CO Scheelman seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I’m looking for someone in the Denver/northern Colorado area who has Scheelman seats in their 100 that would let me come check them out in person if possible. They’re not inexpensive so I’d like to see and try them in person first if someone is hip to let me.

Thank you in advance.

Just put a Vario XXL in my 2003 LC last week. Much better than the stock seat for my 6'1" frame. The missus likes it too.

Just need to figure out how to deal with airbag and seatbelt lights. I got a donor seat wiring harness off of eBay, plugged everything in, used a "Brad's Hacks" dongle for the airbag, tried to clear the codes with a SnapOn Solus scanner, but the lights are still on. If I can solve that, I will order one for the passenger side.

Note that they take up more space aftwards, so you have less foot room for people sitting behind.

I can’t imagine why you’d want to sit in them, before dropping $4k-6k on seats…

I’d love to see (and sit in) some in the Houston/Austin/San Antonio area, but with my bad back, and the wonderful reviews, I’m afraid that if I tried them, I’d have to buy them.

Just put a Vario XXL in my 2003 LC last week. Much better than the stock seat for my 6'1" frame. The missus likes it too.

Just need to figure out how to deal with airbag and seatbelt lights. I got a donor seat wiring harness off of eBay, plugged everything in, used a "Brad's Hacks" dongle for the airbag, tried to clear the codes with a SnapOn Solus scanner, but the lights are still on. If I can solve that, I will order one for the passenger side.

Note that they take up more space aftwards, so you have less foot room for people sitting behind.
Wow. I didn’t even consider all of the electrical stuff that would need addressed. Very good points.

I can’t imagine why you’d want to sit in them, before dropping $4k-6k on seats…

I’d love to see (and sit in) some in the Houston/Austin/San Antonio area, but with my bad back, and the wonderful reviews, I’m afraid that if I tried them, I’d have to buy them.
The bad back is exactly why I’m considering them. Road trips are murder for both me and my wife. I understand these are extremely gentle for those with bad backs, especially on long road trips.

And yes, expensive outlay for excellent results.

The bad back is exactly why I’m considering them. Road trips are murder for both me and my wife. I understand these are extremely gentle for those with bad backs, especially on long road trips.

And yes, expensive outlay for excellent results.

For me at least, they’re still “allegedly excellent results”…

I’d want verified excellent results, before committing my checkbook.

It probably doesn’t make much sense, but if I were to buy a pair, I’d probably put them in our old 99 LX, that the seats cost about what I originally paid for the vehicle (of course I’ve probably got 2-3x what I originally paid, in refurbishing the old beast).

It appears that the Scheelmann seats are all manual adjustment ☹️. While I’d probably like minor manual adjustments on a road trip, I think I’d miss the seat presets, when I switch off driving duties with my son (~5” shorter, probably due to defective genes from his mom 😂 ).

Last edited:
I can say, my sciatica is much reduced after installing these. I have only had the seat in the truck for ten days. I just drove a 900 mile round trip last week and there was a very big and noticeable difference. But, everyone is different and has different issues.

Before I bought mine (I just have the one, driver's side, currently) I did a long search and read people's reviews and saw their videos. I couldn't find any negative reviews. Toby is the U.S. distributor and he basically guaranteed them.

Do a search and you will find videos of people all over the globe putting them in FJ's, Sprinter vans, trucks, Defenders, G Wagens, Porsches etc and all are happy.

This company was a direct competitor with Recaro back in the 60's and 70's, and they were in regularly in race cars. Their vintage seat are very sought after. Recaro went one way, and Scheel-Mann a different direction.

They are a high quality product.

There is an electric model, but that would be special order as I understand it.

For all the money I have spend dealing with sciatica, this really isn't that expensive. If you are not uncomfortable with factory seats, it is a difficult argument.

I have to get the airbag and seatbelt light issues sorted or the missus will be very upset about the airbags potentially being defeated. Safety is first. Once that is figured out, I will be ordering more seats soon.

Do you get more legroom with the vario xxl for the driver side
I don’t think you necessarily get more legroom with that model over other Scheelmann seats. You do end up with more legroom than stock though. I have had several sets in difference trucks over the years and now have a set in my 2000 100 series. No dash lights to worry with on the early years.

I didn’t realize there was a more comfortable seat in the world than the stock 100 seats. Man.. I haven’t cruised the Interwebs enough

I didn’t realize there was a more comfortable seat in the world than the stock 100 seats. Man.. I haven’t cruised the Interwebs enough
These are a set I had custom made for a different truck. I ordered some Planted bases for the 100 series and stuffed them in. The seats are really comfortable - just not very economical as others have pointed out.

169642B9-19F8-4D8E-A6A4-FA1B768722DA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom