Club wheeling and tech trip April 8th, 2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK- did I get your attention?

I am working with a land owner to have access on the property. Miles of easy trails, 1.5 mile race track, creek crossings, hill climbs, etc. Located in Hanover county. 25 NW of Richmond.

My thoughts after the last meeting are to have a day of easy rec wheeling, add in some training for the less experienced guys/gals, do some winching and safety stuff too.

Maybe have a grill and cook some food for lunch, etc.

Let me know if anyone is up for this. I am working on dates but looking at the end of March or early April. Stock vehicles are ok, might get a running board snagged here or there. If it rains it will be really slick!

If there is a topic or style of training you want to see or have let me know, I will see what we can come up with.

Rob

FYI if 100 people click on this and do not post I will cancel, so lets here some response! :)

Last edited:
47!

I might be down depending on schedule. I need to get out a bit and I can help with training too. I haven't been to any events with this group though.. Kid friendly? I have a 6 yo son that like to tag along with truck stuff for some reason haha.

I might be down depending on schedule. I need to get out a bit and I can help with training too. I haven't been to any events with this group though.. Kid friendly? I have a 6 yo son that like to tag along with truck stuff for some reason haha.
Date is set 4.8.23. I imagine we will start in the morning but not too early. Yes Kid friendly as well.

I know this is the Saturday before Easter but it works for the land owner.

Don’t think I can make it, but sounds like a great time and good for those wanting to get some seat time. Have fun!

If anyone plans to be there, please post up your vehicle and what you might want help with or training, if needed.

100% I will be there!

You going to be wheeling your new 80? :)

I need to close on a house first but yes that is extremely appealing...give me a moth or two

I need to close on a house first but yes that is extremely appealing...give me a moth or two

Well......it is two months away!!!

Should be available depending on status of my 40, wont need training etc once you wheel a 3500 on VA trails a 40 is easy.

This is still a go. I am planning a trip over to the property next week to get the lay of the land and directions on how to get there. I think we will find a meeting spot and all drive over together.

Question for everyone. What time do you want to meet? 8 am? 9 am? 10 am? Post up.

9am would be ideal for me

Ok, I have not made it back out there yet. I will get a meeting address before the trip. I would like to meet at 8:30, depart at 9:00 and have 3-4 hours to play around. Bring your snacks, lunch, drinks etc. I will post up more details later. Right now it looks like we have about 6 people?

@doseman
@captainva
@jwfowler
@ShenValley100LC
@matzell
@amgraham

Looking forward to it!

This is north of Richmond? id love to tag along. Id need a radio for coms if someone could loan me one for the duration. Otherwise. 80 series ready to go. Im willing to chip in and assist with what is needed I will prob be solo unless its more the merrier. Sure a couple folks would like to cycle the diff locks. We are starting to form a chapter out here . Stay tuned on that. Love to discuss some insights as well.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom