For Sale Virginia - 2005 Lexus LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Outside Link
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/9e9b73a9-d2ce-4690-9aec-5f2fcac73a88/
We're selling our 2004 Lexus LX470 (a.k.a. Sand Cruiser).

The exterior Sand Pearl Beige is in great condition, with the cream leather soft and intact inside.

The vehicle was purchased for towing kayaks and beach fishing during the pandemic, but the children are driving now, kayaking less, and commuting in this is not as fun as my SAAB; so we're letting it go.

We are the third owners, and I have done more work than I may remember, but I will try... New front shocks, new sway bar end links all around, new brakes, rotors, calipers all around, new A/C compressor and rear A/C lines (that one was fun!), new Dick Cepek Mud/Snow tires (three peaks snow rating), new front wheel bearings, new fan clutch, new HPS radiator hoses (with the tee's), running board delete (for ground clearance), 1/4" aluminum skid plates for engine/transmission/differential, WeatherTech mats all around, Mark Levinson speaker repair (sub hits beautifully now!), Interstate battery, new plugs and some new coil-packs, all regular maintenance performed... Every fluid flushed/replaced (including differential oil). LED headlight upgrade with 2700k fog-lights.

Interior is in excellent condition, with minimal wear and no tears/rips anywhere, all wood is glossy. The exterior is rust-free, and the paint has excellent shine. There are small dings here and there as one might expect, but factory touch up paint is used to keep the finish good, and mitigate rust. Rear shocks are on a watch-list for items that may need to be replaced.

My opinion: this vehicle is the 'ugly step sister' of the legendary Land Cruiser, but with softer leather, a better stereo, and the trick adjustable height (and load leveling) suspension, it is ready to go anywhere you want to go, then take you to the ballet and Ruth's Chris! The load leveling is especially nice when towing, as it retains the proper suspension balance and steering angles.

With the oversize tires (33" equivalent) we still get 13.5/16.4mpg city/hwy and the engine runs as smoothly as one would expect from a Toyota V-8.

The LX is great, if what you need is a large, comfortable, capable true utility wagon.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Asking 17kUSD, but feel free to make an offer too; worst I could say is no! Cheers!
PXL_20221209_174304177.jpg
PXL_20221209_174239464.jpg
PXL_20221209_174213188.jpg
PXL_20221209_174156751.jpg

PXL_20221209_174527849.jpg

We're selling our 2004 Lexus LX470 (a.k.a. Sand Cruiser).

The exterior Sand Pearl Beige is in great condition, with the cream leather soft and intact inside.

The vehicle was purchased for towing kayaks and beach fishing during the pandemic, but the children are driving now, kayaking less, and commuting in this is not as fun as my SAAB; so we're letting it go.

We are the third owners, and I have done more work than I may remember, but I will try... New front shocks, new sway bar end links all around, new brakes, rotors, calipers all around, new A/C compressor and rear A/C lines (that one was fun!), new Dick Cepek Mud/Snow tires (three peaks snow rating), new front wheel bearings, new fan clutch, new HPS radiator hoses (with the tee's), running board delete (for ground clearance), 1/4" aluminum skid plates for engine/transmission/differential, WeatherTech mats all around, Mark Levinson speaker repair (sub hits beautifully now!), Interstate battery, new plugs and some new coil-packs, all regular maintenance performed... Every fluid flushed/replaced (including differential oil). LED headlight upgrade with 2700k fog-lights.

Interior is in excellent condition, with minimal wear and no tears/rips anywhere, all wood is glossy. The exterior is rust-free, and the paint has excellent shine. There are small dings here and there as one might expect, but factory touch up paint is used to keep the finish good, and mitigate rust. Rear shocks are on a watch-list for items that may need to be replaced.

My opinion: this vehicle is the 'ugly step sister' of the legendary Land Cruiser, but with softer leather, a better stereo, and the trick adjustable height (and load leveling) suspension, it is ready to go anywhere you want to go, then take you to the ballet and Ruth's Chris! The load leveling is especially nice when towing, as it retains the proper suspension balance and steering angles.

With the oversize tires (33" equivalent) we still get 13.5/16.4mpg city/hwy and the engine runs as smoothly as one would expect from a Toyota V-8.

The LX is great, if what you need is a large, comfortable, capable true utility wagon.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Asking 17kUSD, but feel free to make an offer too; worst I could say is no! Cheers!View attachment 3203236View attachment 3203234View attachment 3203233View attachment 3203232
View attachment 3203239
Price drop to 15,500. JV

Any underside pics?

Sorry it took a few days to respond. I snapped a few today... Any questions or additional shots, let me know. It was a Jersey vehicle under it's first owner, and I take it on the beach frequently (kayaking and fishing), so there is some surface rust on some of the steel (though I always rinse the underside when I get home). Everything I have touched on the structure has been solid, though I haven't done an NDT inspection of it!

PXL_20230129_164259948.jpg

PXL_20230129_164253348.jpg

PXL_20230129_164243760.jpg

PXL_20230129_164232682.jpg

They're in the listing mentioned... But here are a few. Third row seats not in the pictures are in perfect condition.

PXL_20221209_174615110.jpg

PXL_20221209_174635933.jpg

PXL_20221209_174806806.jpg

PXL_20221209_174706059.jpg

Timing belt serviced?

Did this sell? The external link says “no longer available”. Do you still have the running boards and third row seats? AHC functioning properly? Any pics of engine bay? How’s radiator and heater Ts? Thanks.

Couvi et al.

The listing had expired... refreshed link below: NOTE - price is now 13,800.

Running Boards were deleted, and sold... I ran the vehicle on beaches, and running boards merely collect the sand and limit breakover, and without a place to store them, I took a few bucks instead.

Third row seats are here, and are in perfect condition (we use them occasionally, but most of the time they are not in the truck. (as an aside on that note, we do still have the factory floor mats, including the rear, but we usually have the WeatherTech products installed.

AHC functions perfectly... full gradient change from L-N-H (whatever that is, I think it was 6 per division or something, maybe 12, did the work a while ago). I replaced the two front ACH shocks, and the seals/rubber bushes etc... when I did. Also took that time to do a fluid flush of the system. PO had all three height sensors replaced at the dealer at 200-ish miles (I'd have to check the receipt).

Radiator is fine (so far as I know). The heater core T-s are ~8m old; I replaced them, and did a full HPS silicon hose job at the same time (less the Upper/Lower radiator hoses, which were newer, and HPS no longer makes the silicon ones, so...).

Finally, Friday (3FEb23), I replaced the rear upper hatch latch mechanism and handle... some ham-fisted oaf broke one side of the last one (yes, it was me, I broke it, but there was some rust on it, to be fair).

Cheers.

Do you have a carfax? Truck looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom