy mobile. There is literally ZERO aftermarket support and zero community. The reason people buy a Land Cruiser is because of a resource and community like ih8mud. I think many LC buyers and those on here at some point intend to mod or build their truck up to some degree. There are at least a plethora of options for the Land Cruiser platform. Try searching for any type of aftermarket support for the US Armada and its like crickets. If you intend to keep it mild, maybe suspension and tires then the Armada is fine. If you want to build beyond that then you're SOL and are likely buying from crap brands like nFAB, MOVE or custom work. I looked into the Armada as well because of the similarities to the Y62 but there are significant differences. At the end of the day that platform doesn't excite me. There's no community, support or heritage to it. It doesn't have the Land Cruiser mystique.

I am temporarily out of Manheim Access but here was some 2013 LC data from November - Pretty dang close right now to this. Your low mileage LX market is much more sparse I would imagine, that is pretty low for a 2013. Take maybe $5K off wholesale for LX vs the below being LC.

10/12/22$35,000127,4383.98G/AWhiteRegularSouthwestDallas
9/15/22$32,000143,1473.98G/ABlackRegularNortheastFredericksburg
8/4/22$29,200142,9792.38G/ABlackRegularNortheastFredericksburg
7/29/22$44,25073,7544.88G/AWhiteRegularNortheastPennsylvania
7/29/22$55,500*19,2495.08G/ARedRegularNortheastPennsylvania
7/13/22$39,000113,2994.48G/ABlackRegularSouthwestDallas
6/23/22$31,500167,7394.68G/ASilverRegularSoutheastAtlanta

I don't think you're wrong, the Armada is a definitely a solid and proven truck. However a neutered US spec Armada is not a Y62, false equivalence there. Around here it's just a mommy mobile. There is literally ZERO aftermarket support and zero community. The reason people buy a Land Cruiser is because of a resource and community like ih8mud. I think many LC buyers and those on here at some point intend to mod or build their truck up to some degree. There are at least a plethora of options for the Land Cruiser platform. Try searching for any type of aftermarket support for the US Armada and its like crickets. If you intend to keep it mild, maybe suspension and tires then the Armada is fine. If you want to build beyond that then you're SOL and are likely buying from crap brands like nFAB, MOVE or custom work. I looked into the Armada as well because of the similarities to the Y62 but there are significant differences. At the end of the day that platform doesn't excite me. There's no community, support or heritage to it. It doesn't have the Land Cruiser mystique.
Thank you for your insight. Yes, I have noticed few differences, 4 piston caliper in Y62 and two piston caliper in Armada (Floating). No lockers etc., But this is mainly for my wife, so minimal mods and then I get to mess with my 100 as it's the only big SUV I have to take the family out. I have test driven about 10 LC's and about 10 Armada's, The Armada is way powerfull and pulls 10 times better than the 200. Also when cornering, Armada has minimal or no body rolling. If I find a low mile LC, I'll take it over an Armada.

For all you cats out there watching and looking, a 14 LX just popped up on bringatrailer. 🍿

For all you cats out there watching and looking, a 14 LX just popped up on bringatrailer. 🍿

Also a 2013 on Cars and bids.

The last 2015 LX570 on carsandbids with 127k miles went for $40,000

I've been going through these listings as a fun liitle side project to see if I can ever predict the final price (with admittedly mixed success)
Here's that previous 2015 and I hope to get videos done on these other LXs soon.

Hey all, short time lurker, first time poster here.

Entertaining the idea of getting rid of my 04 Tacoma Xtra Cab in exchange for a '11-'14 LX570 as the wife and I are going to start trying for a kid soon. Just in the beginning stages of getting serious on the purchase, would definitely need to sell the truck first to partially fund the purchase.

Really just looking for a sanity check on whether I can expect to find a clean example for sub $30k when I'm ready. I'm not super picky on mileage, but something under 125k would be ideal. In an ideal world, I'd end up with a '13 or '14, but would be happy with a '11+.

Are my expectations realistic? From what I've seen, there are a few options out there around $31-$35k for '13 and '14s. Not sure how that translates to actual sale price and it those would come down a bit in the future.

Also, any suggestions for where to look would be appreciated. I typically peruse CarGurus, but not sure if I'm missing a large portion of the market.

Hey all, short time lurker, first time poster here.

Entertaining the idea of getting rid of my 04 Tacoma Xtra Cab in exchange for a '11-'14 LX570 as the wife and I are going to start trying for a kid soon. Just in the beginning stages of getting serious on the purchase, would definitely need to sell the truck first to partially fund the purchase.

Really just looking for a sanity check on whether I can expect to find a clean example for sub $30k when I'm ready. I'm not super picky on mileage, but something under 125k would be ideal. In an ideal world, I'd end up with a '13 or '14, but would be happy with a '11+.

Are my expectations realistic? From what I've seen, there are a few options out there around $31-$35k for '13 and '14s. Not sure how that translates to actual sale price and it those would come down a bit in the future.

Also, any suggestions for where to look would be appreciated. I typically peruse CarGurus, but not sure if I'm missing a large portion of the market.
Here is a good start! CL and cargurus are good too if you check multiple geographic areas

Here is a good start! CL and cargurus are good too if you check multiple geographic areas
Dumb question, but how do you actually search on CL? The couple times I have, it just showed me a bunch of random cars not even remotely similar to my search terms.

This is coming from a tech-literate 30 year old that used CL many times in the early 2010s. Have I just become spoiled by modern websites?

This site will get you a good look at many sites including Craigslist nationwide.

Dumb question, but how do you actually search on CL? The couple times I have, it just showed me a bunch of random cars not even remotely similar to my search terms.

This is coming from a tech-literate 30 year old that used CL many times in the early 2010s. Have I just become spoiled by modern websites?
I find the app helpful. You can set filters for make and model. I have saved searches using both Land cruiser (with and without a space) and LX 570 (with and without a space).

Screenshot_20230317_163711_craigslist.jpg

Saw this one. Been around Austin/San Antonio area since new. Low mileage (25K), no accidents and few aftermarket parts.

Year: 2017
VIN: JTMCY7AJ5H4059605
Price: $78,749
Color: Silver/Black

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.10.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.10.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 9.10.43 AM.png

A used car dealer on youtube posted a video of a used car lot auction: A 2009 LX 570 149K miles is sold for $18700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom