What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome on the Valley Tech! Just ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. Garrett is such an awesome guy to work with. What options did you go with? Also, what was your lead time?
Yeah Garret was great to work with! I ordered in mid November and he told me mid-late February. There was some parts cut wrong from the machine shop he uses since this is an updated version of the bumper with some changes. So he had to get that straightened out and took about an extra week.

I went with a tire carrier on the driver side and a ladder on the passenger side with a removable platform for my cooler/storage and hitch receiver. Thats it really. I left off the light pods because I wanted to keep it simple and clean. Figured I can always add it later if needed. I'll post pictures once I get it powder coated and installed.

It's all about redundancy! 😎

20230309_111754.jpg

Hey Jemelo, how do you like those Yokohama tires? Very noisy on pavement?
I also run the Yoki Geolandar M/T and I have loved them! They’re really not that noisy but maybe I’ve just become accustomed to it. I came from the same tire but A/T flavor so there is the obvious difference in driving noise. I think they’re one of the quiestest MT but I only have 10k on them so far, so we’ll see how that opinion changes with wear. As for their performance it’s been phenomenal. I frequent construction sites and find myself having to go through large mud holes left by excavators. These things just eat up the thick clay mud we have here in AR. I highly recommend them!

31ECBA57-C371-4887-BFE1-19C261E57254.jpeg

1B893FDB-3FCD-47FF-82A7-D07D7ED9394A.jpeg

C790E215-7025-495A-836A-2DB4F0B0EA20.jpeg

Chuck, I have a '99 LX470 without a hitch. Wondering if I remove the rear bumper to expose the rear crossmember, would there be a location to mount the thru-bumper hitch like you have? Or, did they actually change the design of the rear crossmember after '99? Thanks!
If you take the spare out, you should be able to see the rear cross member from the other side. If there is a hole, you'd know!

Chuck, I have a '99 LX470 without a hitch. Wondering if I remove the rear bumper to expose the rear crossmember, would there be a location to mount the thru-bumper hitch like you have? Or, did they actually change the design of the rear crossmember after '99? Thanks!

The picture above is of a 03-05 LX and is unique to them. (I believe all other) 100's have a 4 bolt pattern in the rear crossmember to mount a pintle hitch.

Finished replacing trim and badges on the rear hatch/tailgate after raptor liner. The badges had been previously painted over by a PO so I had to carefully wire brush them clean. I got tired of trying on the little “Lexus” and “LX470” badges so those are getting abandoned.

Also installed a car play head unit with Nakamichi amp bypass, backup camera. More to come on that but all I can say is thank God for this forum which took all the guesswork out of it!

0371AF85-0D15-435C-B9BE-63CE7584B411.jpeg

DBDE2D35-527C-419A-B421-C08C4CADB0E8.jpeg

Finished replacing trim and badges on the rear hatch/tailgate after raptor liner. The badges had been previously painted over by a PO so I had to carefully wire brush them clean. I got tired of trying on the little “Lexus” and “LX470” badges so those are getting abandoned.

Also installed a car play head unit with Nakamichi amp bypass, backup camera. More to come on that but all I can say is thank God for this forum which took all the guesswork out of it!

View attachment 3269275

View attachment 3269276
I went through a similar re-badging, opting to lose the V8 and Toyota badge and center up the Land Cruiser emblem. There’s just too many badges back there 😂 I also deleted my wiper.
7F89CAAD-F752-4D0B-88CA-62E9CEDA72E1.jpeg

Didn’t get to take pictures as it was threatening to rain and I was working outside but I finally fixed my drivers window that was making horrible noise going up and down. Turned out to be one loose bolt that holds the glass to the regulator. Also hopefully fixed the rattle from the passenger door. The plastic door pocket was mostly separated from the door card so a small piece of new two sided tape and some hot glue sorted that out. I did discover that the door speakers have been replaced with something with poly cones and foam surrounds. Someday when more time is available I’ll take one out and see what brand they are.

That is a sharp looking truck!
Those are my favorite 100 series wheels too.
Thanks! I almost sold it a couple years ago when prices went crazy to get a 200-series, but it no longer makes sense so I'm continuing to invest in PM and minor upgrades here and there. Only has 131k original miles on it, bought it with 78k miles back in 2015.

We put new tyres and rims on ours this week so today we took it off road for the very first time - in its life.

I am seriously impressed.
The track started with a very steep climb up to an altitude of 950 meters (3100 feet) - the track was badly rutted by other vehicles who had dug holes, plus heavy rain has dug it out and its very very rocky with both bedrock and lose rocks. Many times wheels lost contact with the ground.

But I found just keeping the rpm at around 1500/2000 and letting the tuck sort it all with traction control worked brilliantly! It just walked up the track not stopping once. Like a bulldozer!

I know this isn't a typical 'what I did with my truck this week' post - but the very first time off road for a 21 year old truck is significant - I reckon this is worthy.

20230312_120937-01.jpeg

One odd thing we have noticed - when getting back onto sealed road the truck seemed to both ride and handle better than ever before. It almost felt sporty coming over the hills. And a front end knock has gone!

I cant explain either of these yet. The only thought I have is that perhaps flexing the suspension (which has AHC) and running gear has done it done good? Is that even possible?!

Either way, we're not complaining!

Very very very happy with our LC 100.
Best truck I've ever owned by a country mile.

Last edited:
We put new tyres and rims on ours this week so today we took it off road for the very first time - in its life.

I am seriously impressed.
The track started with a very steep climb up to an altitude of 950 meters (3100 feet) - the track was badly rutted by other vehicles who had dug holes, plus heavy rain has dug it out and its very very rocky with both bedrock and lose rocks. Many times wheels lost contact with the ground.

But I found just keeping the rpm at around 1500/2000 and letting the tuck sort it all with traction control worked brilliantly! It just walked up the track not stopping once. Like a bulldozer!

I know this isn't a typical 'what I did with my truck this week' post - but the very first time off road for a 21 year old truck is significant - I reckon this is worthy.

View attachment 3270014

One odd thing we have noticed - when getting back onto sealed road the truck seemed to both ride and handle better than ever before. It almost felt sporty coming over the hills. And a front end knock has gone!

I cant explain either of these yet. The only thought I have is that perhaps flexing the suspension (which has AHC) and running gear has done it done good? Is that even possible?!

Either way, we're not complaining!

Very very very happy with our LC 100.
Best truck I've ever owned by a country mile.
Every time I hit pavement after being on trail I think it's the smoothest vehicle since a Cadillac. Usually it's just that I spent an hour bouncing all over hell and pavement is just that smooth.

Give it a day and it will ride like normal! If a knock is gone, usually the corresponding bolt is too 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom