Patina Appreciation: Show Us Your Rusty Land Cruiser! (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rev
Don’t know how bad your other green hood is, but I still have this hood…. Would sell it cheap. I’m up north of dallas

996DFB0D-F607-40CE-88F3-79D31DEF6ADA.jpeg

I would think twice about the clear coat. It will fail because of the patina and then it will look horrible and then you will have to ruin the patina to get it off. Use fluid film or LPS-3. Run it on once or twice a year and you’re done.

View attachment 3251787

Not paint clear coat....

Patina wipe on satin clear coat. Completely different.

J

Chillin

E092132E-AE20-4F58-ABC8-B6F86D537B10.jpeg

1E23056E-DE5D-4A64-82D5-B58468F02AAA.jpeg

Thank you, sir.
I’ve got it on my list to get my truck to, one day, a shop that can remedy these holes on the cowl. Some PO made the unfortunate decision to install off road lights on both sides of the cowl. Would like to patina match it (since it’s original paint) or at least limit the paint to just the cowl panel.

36E0AAC3-12AF-4E8D-AE80-B1289FCBE2F4.jpeg

I’ve got it on my list to get my truck to, one day, a shop that can remedy these holes on the cowl. Some PO made the unfortunate decision to install off road lights on both sides of the cowl. Would like to patina match it (since it’s original paint) or at least limit the paint to just the cowl panel.

View attachment 3252779
you could pull the plugs out, cut a couple 16 gauge patches and limit the paint disturbance, just enough to get welds down. Wouldn't be too hard at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom