What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! Glad to hear that you made the trip. We have plans of heading out there but wasn't sure the conditions of the roads and trails. Where did you stay and which way did you come in/out?
I stayed at Texas Spring Campground in Furnace Creek, we were greeted by Mid 70's temps early on Sunday and they went down quickly. We headed home a little earlier than planned on Thursday morning to avoid the storm that rolled in. I took 5 South to 58, 14, to 190. Basically the reverse coming out with a detour through Darwin for fun. Tehachapi Peak was closed for a few hours and reopened just before I passed through late Thursday night. Most of the trails were open save for a few that were still washed out from previous storms, namely Titus Canyon.

I guess I can just get new ones from seatbelt planet then from 89-90?
Dont quote me on it, but im assuming so. Youll have to cut a hole in your metal body panel to get them to work anyways so i think it shouldnt matter much. The trim from the 62 goes in very easily too

Prepping for the Relic Run here in NC. CB radio mounted with TT antenna mount and installed 70 series sideviews. The mirrors are a serious upgrade over stock.

PXL_20230301_134120136.jpg

PXL_20230301_134151040.jpg

Prepping for the Relic Run here in NC. CB radio mounted with TT antenna mount and installed 70 series sideviews. The mirrors are a serious upgrade over stock.

View attachment 3261323

View attachment 3261324
Is that the Cruiser Crap console? I have the same one and have been thinking about adding something to the cup holders to quiet them when I have my coffee mug in there. What material is that? both on the bottom and around the rings?

Is that the Cruiser Crap console? I have the same one and have been thinking about adding something to the cup holders to quiet them when I have my coffee mug in there. What material is that? both on the bottom and around the rings?
Yep, I love it. I used this rubber u-channel from Amazon around the edges and then just cut a bit of toolbox liner for all the horizontal surfaces.inside and put. The toolbox liner does not stay in place 100% in the cup holders, but works great everywhere else.

Rubber U Channel Edge Trim, Fits 1/16 inch Edge (1.6mm), Length 3 Feet (1 Meter) https://a.co/d/cp09SmN

Earlier this week we evacuated the A/C on my 60 in preparation of pulling out the 3FE. It had 0.2 lbs of Freon in it. We recharged it back in September or October and put 2 lbs in it. No dye was on the lines or condenser, which leads us to believe that there may be a leak in the evaporator core. I went and pulled one out of the parts stash today.
2DC0ADA3-507C-4507-BC57-9D851CA59357.jpeg
FC1DA454-8533-4CC5-B8B0-25BD39D235A1.jpeg

This one will be cleaned and installed when we rip the 60 apart.

Dove into the parts stash this afternoon with @cruiserinsanity. We pulled out about 1/2 of the accumulation, reorganized, tossed stuff (such as a huge pile of old brake shoes), consolidated, and set aside parts boxes for upcoming work in a 40 and 60. Parts stash includes items from '81, '84, '88 (x2) 60 series and miscellaneous 40 and 80 stuff.

IMG_9515.jpg

not much but replaced my front calipers on the ol’ Fj62…

Calipers were original I guess they were on there!! Lots of patience and prayer got me through it.. I can not confidently brake without swerving.. lol..

Tomorrow window channel runs!! That is gonna be a mission.. any tips??

Having 5th gear has made the 60 more fun and modern. Speedo is 10 mph off.

Anyone have the Procar elite seats or similar? No interested in BMW or PT cruiser seats and can’t afford Scheelmans…or is the move to rebuild stock?

C703F90D-794C-4C16-B89D-C5F137F79214.jpeg

B9BFEBE1-6637-45EF-9D1F-79F2F9B7EE55.jpeg

Having 5th gear has made the 60 more fun and modern. Speedo is 10 mph off.

Anyone have the Procar elite seats or similar? No interested in BMW or PT cruiser seats and can’t afford Scheelmans…or is the move to rebuild stock?

View attachment 3264570

View attachment 3264571
I know you say you aren't interested in BMW seats but I grabbed some from a 2004 3-series, did a bunch of wiring, bought the torfab brackets and installed and it's NIGHT and DAY difference... and the seats are heated too! Paid $100 for the seats, $250 for the torfab brackets and besides the fun wiring project, they fit perfectly with the brackets.

I know you say you aren't interested in BMW seats but I grabbed some from a 2004 3-series, did a bunch of wiring, bought the torfab brackets and installed and it's NIGHT and DAY difference... and the seats are heated too! Paid $100 for the seats, $250 for the torfab brackets and besides the fun wiring project, they fit perfectly with the brackets.
Don’t you have to remove the rear heater for the 3-series seats to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom