Massive dilemma LX600 F sport or Keep the 21 Heritage edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There’s also a segment of people who buy them clapped out on the used market so that they can “appear” wealthy or of higher status.

Dallas is full of them. We used to call them “30 thousand a year millionaires” but maybe it should be 50 thousand now to adjust for inflation?
When I moved to north dallas I was blown away by the people living in 1200 apartments driving ferraris and such. I couldn't believe how much was all about showing off your wealth. I liked the houses and a lot of the people but glad to be out of that culture.

When I moved to north dallas I was blown away by the people living in 1200 apartments driving ferraris and such. I couldn't believe how much was all about showing off your wealth. I liked the houses and a lot of the people but glad to be out of that culture.
Ferraris outside the apartment door…..Ramen noodles inside….

FWIW there's a lot of 'show' money in southern california too. Pull up to a light and my car was always the cheapest one there (at the time, an Acura RL or a 2nd gen RX-7). After a bit I realized it wasn't old money, just high car payments. I happen to believe car debt is one of the worst kinds of debt, but if you have the cash to support the habit, it isn't hurting anyone, usually.

I’d been meaning to ask (was going to start a new thread) but I’m curious what the typical owner demographic of the LC is? I can’t imagine it’s a mid to late 30’s, single male with no family yet here I am haha. It’s funny to me because 5 years ago a LC wasn’t even on my radar and now I look for one nearly every day.

Im mid 30's, single male, no family. Looked for mine for 2 years prior to finding what I wanted summer of 2021. Don't really drive it much, but always wanted one so why not 😄

BIFL...... Been my theme tonight on 'MUD. Spending $$ on an instantly depreciating asset is a bad move, in the market at hand I would stick with the tried and true LC. The new LX is just new, not better. IT sounds like OP needs to decide whether they want to look the part or be the part. Good luck on your choice. Plenty of people ready to snatch your used LC. FWIW, I daily drive all my LC's (GX460/150 Series too) because car payments and needless repairs are for fools.

Last edited:
I’d been meaning to ask (was going to start a new thread) but I’m curious what the typical owner demographic of the LC is? I can’t imagine it’s a mid to late 30’s, single male with no family yet here I am haha. It’s funny to me because 5 years ago a LC wasn’t even on my radar and now I look for one nearly every day.
Mid 30s, Male, two kids.

These discussions remind me of when the current offering was the 80 and the 100 came out, then when the 100 was the current offering and the 200 came out. I'm sorry but the new LX isn't just new.

These discussions remind me of when the current offering was the 80 and the 100 came out, then when the 100 was the current offering and the 200 came out. I'm sorry but the new LX isn't just new.
Yeah. The 300 series might be the most drastically changed iteration yet. I'm wondering if Toyota had any idea just how important that split rear tailgate was to people. Personally, I see a lot of things I like in the new model, but some things I'm definitely not thrilled about. Only being available in the USA as a Lexus with the (IMHO) ugly front grill that Lexus is using on their entire lineup lately is one of the biggest negatives. Losing the split rear tailgate is something I personally have mixed feelings over as it does have the advantage of easier access to things that are just behind the rear seat. The OP should do what makes him and his wife happy as there really isn't a single right or wrong answer to the decision they're mulling over. They should both test drive it and "crawl around" inside before making a decision. If they get the LX600 and decide they made a mistake, it isn't like it would be impossible to switch back at some point as long as they're a bit flexible on getting another Heritage Edition or not as those are obviously a lot harder to find.

Yeah, I’m way more upset about the lack of the split tailgate than I probably should be. But it’s one of my favorite features. Chilling out on the beach, sitting on the tailgate with a beer in hand is one of my favorite summer activities. I also use it constantly as a workbench, getting geared up for snowboarding, fly fishing, etc. I think I’d really miss it.

What do you like better the 570 or the 600?
The 570 by a fair margin. It feels like a vault on wheels. The 600 shines in the added tech (I do however have beatsonic wireless carplay on the 570 which makes things a lot better) and the ability to have lane trace assist, lighter steering, very fast AHC, soft close doors, and very noticeable power difference in the throttle are what make me want to keep it for now. But, the jitter/shudder is a very real thing, and it absolutely sucks and has no place in a 100k vehicle. Hood vibrates, fuel door cap vibrates and feels like a coke can. Smaller cabin. The middle bench does not slide back and doesn’t even have adjustable seat belts (!?). Thinner plastics everywhere, less leather on dash and less leather on seats (i.e. side panels are made of felt). The list goes on, trust me.

Mid 40’s stay at home trophy husband dad with 5 & 6 yr old kids.

The cruiser is our adventure vehicle. Obviously, my wife has great taste in men who have great taste in vehicles.

Yeah, how silly of people to want a super useful feature that's been around since 2014, fairly widely available industry wide as of 2016/2017, AND was included on just about every Toyota (and pretty much every competitor's) product other than the most expensive one in Toyota's lineup as of 2020. I get that the LC200 series was at the end of the line, but if they were truly puzzled why sales numbers were low, things like not having CarPlay were most definitely a factor. Like it or not, it's something that potential buyers want, as evidenced by the topic coming up so often on the forum. As it turns out, there are several fairly simple ways to add CarPlay (and Android Auto) to LC200's, from modules that keep the factory infotainment system in place to full Tesla style replacements of the entire factory infotainment, so it really isn't a great reason to trade a LC200 in for a LX600. Of course, the LX600 most likely has significantly improved cruise control and other related technology as well (from experience, my 2020 LC200's adaptive cruise control is archaic and clunky compared to even 2014 Mercedes adaptive cruise control). Though I would definitely welcome newer technology, I don't plan to get rid of my LC200 any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom