What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2266.JPG

Removing a tree from the top of my truck, the roof rack saved the day

Yep! Im sure you think its funny! Show me your ass not your 80!
Lol... If you're looking for pictures of ass, this probably isn't the forum.

I’m pretty sure you know what I meant.
Hopefully this will fizzle out soon.
I think I explained myself and I was out of line.
Do you want to stir up some s***?
Dude, i have no idea what you're talking about. You went on a weird tangent rambling about pictures someone posted (that were 80 related), you apologized to everyone but apparently haven't let it go.

Continue to ramble or don't, the choice is yours. It makes no difference to me either way.

Replaced my cracked and leaking (and non-working) front corner lamps. Had to source from Australia (via Aussie eBay) to get the right style in chrome. After market, but good fit and finish, and decent price.

In the process I learned the hard way that the corner lamps for the quad headlamp front end (what I have) and the dual ("Sahara" style) headlamp front end are NOT the same, lol. I initially bought a pair of chrome lamps from a seller in Japan, only to find that they would not fit. So now I have a pair of lamps for sale. If you're interested shoot me a PM.

A plug for the Australian seller, Oz-e-parts: excellent service and quick int'l shipping. They went out of their way to make sure I was actually buying the correct style for my truck (I wish the Japanese seller had done the same). I was also pleasantly surprised when the lamps showed up to see that they included the wiring harnesses and bulbs. I was fully expecting to have to source those separately.

BEFORE:
IMG_20230218_115748614.jpg

IMG_20230218_115935445.jpg

IMG_20230218_115815762.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_20230218_122032443_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230218_122046492_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
How long did this project take you from start to finish? I have a few days off in the summer, I would love to put something like this together. I think it would make car camping so much easier by folding down the 2nd row seats and having an instant bed.
Oh, taking my time, 10 hours or so over a couple of weeks in the evenings. I was in no rush. You could build it in a day.

I might replace the passenger side rear control arm tomorrow. Powder day interruptions…

Also chasing some engine oil leaks. IH8.OIL.LEAKS
4BCCF3EA-98DC-47B2-8F81-983E409C636A.jpeg

Installed brand new OEM exhaust System from Manifold to exhaust tip including new brackets and hardware. Super happy! Just need to install the black heat shield by the cats tomorrow.

8ADA1D51-4637-4585-93B6-79C96E11450D.jpeg

55456607-4418-4C24-98D3-2E96B8843C4B.jpeg

686E3512-FA67-434C-A8CE-DE6CE27EB69F.jpeg

Is that really OEM? I didn't realize those cats hung down so far. Of course, you might not take yours off road, but it looks like those would get destroyed.

Is that really OEM? I didn't realize those cats hung down so far. Of course, you might not take yours off road, but it looks like those would get destroyed.
Yes, OEM Toyota. Yes they sit low but I just use it for towing Jet Skis and around town. Plenty of space to cut, turn them side ways and reweld them. Im assuming the floor might get hotter but def would have been better.

Spent my Saturday driving around with our 2 month old daughter and my wife. Getting the rig ready for spring and summer travels. The wife has a short list of upgrades to make it more comfortable, so here's what I'll be tackling next:

• New Sony head unit with carplay
  • New speakers
  • BH3D double cup holders
  • Possible suspension replacement with Dobinsons stock height kit
  • Cloth seat covers because the leather gets too hot in the Oklahoma sun - if anyone has a good recommendation for seat covers, I'm all ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom