Add Heated Steering Wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone added a heated wheel to a 2008-13 200? Possible? Been chilly here in Denver and was thinking that would be a great addition.

My ‘13 came with it. I didn’t realize it wasn’t on the ‘08-‘11 models. Not gonna lie, it heats up quick and I use it daily. Be advised it does not heat up the wood portion, just the plastic lower half of the wheel.

I was wondering about this as well. It gets even chillier up here in Canada :D

Quick Google search, I came across this post in ClubLexus, this guy swapped the steering wheel with a 2016+ and claimed "all buttons" work. Not sure about the heating feature. I'd assume there is an additional wire to power up the heating element, but can't confirm without seeing them side by side.

On a side note you have to wonder why it's not standard on the LC/LX. It's like a $150 option on the LX. When you are dropping north of $80K on a truck why can't Toyota just throw in the heated steering wheel? Why nickel and dime for $150?

I was wondering about this as well. It gets even chillier up here in Canada :D

Quick Google search, I came across this post in ClubLexus, this guy swapped the steering wheel with a 2016+ and claimed "all buttons" work. Not sure about the heating feature. I'd assume there is an additional wire to power up the heating element, but can't confirm without seeing them side by side.

There has to be more to it than this. Ive seen a switch to the side of the steering column. It can't be as simple as just swapping wheels. I was hoping someone had done it. I could figure it out if I had the wiring diagrams for both 08-11 and 13-15. Hmmmm

I'd be willing to bet it's as simple as swapping wheels and adding the button if there is one.

Does anyone know if there's a full leather wheel available in any other market? would love to get rid of the fake wood and have full heated leather

Has anyone been able to successfully upgrade to a newer heated steering wheel in a 2008-2011?

Has anyone been able to successfully upgrade to a newer heated steering wheel in a 2008-2011?
Bump. It doesn't look like it.

I also have read that it only heats the lower leather portion of the wheel. The upper half that is all wood doesn't heat up.

Still, would love to retrofit if possible.

I also have read that it only heats the lower leather portion of the wheel. The upper half that is all wood doesn't heat up.
This is true.

Someone needs to perfect a steering cover that can be heated. Come on boys burn that midnight oil.

It *sounds* like the heated steering wheel, clockspring, and switch are needed to retrofit. If someone has a good eye for wiring diagrams, it could help determine if a wiring harness can be sourced or it is more involved (de-pinning / custom harness). Coming from the colder part of the continent, this is one of the few things I’d love to upgrade on the 08-11 model.

I’d also be curious what differentiates the 13-15 cooled seats from earlier models, ex. A fan upgrade that could be retrofitted?

It *sounds* like the heated steering wheel, clockspring, and switch are needed to retrofit. If someone has a good eye for wiring diagrams, it could help determine if a wiring harness can be sourced or it is more involved (de-pinning / custom harness). Coming from the colder part of the continent, this is one of the few things I’d love to upgrade on the 08-11 model.

I’d also be curious what differentiates the 13-15 cooled seats from earlier models, ex. A fan upgrade that could be retrofitted?
Now that I have it, it's a really nice thing to have. I use it quite a bit. Be aware that there is a timer circuit that runs it, you push a button on the dash to turn it on, but it does shut off after awhile, maybe 10-15 minutes.

The ventilated (not cooled) seats have perforated leather on the seating surfaces.

Now that I have it, it's a really nice thing to have. I use it quite a bit. Be aware that there is a timer circuit that runs it, you push a button on the dash to turn it on, but it does shut off after awhile, maybe 10-15 minutes.

The ventilated (not cooled) seats have perforated leather on the seating surfaces.
Yea the 08-11 have perforated leather as well but threads on here have said 13+ seats have better ventilation. It makes me think there might be a stronger motor/fan used on those seats.

Yea the 08-11 have perforated leather as well but threads on here have said 13+ seats have better ventilation. It makes me think there might be a stronger motor/fan used on those seats.
I think this is an LX vs LC thing? I had an '11 LC prior to my current '15 LC and the seats weren't perforated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom