What's a RHD (not an HZJ72) worth? Already imported (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm told that pictures will be forthcoming. Stay tuned.

0702F256-AA09-4CA2-974C-5333867D6E11.gif

I haven't seen it in years, but it is running, driving, titled and plated. I have to think it's worth a good bit more than $500. But, it was a nice try.

$600 then.

Cheers

This is what I believe is an LJ72 . A mid wheel base body joined to a light duty 70 series front.
Mainly seem to pop up in eastern Europe.
It has front and rear coils in case you were wondering.

31927136902_478f74977b_b.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I believe is an LJ72 . A mid wheel base body joined to a light duty 70 series front.
Mainly seem to pop up in eastern Europe.
It has front and rear coils in case you were wondering.

31927136902_478f74977b_b.jpg
That is a LJ73 (2LT) , as stated earlier the LJ72 had the 3L engine . There are probably some parts of Europe that got 3L's but not in central Europe

Pictures finally.

image2.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image10.jpeg

more

image12.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image11.jpeg

So far none underneath or under the hood. It's rougher than when I last saw it.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

@LukeZero thats a BJ73. So full leaf spring, HD Land Cruiser.

Stickers on the back indicate JDM market usually. so Probabaly a 24V 3B.

My guess, 85-89 BJ73

I’ve seen a lot worse for rust, big again haven’t seen underneath or under the hood. Depending on price could be a good score

JDM BJ73 for sure. LOTS of rust showing in the quarters. That's the tip of the iceberg. Hard pass.

JDM BJ73 for sure. LOTS of rust showing in the quarters. That's the tip of the iceberg. Hard pass.
yeah... this one would be a project. And we still do not know maintenance history (it was somewhat indicated the owner was not really putting much into it) or mileage on the drive train, either. It will at least require front fenders, windshield frame, rockers and rear quarters, and that is just from the pics....

yeah... this one would be a project. And we still do not know maintenance history (it was somewhat indicated the owner was not really putting much into it) or mileage on the drive train, either. It will at least require front fenders, windshield frame, rockers and rear quarters, and that is just from the pics....
All those parts are available and maybe a good project for the DIY guy that is on a budget to get in to 70 series ownership

The rear jump seats are rare to see except for south american cruisers , looking at the condition of the driver seat I estimate 250-300k km on the odo , pretty much just broken in for the 3B and H55 .

All those parts are available and maybe a good project for the DIY guy that is on a budget to get in to 70 series ownership

The rear jump seats are rare to see except for south american cruisers , looking at the condition of the driver seat I estimate 250-300k km on the odo , pretty much just broken in for the 3B and H55 .
I appreciate your optimism! What you say is true - as long as basic maintenance was done. This would be a good project for my son (he wants to be an automotive engineer).

$450! 😜 (because now I know it is all the way across the continent)

I appreciate your optimism! What you say is true - as long as basic maintenance was done. This would be a good project for my son (he wants to be an automotive engineer).

$450! 😜 (because now I know it is all the way across the continent)
It's located in Northern Indiana. It still appears to have an old Maine plate on it for some reason. Only 1/2 way across the continent

more pics

image12.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

even more

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image9.jpeg

1980 Toyota BJ73 RHD Land Cruiser.
VIN # BJ730003899
Rear folding jump seats with lap belts for 4
Rhino/raptor line the inner floors (water, scratch, sound & rust proof floors)
It was recently serviced (02/09/23)- Two new batteries were installed and battery terminal, new clutch slave cylinder installed.

image10.jpeg

image11.jpeg

1980 Toyota BJ73 RHD Land Cruiser.
VIN # BJ730003899
Rear folding jump seats with lap belts for 4
Rhino/raptor line the inner floors (water, scratch, sound & rust proof floors)
It was recently serviced (02/09/23)- Two new batteries were installed and battery terminal, new clutch slave cylinder installed.

View attachment 3261339

View attachment 3261340

Toyodiy says that’s a 01/88 BJ73.

Again, it’s all dependent on price. Sure it’s a little crusty but if the price is pretty good, it’s worth getting. If you want to restore one, I would skip it, but if you want a cheap (hopefully) 70 series to wheel or bomb around in.
Heck for the drivetrain, there’s people always looking for 3Bs and such.

Wheeler. Chop it up, 37’s and hammer the f*** out of it.
Since most of my familiarity is with FJ40s and 45s, he's really needing some guidance about what a fair price would be. That's how I started this thread oh so many months ago. It is rougher than when I last saw it. I was imagining it might be worth something between $10-$15K, but that seems optimistic given the current rusty condition. I may suggest that something closer to the $7500-$10K range is fair both to him and to a buyer. Anyone care to weigh in with guidance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom