What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you squeeze the upper radiator hose - should that be full of fluid so that you cannot squeeze it

yes, it should be full. With the radiator cap removed, you should be able to squeeze it no problem. Gently though, little air bubbles will escape. Don't let the coolant level drop, you should be able to look in the radiator and see it. I was shown this method in auto shop class. Just another way to help burp the system.

Outboarded the front perches for the 60 axle and set the 60 steering box.

Staying SUA with 4.10s and 33s

J

PXL_20230308_194954623.jpg
PXL_20230308_203210678.jpg
PXL_20230308_203235190.jpg
PXL_20230308_203223527.jpg

Outboarded the front perches for the 60 axle and set the 60 steering box.

Staying SUA with 4.10s and 33s

J

View attachment 3267573View attachment 3267574View attachment 3267575View attachment 3267576
Welds certainly look beautiful… :D

Given that stock cantilevered rear mounts are prone to cracking along the top edge, does your flange extend high enough up the frame rail? (For your intended use)

I realize the spring is still partly under the frame and the frame has a complete inner frame along that section. But, the front end is significantly heavier than the rear also.

Sorry for questioning your design… I’m only trying to offer constructive feedback and avoid future headaches for you.

Fixed little things. Stopped a brake leak and a smokey wire mess.

+12v switch to ballast resistor.

View attachment 3267604

Someone single flared this to the leaky junction on the front axle.

View attachment 3267605

1678377461643.jpeg

:eek:

Brake lines are certainly not somewhere to cut corners. I’m glad to see you took care of it and fixed it properly. It doesn’t look like that line would have held up much longer.

Welds certainly look beautiful… :D

Given that stock cantilevered rear mounts are prone to cracking along the top edge, does your flange extend high enough up the frame rail? (For your intended use)

I realize the spring is still partly under the frame and the frame has a complete inner frame along that section. But, the front end is significantly heavier than the rear also.

Sorry for questioning your design… I’m only trying to offer constructive feedback and avoid future headaches for you.

I've outboarded several the same way and never had an issue. Others were used as trail rigs, but this one will never see much more than maintained fire or blm roads.

Plus this is the cleanest/solid frame I've ever had to start with as well.

No worries at all in my mind.

J

Wow - did it leak anywhere?

Wow - did it leak anywhere?
Two spots, one spot which I anticipated - right where the door packing goes for the leading corner on the driver door - I’ve noticed air leak on interstate but haven’t glued them in, too cold right now. Otherwise just the rear door lower where the seal is ripped up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom