What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I decided to rotate the spare in. It’s been under the truck for 3 years, and the rim wasn’t painted with plastidip like the others…now apparently I need to clean up the others, but not bad for 3 years and 60k miles.

AA0A2E72-C16C-4833-8144-EC5DBDC051BA.jpeg

I finished shampooing the 2nd row and cargo floor mats. They look pretty good for 19 year old carpets and the quality of Land Cruiser carpet in 04 vs 4Runner carpet in 05 is crazy, of course, the Land Cruiser was over twice as much!

Hopefully get a new muffler this week…

E0FBDB74-C868-4593-961C-F9E6F75262DF.jpeg

Replaced steering rack, cv axles, tie-rod ends, sway bar bushings, radiator, fan clutch & oil/filter change. It actually took me two weeks to complete this cause was working on the truck a little at a time & was trying to work out some glitches installing the steering rack. Should get it aligned this coming week…

My girls thought we were going to the mall and played it like I got lost but ended up seeing wildlife.
07AA6697-C6F4-4D51-8C3A-402FB327E8DD.jpeg

What prepping up our cruisers is all about, the freedom and confidence it gives you because you know she’ll bring you all home safe regardless if it’s the store or out in the wild.

Pad "slap" on the front and rear with OEM Pads because i couldn't make up my mind on anything other than OEM. Pulled out PO's Akebono ACT pads because of perceived high wear and a squeak at a full stop. Had run the Akebono pads for 35-40k during my ownership. Multiple 20 hour continuous drives on them. No complaints on any aggressive braking during those long trips. Towed a 3-4k loaded up uhaul trailer 4 times with no complaints.

Rusted front driver caliper pins made this job take longer than expected (pic below). Used the oem equivalent Rock Auto disc brake hardware kits front and rear. No chance on reusing the oem hardware in front for me. Plus the Akebono didn't not have any shims.

I burnished the the new OEM pads in which was likely unneeded. First 50 miles with oem pads the brake initial bite is slightly sharper than Akebono but i thought they were the same compound. Not sure if that subjective feel will last as the pads bed further.

9006F710-9706-40F1-81A3-3BD69FABD040.jpeg

My girls thought we were going to the mall and played it like I got lost but ended up seeing wildlife.View attachment 3265501
What prepping up our cruisers is all about, the freedom and confidence it gives you because you know she’ll bring you all home safe regardless if it’s the store or out in the wild.
Your truck looks sharp! I especially like the DRLs under main headlight!

Weekend project was removing my OEM roof rack so I can drop in my PRINSU when it comes in...first step to putting on my new Rack and Sliders. It went smooth, took me about 20 minutes. Popped off covers, unscrewed bolts holding it to truck, carefully lift it up and off my truck. You never know if the 24 year old bolts are rusted, etc...but everything went smoothly.

My truck is stock height, 18" 200 series wheels, 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grappler tires.

On their way:
PRINSU Roof Rack (should be delivered today, will install ASAP)
WKOR Sliders (ordered last week, probably won't get here or install until April)

Tough to find stock height pictures with these two mods, so I'll post mine as I go along lol

LandCruiser Garage wRack 030623.jpg

LandCruiser Garage woRack 030623.jpg

LandCruiser Night RackOff 030623.jpg

LandCruiser RackOff 030623.jpg

LandCruiser RackBoltsCovers 030623.jpg

Added a little lighting. I upgraded my Baja Designs s2 sport fogs to Diode Dynamics Ssc2 fogs, and added a light bar (CoLight 25” slim). It seems that, along with everything else being less impressive with age, my eyesight is not what it once was, especially at night. Hopefully this will help, at least when I’m not worried about blinding oncoming drivers. Once our weather settles down a bit I’ll pull the 4x4Labs bumper off, have it blasted, and repaint. Tired of the old girl looking neglected.

0844DE92-1E89-46A8-9148-6DC73E914677.jpeg

808252F3-FAA0-4BE6-BD2A-C2BFBE50F211.jpeg

52CBD026-14C3-4081-BBBE-951E8D542AB4.jpeg

8C5AF421-66EB-46A6-9687-FDD33D92A3B7.jpeg

Today I finally removed the last excuse I have for not scratching the paintwork - road tires.

From -

20230307_085831-01.jpeg

To -

20230307_124353-01.jpeg

MAXXIS AT811 on ROH Blak Trak steel rims.
Factory size - 275/65/17 - no real need for a larger size and the pros outweigh the cons. I'm seeking reliability.

With this one change, the truck is now seriously ready to explore the New Zealand wilderness with confidence.
Its city life is over. It's time to be all it can be. It's time to explore.
:)

Huh. I asked about that option multiple times and the answer was always a hard no 😐
Maybe they've been asked so many times they've changed their mind.🤷‍♀️

With the 2.5x increase in aluminum scrap value per # you just spurred the interest for most scandalous crackheads.... Its a two for one offering for them now.

GL

J
It would take these idiots hours longer than a tweaker's span of attention to get these. My truck is never alone long enuf.🧟‍♂️😄

Spent Sunday installing new rotors and brake pads on the front. Went with OEM on everything. This was my first brake job and it went fairly smooth with help from a buddy and a couple beers. No more pulsating and squeaking brakes when coming to a stop! Went ahead and cleaned out the hubs and bearings and repacked everything with some fresh grease while I was in there. Bearings were in great shape. Also re-clamped the driver side inner boot while everything was out of the way with a McMaster clamp since it was starting to throw a small amount of grease.
new discs.jpeg

In other news, got some goodies from Valleytech headed my way this morning!
bumper package.jpeg

Spent Sunday installing new rotors and brake pads on the front. Went with OEM on everything. This was my first brake job and it went fairly smooth with help from a buddy and a couple beers. No more pulsating and squeaking brakes when coming to a stop! Went ahead and cleaned out the hubs and bearings and repacked everything with some fresh grease while I was in there. Bearings were in great shape. Also re-clamped the driver side inner boot while everything was out of the way with a McMaster clamp since it was starting to throw a small amount of grease.
View attachment 3267388

In other news, got some goodies from Valleytech headed my way this morning!View attachment 3267391
Awesome on the Valley Tech! Just ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. Garrett is such an awesome guy to work with. What options did you go with? Also, what was your lead time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom