What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm really interested to hear your feedback. I have EBC on my sequoia and they are good, but definitely dusty.
Have clocked approximately 100 miles now on the new OEM front pads with the same driving habits and the overall feel is the same as EBC Green stuff however the front wheels are still clean. At 100 miles, my previous EBC Green Stuff have a significant and evident amount of brake dust on the wheels at this point like you went wheeling in the desert. Couldn’t be happier.

Threw on some used metal tech sliders, installed a full length Raingler interior cargo net, and today experienced the infamous no start today due to the EFI fuse melting and not properly popping.😅 oh and I shredded two tires at once on the passenger side not paying close enough attention on a trail. I guess this was over the past two weeks rather than “this week”

E6B892ED-CB53-4CCF-BE6D-8FBDC24BD254.jpeg

8ADBA412-43A1-4EC4-961D-FDDC78760EB2.jpeg

D62F2789-541D-41E3-A8AE-DE1D5DC9EA4D.jpeg

3E3B2878-8528-4BCD-AE37-E2A98E575CA6.jpeg

3DE5D284-4B03-453B-87CC-B909DE5079DF.jpeg

90EE880F-DD3F-4D14-9986-99E66FEC49F7.jpeg

E6703310-B55B-49C9-ABFA-93E1092E1D42.jpeg

CF47F4FA-7789-4A22-812A-317EF51A9FC7.jpeg

ED4C1E93-F07A-4719-A0E7-12E1CD4BAF2B.jpeg

Threw on some used metal tech sliders, installed a full length Raingler interior cargo net, and today experienced the infamous no start today due to the EFI fuse melting and not properly popping.😅 oh and I shredded two tires at once on the passenger side not paying close enough attention on a trail. I guess this was over the past two weeks rather than “this week”

View attachment 3262008

View attachment 3262009

View attachment 3262010

View attachment 3262011

View attachment 3262012

View attachment 3262013

View attachment 3262014

View attachment 3262015

View attachment 3262016
Nice!

My mechanic and I bought this one from my landlord at the shop. By the time I told a few people we had already sold it and will be adding Trail Tailor armor and a rack for them.

2000 LX470 with 110,000 on the ticker, one owner- 70 year old woman with all the documentation.

NICE PUPPIES!!! No.... not really!!

Jason

PXL_20230301_204458747.jpg
699310677.jpg
imagejpeg_0 (21).jpg
IMG_7633.jpg

Good lord what a find.

Her husband has been trying to sell it to me for 4 years. She refused to sell it and didn't want a new car. She passed away last month. So, he brought it to the shop and said it was mine if I still wanted it.

YEAH!!!!!!

J

Living in California I really wanted to get some catalytic converter protection but the cost of shipping a Slee Offroad cat skid plate from UT, nixed that solution. I chatted online with Dissent Offroad here in Norcal to see if they would just sell the section of their 100 series skid plate system that protected the Cats and they said they would! I ordered it through Stellar Built and they installed it yesterday!!$800 out the door, worth it here!!🙌 No more Cat theft anxiety!🚫🧟‍♂️🤺🐱🐱👮‍♂️#stellarbuilt #dissentoffroad LC100 Skid Plates - https://dissentoffroad.com/products/lc100-skid-plates

20230302_115352.jpg

20230302_102749.jpg

Living in California I really wanted to get some catalytic converter protection but the cost of shipping a Slee Offroad cat skid plate from UT, nixed that solution. I chatted online with Dissent Offroad here in Norcal to see if they would just sell the section of their 100 series skid plate system that protected the Cats and they said they would! I ordered it through Stellar Built and they installed it yesterday!!$800 out the door, worth it here!!🙌 No more Cat theft anxiety!🚫🧟‍♂️🤺🐱🐱👮‍♂️#stellarbuilt #dissentoffroad LC100 Skid Plates - https://dissentoffroad.com/products/lc100-skid-plates

View attachment 3262984

View attachment 3262985

Huh. I asked about that option multiple times and the answer was always a hard no 😐

View attachment 3262984

View attachment 3262985

With the 2.5x increase in aluminum scrap value per # you just spurred the interest for most scandalous crackheads.... Its a two for one offering for them now.

GL

J

Replaced the 3rd brake light and eliminated the absolute gusher of water that came in during every rain or car wash. A couple of thoughts/tips:

* Do not follow the butyl tape advice advanced by others on this forum. Just get the OEM replacement light. Either your future self or a future LC enthusiast will thank you.
* When you remove the original light there's going to be a ton of adhesive stuck to the body. Patience, Goof Off, and plastic trim removal tools (as scrapers) are your friends. It seems unlikely, but you *can* remove all this gunk for a clean install.

Dack

Replaced the 3rd brake light and eliminated the absolute gusher of water that came in during every rain or car wash. A couple of thoughts/tips:

* Do not follow the butyl tape advice advanced by others on this forum. Just get the OEM replacement light. Either your future self or a future LC enthusiast will thank you.
* When you remove the original light there's going to be a ton of adhesive stuck to the body. Patience, Goof Off, and plastic trim removal tools (as scrapers) are your friends. It seems unlikely, but you *can* remove all this gunk for a clean install.

Dack

What's your reasoning for not liking the butyl tape that most use to reseal the fixture?

Does it work with the left side buttons and does it do the hvac also? I’ve been looking at the Tesla screens but just seem too big for my taste.
Everything factory still works, and you control it all the normal way! Only when you use apple car play, or android auto, you press the cd button twice, and that switches over to the Grom! But, if you click back on the factory buttons, it switches back to factory settings and you can use hvac, radio, and vehicle stats like you would originally do!

Everything factory still works, and you control it all the normal way! Only when you use apple car play, or android auto, you press the cd button twice, and that switches over to the Grom! But, if you click back on the factory buttons, it switches back to factory settings and you can use hvac, radio, and vehicle stats like you would originally do!
That’s awesome! I did some searching but didn’t see that. I guess I know what I want for my birthday!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom