Nightmare Covid Shop Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OSHA approved

F5F5965A-9614-464E-B6B3-71A8A4EF6E1E.jpeg

55363333-B00F-42D7-A6A6-BCDC4A71D741.jpeg

You can get really seriously hurt or killed doing stuff like that on a 2 post lift. Lots of ways to not do that. Like using a heavy strap to the frame rails. Or picking up some real support stands at HF.

I've owned a 2 post for 21 years. I've done some dumb things and had some close calls. I'm a little smarter now. I have many friends that own and work in automotive shops and I have heard and seen the stupid you can do with a lift. Number 1 thing that guys do is prop something up in a sketchy way like that, have a momentary lapse of intelligence and lower the lift which sets off a chain reaction of vehicle becoming unstable, whatever prop failing, jack shooting out and at the very least a vehicle is damaged.

If you are pulling a trans and t-case and it's a light tranny like a TH350 with a cast iron T-case it's a really good idea to pull the t-case first. You have a really light tranny jack there with not very wide legs. The t-case is the heaviest part. It would be so easy to flip that whole setup in a heartbeat and get heart really bad.

A couple pieces of wood nailed together at the angle of your t-case is really helpful to R&Ring a t-case like that.

The lift wire should be SO cord, not romex. I would put a plug on it myself. Makes the lift exempt from electrical shutoff requirements if it unplugs. The way it's hooked up there is so wrong it's hilarious.

You’re right, the fj40 is strapped to the lift. The fence post is being replaced with a t-jack (screw type) could not get the Orion off the trans with out all of it coming out. Funny the transmission place told me to go put it back in and bring him the whole truck! Crap, another shop wants $1400 for a bench rebuild. You know I completely agree it’s the wrong wire and after the explanation and telling them what I wanted with specs of everything electrical. This is what I get. I hope this helps someone out else with their shop build. The correct wire should be 10gauge - the amp rating on the lift pump is 25max - the wire is 15amps max - on a 20amp breaker. I even had the owners manual out for help with wiring. Don’t worry this will be fixed soonish…

You know I completely agree it’s the wrong wire and after the explanation and telling them what I wanted with specs of everything electrical.

You wouldn't believe how many times I have contractors do something completely different than the plans and specs and then say something to the effect of "I didn't even look at those - this is the way we always do it..."

Well, the plans and specs are there for a reason, they are what were approved, and they are what you bid. Now fix it!

Brother in law wasn’t quick enough and his outlet facet froze … shark bite to the rescue. The burn marks are where I tried to solder the connection/ fail!

7FB05B3D-47FA-49D6-9141-349705A62621.jpeg

184AD963-E1A2-49E7-9284-491CCA7A868B.jpeg

FJ cruiser - flying again. This time front skid plate install and dual batteries. Hot shower heater hose connected and wheel spacers with the much needed front body mount trim for larger tires.

C5FB4E87-B670-4D2E-B184-452C23704C3C.jpeg

4C952057-CF86-452F-85A4-7C6945DA777C.jpeg

25C525D6-D22C-4BC3-A0A4-1D83B1CAF393.jpeg

0C90231A-EE99-43CE-ACD4-640EABD4A24A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom