ONSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Marlin from Marlin Crawler passed away today

Screenshot_20230309-191155_Instagram.jpg

Marlin from Marlin Crawler passed away today

View attachment 3268329
I only met him once at a 4x4 show when I first got my Yota. Didn't really know much about toyotas at the time and they weren't making any 80 series stuff at the time but he was still a solid guy to talk to.

All new window trim and the 80 looks 100 times better now that the old stuff is off the windows and doors.

All 4 windows are running perfect.

I triple lined all 4 doors with sound deadening and along with the new window trim there is absolutely no noise inside even with the new mud terrains.
I finally connected the ground on my after market stereo so I can Bluetooth phone calls in the car and listen to music. I can talk perfectly on the phone running 70 mph on highway.

I went ahead and replaced the engine and trans mounts today and there is less vibration coming up from the drivetrain. The new isolators were almost 1/2 inch taller than the old stuff. Perfect time to change them now that my lx went over 200k miles.

I still have to finish cutting and polishing the paint job but I will do that tomorrow
C44BB1B9-21F1-47A7-98C3-16D2BC5333F7.jpeg

I had to gas up since the fuel has been in there for like 3 years. Haha

You inspire me Del! You go boy!

Anyone in the UTV world? One of the issues i had with the 80 was available wheeling locally. Im thinking about picking up a sport SxS and curious from people that own them. There seem to be a lot more options for the utv crowd around.

Anyone in the UTV world? One of the issues i had with the 80 was available wheeling locally. Im thinking about picking up a sport SxS and curious from people that own them. There seem to be a lot more options for the utv crowd around.
I have an old RZR 800. I think it is an '08 or '09. Picked it up from an old man I know who bought it new and never drove it. I use it to cruise the timber tracts. Nathan and I took it out to URE once and had a ton of fun with it. We were shunned by the other UTV riders though. We stayed on the trails, didn't blast loud music and we didn't have any colorful LED lights. I have to admit I felt a little bit "dirty" being out on the trails with it...you know...kinda' like that feeling when you kiss a girl and find out later that she's your first cousin. Now I just keep it at the farm where nobody can judge me.

Last edited:
My family has a bunch of RZRs. We have a 900 that's older and four 1000s (2022/2023 models). I personally don't like them that much, but that's because I grew up riding four wheelers and prefer those to the RZRs since I'm younger. My parents love their RZRs and they've outfitted them with a lot of aftermarket parts. We go to WV/SWVA to ride them on the trails/roads. Super fun time and highly recommend!

My family has a bunch of RZRs. We have a 900 that's older and four 1000s (2022/2023 models). I personally don't like them that much, but that's because I grew up riding four wheelers and prefer those to the RZRs since I'm younger. My parents love their RZRs and they've outfitted them with a lot of aftermarket parts. We go to WV/SWVA to ride them on the trails/roads. Super fun time and highly recommend!
Im in the process of not being younger anymore, so I think they might be for me.

Im in the process of not being younger anymore, so I think they might be for me
They are loud obnoxious and useless machines for hooliganism, I disapprove of their mere existence. We, old men, should stay away from them and yell at kids in them when they fly by us, irresponsible youths!

But when I find a pair like this outside my office door out in the white sand’s training area, I shed 40 years and jump in and forget all my pains, full throttle down. Even without the gun mounts we can pretend and play “Desert Rats” for hours and hours. Pew pew….ratatatata.
1678843251086.jpeg

I really want one.

I rode in one all over Johnson valley and those things are fun. The plus side is that one or some of them can be registered for NC roads under 45 mph from what I have read.

All new window trim and the 80 looks 100 times better now that the old stuff is off the windows and doors.

All 4 windows are running perfect.

I triple lined all 4 doors with sound deadening and along with the new window trim there is absolutely no noise inside even with the new mud terrains.
I finally connected the ground on my after market stereo so I can Bluetooth phone calls in the car and listen to music. I can talk perfectly on the phone running 70 mph on highway.

I went ahead and replaced the engine and trans mounts today and there is less vibration coming up from the drivetrain. The new isolators were almost 1/2 inch taller than the old stuff. Perfect time to change them now that my lx went over 200k miles.

I still have to finish cutting and polishing the paint job but I will do that tomorrow
View attachment 3269787

I had to gas up since the fuel has been in there for like 3 years. Haha
Are you sure you want to take that off road? That's one of the most gorgeous rigs on the road.

Are you sure you want to take that off road? That's one of the most gorgeous rigs on the road.

Yeah. It is a landcruiser.

To me it has always been important for my trucks to look nice regardless of its function. I have had my lx450 for 10 years and it had become boring and ugly to me. This little refresh makes me feel like I have a new truck all over again.
The paint job is still a garage paint job. I absolutely intended for my truck to look nice but the functionality of it is still the key reason to own a landcruiser, Especially the 80 series.

these are the type of vehicles that I take pride in building. Cool, functional cars that still look nice.

I think I speak for most of the memebers of this club. I mean. And for the record. I have seen ONSC members take out their much nicer trucks off road and actually use them.

And to me. That’s real cool.

I bought a brand new 06 FJC, armored it up and took it out and beat the hell out of it, don't regret one dent of scratch!

I bought a brand new 06 FJC, armored it up and took it out and beat the hell out of it, don't regret one dent of scratch!
I recall the exhaust pinch at Harlan :D

URE was the first time I met you and Heather.
URE_2009 (158).jpg

URE_2009 (163).jpg

URE_2009 (165).jpg

You were our wing man most of the way home. All the way home to Hendersonville with just front wheel drive, the rear diff going thump thump thump all the way.

$20 dollar bet we will see less Bud Light cans on the trails in Uwharrie now. What will replace this litter of choice for the 4 wheelers in Uwharrie? Coors light? Natty Light? Beast Light? I am thinking Natty Light will take the title for cans on trails in 2023.

Got a bug,
Waiting on the title for the pending body swap On dipity "2.0" Got this bug to sale the supercharged 1fz and do a LS swap. Maybe it should be dipity "6.0" I like how the supercharger wope up the 1fz but, keep thinking about more power= more smiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom