SOLD FJ40 Front Exhaust Pipe, 1963-1974 F gas engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ISO of a 63-74 FJ40 front exhaust pipe, which seems to be out of stock EVERYONE. Pack it up, send me the weight and dimensions, and I'll send you shipping label. THANK YOU!!

791110_1702_0001.png

ToyotaLandCruiserFJ40-PartsCatalog-Sept1967_Figure_26-1024x731.jpg

I have a 74 and while I do not have one for sale, as I remember it, there were at least two options for that pipe worldwide. One went over the skid plate and one went under the skid plate. A couple of years ago, I ordered the pipe you are looking from from SOR (I think) and they shipped the pipe that went over the skid plate. The pipe had a Toyota number on it so I looked it up and found that is was OEM for a foreign market. I later found a good under the skid plate oem pipe that I put on my truck as I thought it was oem for the US. I would be willing to take that pipe to a good local shop and have it duplicated for you (I want to keep it) if that would assist you at all. I could also trace it on a big piece of paper, scan it and email it to you as a pdf. Anyway, I could be wrong about the original fitment I have but definately have two oem pipes, one that goes over and one that goes under the skid plate.

I am considering selling one of my NOS ones. I would like to sell it as part of a larger purchase. Need anything else?

I am considering selling one of my NOS ones. I would like to sell it as part of a larger purchase. Need anything else?
Not really -- this one of my remaining puzzle pieces. Shoot me a price that might entice you to sell the pipe. I'd really appreciate it!!

I have a few on the shelf but not for sale , are they not selling them anymore ? I know the dealer had them in stock a few years back.

Id try our friends overseas, with the exchange rate it’s not bad buying stuff and having it shipped.

I have a few on the shelf but not for sale , are they not selling them anymore ? I know the dealer had them in stock a few years back.

Id try our friends overseas, with the exchange rate it’s not bad buying stuff and having it shipped.
I’ve tried directly from resellers in Japan, Dubai, etc. Nothing.

SOR says they haven't seen them being sold in over a year.

Would really make life easier if you’d be willing to part with one pipe for me 😀

Last edited:
I’ve tried directly from resellers in Japan, Dubai, etc. Nothing.

SOR says they haven't seen them being sold in over a year.

Would really make life easier if you’d be willing to part with one pipe for me 😀

The stand alone slip flange is a unique part you must use , in addition to the front pipe having a profile at the manifold side too

i HAVE never seen offered up in a aftermarket Varity in any way .?

@65swb45 has the NOS set up going on , you should seriously consider this ....
matt..

1677819809804.jpeg

The stand alone slip flange is a unique part you must use , in addition to the front pipe having a profile at the manifold side too

i HAVE never seen offered up in a aftermarket Varity in any way .?

@65swb45 has the NOS set up going on , you should seriously consider this ....
matt..

View attachment 3262743
I’ve got the flange and everything else, but the front pipe. Would love it if @65swb45 would sell the NOS to me.

Someone with a good pipe should repop these or lend to someone who will reproduce them.... :idea:💡

(can ya tell I need one, too? ;) )

I’ve got the flange and everything else, but the front pipe. Would love it if @65swb45 would sell the NOS to me.

you have ecocity what flange and from were did you acquire it

is it new or pre-owned ?

below is a all OEM parts 1972 FJ40 complete system images for technical reference

dsc00017s-jpg.626239

dsc00016s-jpg.626238

0A8312DF-D700-49D2-A770-1914B1B6B643.jpeg

Mark, I had hit you up last year as well but you said you were holding on for a package (manifolds). I would love one as well.

Mark, I had hit you up last year as well but you said you were holding on for a package (manifolds). I would love one as well.
You are correct. I explained to FJ that I have no real intention of selling the pipes by themselves. My business model remains what it has always been.

FYI @ukboneman, I found the front pipe IN STOCK at a 4x4 shop in a small French town (link below). The challenge is, they won't ship to the US, so I'm having it shipped to family in Germany and then I''lll have them ship it to me. The shop confirmed availability and provided dimensions and weight upon request, and they shipped it out the same day. Good luck to you and others!

thanks. I saw that online. It is an aftermarket part and I saw that they would not ship to the US. Did you talk with them at all? Let me know how it works out. I have some european contacts as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom