Stuff you still have from childhood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s not a toy per se, but the best way to watch the tube and eat your tv dinner. This one was/is still use today. When you are sick stuck in the back room, this is the first thing that comes in. For
The young ones, this is a TV tray or table, from
The middle of the 50’S. View attachment 3249853
I can not lie - we had the fake wood ones that were liked pressed cardboard and those legs growing up. I have now upgraded to real wood top tv trays - ahahahah, and get used daily. OLD.

The best thing I have from childhood are the memories. I was born in 1960, grew up playing in the woods, outside all day. I feel bad for kids now, they have no idea what they are missing out on.

The best thing I have from childhood are the memories. I was born in 1960, grew up playing in the woods, outside all day. I feel bad for kids now, they have no idea what they are missing out on.
Them there were the good old days. As kids living the good life in Florida, while my dad was a lineman out in all the hurricanes repairing the power. And in his spare time trying to dig a bombshelter because we lived south of Miami during the little thing going on in Cuba. All days were outside exploring. The only thing I would have like better back then would to have had a camera. The picture are only in my head and getting a little cloudy.

Herpes.

Just kidding. As stated above, the most important things I keep from my childhood are memories.

Specifically, winter camping, long hikes in bad weather for days at a time, epic mt bike rides lost in the woods until way after dark, frost bitten cross country ski races, etc, give me a baseline for pushing through misery that I still fall back on today, even as an old guy. The ability to remember a worse time gets me through a lot of kinda s***ty stuff.

The best thing I have from childhood are the memories. I was born in 1860, grew up playing in the woods, outside all day. I feel bad for kids now, they have no idea what they are missing out on.
How was the civil war?

Haha
Just kidding.

Them there were the good old days. As kids living the good life in Florida, while my dad was a lineman out in all the hurricanes repairing the power. And in his spare time trying to dig a bombshelter because we lived south of Miami during the little thing going on in Cuba. All days were outside exploring. The only thing I would have like better back then would to have had a camera. The picture are only in my head and getting a little cloudy.
Also grew up in Miami (1970-1982), lived within a mile of Killian H.S. for 7 years and then a mile south of Palmetto H.S.. Things got worse when I left for college in '82.....parents divorced later and both still have part time residences there.....I don't understand why as I can't stand being there for more than a few days now due to traffic.

Basically rebuilt my childhood baseball card collection adding some others. All the memorable pulls and trades/etc all graded.

PXL_20230108_063548673.jpg

How about this: my Dad bought a Märklin train set for my brother and me when he was stationed in Germany in 1954. Still have the locomotives and rolling stock and they still run well. The layout has changed over the years but locomotives are still original.

8FFA0420-F5E2-45E2-A921-6D913212D8B3.jpeg

A153734B-A204-4E28-ACBA-110DEF7E2E38.jpeg

Due to a miraculous find in my mom's house last year, I now am forced to admit that my slow progress at things (well known to this group, and considered by many to be called laziness or procrastination) has been a lifelong problem. While there are support groups for most of my personal and social problems, this problem might be too deeply rooted to do anything about now. I present to you "Judgement by a Teacher Who Needs Grammatical Assistance" aka "I Was 4 Years Old and Some Kid Was Hogging the Green Crayon. What's YOUR Excuse?".

IMG_5864.jpeg

Due to a miraculous find in my mom's house last year, I now am forced to admit that my slow progress at things (well known to this group, and considered by many to be called laziness or procrastination) has been a lifelong problem. While there are support groups for most of my personal and social problems, this problem might be too deeply rooted to do anything about now. I present to you "Judgement by a Teacher Who Needs Grammatical Assistance" aka "I Was 4 Years Old and Some Kid Was Hogging the Green Crayon. What's YOUR Excuse?".

View attachment 3345477

You see - these traditional teaching methods subdue us and leave us questioning ourselves.

Piet Mondrian, $50M - did not use green and also cubes:

Mondrian.jpg

That was used for Loreal hair care products back in the 80s. I painted several RC cars with that design

351781259_595340435911892_4555006641984730366_n.jpg

View attachment 3345477
in your defense she used the wrong 'too'

Thought you were older John. I was a Senior in high school in 77. The good old days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom