What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Me and a group of friends hit hurricane creek in NC this weekend. Water was way up. Ran into “Triad jeep club” coming down hurricane while we were going up from i40. (total of 35 Jeep’s) so our group of yotas had to let them pass. Great weekend with the boys
FC6F2F0B-ED7C-40F9-96D5-FE6A172AD897.jpeg
828D30FE-0EF1-4B5A-9001-2D1296E65740.jpeg
C3603B1C-CE3D-4EAF-BCD3-1B5192D94C4C.jpeg

Lost the keys to my 97 lx450 since it hasn’t moved in over a year while I did the new paint and body.
I had a locksmith come out and make me two new keys. Took him around 30 min and now I have two new keys. $450 was what I paid and to me it was totally worth it.

Lost the keys to my 97 lx450 since it hasn’t moved in over a year while I did the new paint and body.
I had a locksmith come out and make me two new keys. Took him around 30 min and now I have two new keys. $450 was what I paid and to me it was totally worth it.

The dealer couldnt do it?

The dealer couldnt do it?
Can’t get to the dealer without keys.

This dude was cool as hell. Came to the house on a Sunday.

Can’t beat that.

No the keys are not Lexus or Toyota but I don’t care.

I can use my truck now and that is the important part. I also finally have a spare which I never had before.

Got my truck back today after having 4.88 gears, Eaton E-Lockers, Slee AC drier skid plate, WKOF Transmission/Transfer Case Skid Plate, and a new knock sensor installed along with removing the PAIR system.
If you have never driven a vehicle with lockers, you are in for a treat. It is truely amazing how easy it makes wheeling! I drove my 80 from 97 to 2010 without lockers. While I got very good at wheeling without lockers, I had to dig out several times. The last time took me over 3 hours to dig out on the first morning of hunting season. I have never been stuck since. I have had a 12,000 lbs warn winch since 2011 and while I have used it many times to pull other people out, never to pull my rig out. Congrats!

New to the LC family. Bought a 94 non running version that had been used as a ranch vehicle for @11 years. So not much mileage but not a lot of maintenance. Brought it home between Christmas and New Years. After having fuel tank refurbished, new fuel pump assembly, new fuel filter, with friends and family help, blood sweat, cursing, beverages I am proud to say that “Elsie 1” started and ran on Sunday.
Really glad to have this forum and YouTube as a resource along with vendors like wits end and Toyota online parts sellers who sell parts for a 29 year old vehicle. It has just over 211K miles.
Changing oil, oil filter, and flushing radiator this coming weekend. Sourcing all manner of hoses next to replace the older non flexible ones she has currently.
Lots of work left but excited for the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom