What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That fell out of the power seat gear. DO NOT DISCARD IT. Not serviced.

View attachment 3266851
C99789BB-35AB-4CC1-8623-6E58CD194572.gif

Last edited:
My most sincere apologies for trying to save you from doing something stupid. I promise I will never, ever, again do such a thing for you.
Believe me, I'm totally capable of doing that on my own!

:lol:

If you have never driven a vehicle with lockers, you are in for a treat. It is truely amazing how easy it makes wheeling! I drove my 80 from 97 to 2010 without lockers. While I got very good at wheeling without lockers, I had to dig out several times. The last time took me over 3 hours to dig out on the first morning of hunting season. I have never been stuck since. I have had a 12,000 lbs warn winch since 2011 and while I have used it many times to pull other people out, never to pull my rig out. Congrats!
And not only is it easier to get places but a lot better for the trails as you're not spinning needlessly tearing then up .. so don't be shy and use them! 😋

80 in the wild!!

80’s are a rare sight in my neck of the woods…. so it made my morning seeing an out of state brethren passing thru the area on my drive into work this cold and dreary morning…
1678371426702.jpeg

Last edited:
80 in the wild!!

80’s are a rare sight in my neck of the woods…. so it made my morning seeing an out of state brethren passing thru the area on my drive into work this cold and dreary morning…
View attachment 3267828
I love seeing another 80 out driving about. To steal a line from James May, seeing one gives me a special fizzy feeling😂.

Ordered some WKOR sliders and a set of Toyo AT-IIIs in 315/75r16 this morning.
You're going to love the WKOR's...excellent fit & finish and easy to install. I replaced my cats recently and checked the threads in the frame for the mount behind them (which were clean fortunately on mine)....that would be the only bastard issue if the threads need to be chased. The bolt that everyone cranks about on the brake line really isn't that big of a pain if you take your time.

You're going to love the WKOR's...excellent fit & finish and easy to install. I replaced my cats recently and checked the threads in the frame for the mount behind them (which were clean fortunately on mine)....that would be the only bastard issue if the threads need to be chased. The bolt that everyone cranks about on the brake line really isn't that big of a pain if you take your time.

Those look great.

And not only is it easier to get places but a lot better for the trails as you're not spinning needlessly tearing then up .. so don't be shy and use them! 😋
We have very steep, caliche (slippery type of dirt that comes from lime stone) hills in the Texas Hill Country. Trying to climb one of these super steep hills without lockers is an excellent way to roll your truck. I watched a guy climb one of these hills in front of me with a brand new "full-time 4 wheel drive" pickup truck without lockers. He bounced and slipped so badly on the rocks that his truck almost turned sideways. If he had, he would have rolled. The hill was that steep. After he made it to the top, I 3x locked my truck and climbed the hill without bouncing or slipping once. My passenger was stunned after watching the pickup. Lockers make that much difference. They are NOT just for mud! I had almost rolled my rig on this very hill a few years before I got lockers. The guy in the truck thanked me profusely for the warning I gave him ahead of time. He now has lockers too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom