Unknown sensor/button 2019 LC, under dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any idea what this is for? I discovered it when I opened up the dash to install my Redarc controller. It’s attached to a wire near the brake controller and control panel on the left side of the dash.
36ECCC1F-085C-4A7E-802E-B1F993E12DA3.jpeg
B0198D8D-DDE1-4B5B-9799-A9FDA92BB840.jpeg
B863BB30-5ED0-45E5-913D-75029F23795B.jpeg

Interesting. Was your truck previously owned?

Directed manufacturers a lot of things for vehicle alarms/remote start systems. You have an aftermarket system in there and its functionality pertains to one of those things.

Thanks guys. I didn’t push the button, didn’t want to trigger anything. I am the 2nd owner, bought from a dealer.

Reading the linked pages above, looks like a Bluetooth module for Viper or Autostart systems. Maybe hook up with DSD installer and see what they think. Seems it works with Bluetooth for remote start.

All of that would be getting removed if this were my vehicle.

In the 5 seconds I skimmed the product description it sounds like the button is just for putting whatever system that’s installed into and out of “valet” mode.

If you do push it, definitely push it a second time then.

Flux capacitator. It's the second gen, with just a black button.

In our old Saab 900 there was a bunch of switches on the dash and by just dumb luck I came across, probably in a toy store, a switch that exactly matched the other switches in the car and it was marked “eject.”

So I stuck it on and we told the kids if they weren’t good we would flip the switch. That fib lasted about three miles.

PUSH THE BUTTON!!!

Valet mode for my vehicles is me dropping off the wife and the front door and driving myself to a parking spot. No way in handing someone i don't know my keys and paying them for my stupidity in doing so. Same with dealers, last time they will ever touch the key was when they handed it to me.

I pushed the button and my LC turned into a highlander. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom