Wheels that work, part numbers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When adding .25” spacers to the front or any size spacer, do you need to do the same to the rear?
I’ve got .25 inch spacers on the front and rear of mine right now. Honestly .25 is so little you might not even notice a difference.

- 42601-60262-03

- 16 x 7JJ

- NON-USA 70 Series Wagon Wheels

- i installed OEM LUG NUTS 90942-01021 ( SUPER THICK JDM CHROME ! )

74DFF8F8-3956-4183-A658-5076E7C679F5.jpeg
FE3E377E-3D55-4F57-9102-ED8A1762CDDB.jpeg
8D017AB4-AA70-41E9-A5F3-0E4477A80A41.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome looking Matt! How are those different than 90942-01104.....i came up with that number looking at the FJ C 17" steel wheels....but not sure if that is correct for Chrome?

First post! I browsed this thread for weeks trying to figure out what wheel/tire combo I wanted for my '82 and it worked out nicely, so I'll contribute what combo worked for me:

1982 FJ60 - 2.5" OME (heavy fr/medium rr). The stock springs were so worn out it actually lifted the rear about 5"!

Tires - BFG T/A KO2 32x11.50R15
Wheels - Pro Comp 51 series 15x8, 6 on 5.5, Flat Black - PN 51-5883F

After installing the lift, the rears mounted up just fine. The fronts were too close for comfort to the tie rod ends, and the spokes were rubbing ever so slightly on the brake calipers, so I got some 1/4" wheel spacers from the local Auto Zone. They spaced them out great and still left enough wheel stud to get full engagement with the lug nuts.

I love the look, and ride quality has improved tenfold with the new suspension and tires. The only downside is the rust on the rear quarters and hideous two tone from the previous owner is now closer to eye level, so that's next on the list!

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

Hello there,
Truck looks pretty good to me. I also have an 82 with the OEM Heavy lift. The stance and ride with the OEM lift is so worth the investment. It rides smooth and on long rides my family always falls asleep. Living in Connecticut your truck’s rust is not too bad at all. If it’s too nice then you won’t want to wheel it. Good luck with your investment.

Awesome looking Matt! How are those different than 90942-01104.....i came up with that number looking at the FJ C 17" steel wheels....but not sure if that is correct for Chrome?

here are the part # you posted Hunter

bevel to top of HEX is same ,

its the ACHORN cap that has a different profile

not sure about the chrome topic

you should order qty x 1 from dealer first to see sample before u buy a full set thats what i did ,

i had a NOS one in a selaed parts bag , thats how i knew , but toyota has changed plating cosmetics and NOT supersceded parts #'s before too ..........fyi

1669944398953.png

1669944677646.png

Is there a 17" wheel that looks like the stock 60 wheels?
I know this was asked a while back, but since I've been looking for the same thing, I figured I would post what I found. This is the closest I have seen to a stock appearing wheel in a 17" size. I wish they had it available polished, but maybe the bronze color won't look too out of place. I need a 17" wheel because I'm wanting to to the FROR Tacoma brake mod with the 17+ Tacoma brakes that require a 17" wheel. What I'm concerned about is if the 4.75" back spacing is enough to keep the wheel and tire under the fender. I've scrolled through every picture on this thread and it looks like it will be close, but may stick out a tad past the fender. Anyway, here's the wheel I found. It's made by a company called fifteen52. It's their Patrol HD wheel, 17x8.5 with 4.75" backspace.

cig-cozy-gallery-3215PoN-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Wheels-hd.jpg

test fit the 17x8.5 -10mm offset 4.30 backspace wheels today.

No spacers. Clear the TRE with a lot of space.

9F8n5HKl.jpg

Wheel straight, no spacer, good on TRE and Relay rod.

No spacer wheel full lock BARELY clear the relay rod at full left lock

qC2Fycvl.jpg

f37L9iPl.jpg

MHKZNpjl.jpg

.25 Inch spacers. a little more wiggle room on the relay rod.

5igCtonl.jpg

Putting the tires on saturday, going to see if everything works out

I know this was asked a while back, but since I've been looking for the same thing, I figured I would post what I found. This is the closest I have seen to a stock appearing wheel in a 17" size. I wish they had it available polished, but maybe the bronze color won't look too out of place. I need a 17" wheel because I'm wanting to to the FROR Tacoma brake mod with the 17+ Tacoma brakes that require a 17" wheel. What I'm concerned about is if the 4.75" back spacing is enough to keep the wheel and tire under the fender. I've scrolled through every picture on this thread and it looks like it will be close, but may stick out a tad past the fender. Anyway, here's the wheel I found. It's made by a company called fifteen52. It's their Patrol HD wheel, 17x8.5 with 4.75" backspace.

cig-cozy-gallery-3215PoN-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Wheels-hd.jpg
Good find! Those look damn good as an OEM similar option. Even better that their feature vehicle is a badass 70 series.

Although I’m not 100% sold yet on a 17” wheel on these ‘vintage’ trucks, I have 16”s and think it is a perfect balance of size. That 17 could grow on me real quick.

Post up if you pull the trigger on those.

So 17x8.5 -10 (4.30 BS) does fit on our trucks, but you need to run small tires with them. 285/75 17 (34 inch tall) tires will hit your leaf springs. They hit with .25 inch spacers too. Ended up having to run 1.25 inch spacers to clear my leafs at full lock. Hoping to ditch the leafs in the next year or so, so until then spacers it is. I got these to work with 80 series axles. SCS offers a 17x9 -38 (3.5 BS) and that would be much much better for the FJ60 axles to clear the leafs

The wheel/tire combo took surprisingly little weight on all 5. The best thing is I road force balanced them and they came out to 9,9,9,10, and 13. Not too bad.

7TuATRoh.jpg

1cyR0Ath.png

DsWXpUJh.jpg

Yeah but 33.8”x11.2” tires (285/75R17) are gunna rub on a 60 when hard over & flexed no matter what wheel they’re on.
Those wheels look nice.

Yeah but 33.8”x11.2” tires (285/75R17) are gunna rub on a 60 when hard over & flexed no matter what wheel they’re on.
Those wheels look nice.
Yeah you’re definitely right about that. I did so much research and measuring for the wheel, I didn’t even think about the added height of the tires themselves. With the 1.25 inch spacers I clear the leafs pretty well on flat ground in the shop but I need to flex it out to see what all I hit hah

So 17x8.5 -10 (4.30 BS) does fit on our trucks, but you need to run small tires with them. 285/75 17 (34 inch tall) tires will hit your leaf springs. They hit with .25 inch spacers too. Ended up having to run 1.25 inch spacers to clear my leafs at full lock.
Are these pictures you posted with or without the 1.25" spacer? Do you have any pictures from the front looking down the side with the 1.25" spacer? I'm curious to see how far the tires stick out past the fender.

Are these pictures you posted with or without the 1.25" spacer? Do you have any pictures from the front looking down the side with the 1.25" spacer? I'm curious to see how far the tires stick out past the fender.
The mounted on the truck pictures are with the 1.25 spacer. I defintely needed them to clear the tires on the leafs. The -38 offset version of these would get you close without the spacer. About .15 inches inset but it still would work. Top is my setup (-10 offset with 1.25 spacer) and bottom is -38

k1XMOFQl.png

Here is the side view, it would look like this with -10 offset and spacer or -38. Actually -38 would be .15 inch closer in. The front tire sticks out ever so slightly more than the rear but in this pic my wheel is turned a little bit.

2ytOVv8h.jpg

Anyone know the specs of these two sets of rims:

1. ICON FJ62 Method rims.
1678051964131.jpeg

2. Corsetti Cruisers
1678052168010.png

Those 15 x8's would look so great (with 35's) under my 1980 pickup too. Where did you get them?
In 2007(?) I bought some OEM steelies from the dealer and sent them out to a wheel builder in California (can't remember their name but will look it up) and they widened them from 15x5.5 to 15x8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom