What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had to go run an errand. None of the guesses since I posted are correct. But @Polecat was definitely warm on the firewall brace.

View attachment 3234453
It’s not hard to see how oxidized the paint is when a little gets cleaned. What’s not easily seen is how weather-checked the paint is.🤷🏻
Two guesses

-You adjusted the brake and clutch brackets so you have more leg room

-you put a second cushion in the column surround to raise the steering wheel up slightly more.

Two guesses

-You adjusted the brake and clutch brackets so you have more leg room

-you put a second cushion in the column surround to raise the steering wheel up slightly more.
You are the winner! You can’t see the actual mod in the pic, but you can see evidence of it.

I went from 3 on the tree to 4 on the floor two years before I did the Saginaw conversion. Seeing as I no longer needed the extra space above the column for the shifter stalk, I cut the upper column saddle and added metal to it, moving it closer to the instrument cluster. I got lazy about modifying the lower saddle and just shoved an extra 1/4” of rubber down there.

Extra 1/2” of room between the steering wheel and my lap. The Saginaw U-joint doesn’t care.

Brian Parsons, right? You should be in the computer. I’ll get the shipping quote and call you tomorrow.😉

You are the winner! You can’t see the actual mod in the pic, but you can see evidence of it.

I went from 3 on the tree to 4 on the floor two years before I did the Saginaw conversion. Seeing as I no longer needed the extra space above the column for the shifter stalk, I cut the upper column saddle and added metal to it, moving it closer to the instrument cluster. I got lazy about modifying the lower saddle and just shoved an extra 1/4” of rubber down there.

Extra 1/2” of room between the steering wheel and my lap. The Saginaw U-joint doesn’t care.

Brian Parsons, right? You should be in the computer. I’ll get the shipping quote and call you tomorrow.😉
AWESOME!!! Haha super pumped and thanks for the challenge!

This looks more like a live honeycomb nest, providing a delicious honey-meal, and wax to be used in a number of ways, conveniently at arm-reaching distance and available to the driver at anytime.🐝🍯
If the contest was for the most entertaining answer, you would be the winner! I did one of those years ago, and @JohnnyC was the winner. He can find a link a lot faster than me, if he feels like it.

I should have another one of those contests.🤔

If the contest was for the most entertaining answer, you would be the winner! I did one of those years ago, and @JohnnyC was the winner. He can find a link a lot faster than me, if he feels like it.

I was having one too many drinks tonight. Thanks for a good contest. Congrats to the winner!

Like this :)

Fun times Mark, thanks for giving us a nice break from the ordinary!

Congrats, @Bripars40! Now I can stop trying to explain to my wife why I’ve been staring at pictures of a steering column all night 😂

@65swb45, thanks for the challenge. This was a blast!

Dang! Late to the party but when I saw Mark's pic my first thought was why is the colum mounted like that? Then thought, bet it gives tall Mark a little more lap room...

apparently had “family” in the neighborhood and didnt realize it!

1675278106703.jpeg

Quick update from my earlier post this week - I did the paper clip test Mark (@65swb45) suggested. I honor of his previous game in this thread - minus a prize, put the pictures in order... is the first picture displayed the pre drive, or is the second picture pre drive? (Drive was up a long hill in 4 gear - actually drove for about 20 minutes between pictures).

Got home and have whining noise now in the engine bay - think something isn't right with alternator along with the noise(that I can tell). Noise went away after sitting there in the driveway for 3 minutes while I was trying to location source. Maybe the fan. Was dark out and cold - that didn't help.

Temps above zero on Saturday and will dig in - redoing my calculus on all I need to take on, how, and when - plate got a whole lot bigger - The carburetor is secondary (pun intended).

Cheers and Love the forum. Extremely helpful for this noob.

IMG_8834.jpeg

IMG_8829.jpeg

@OlYellr

Looks like your replacing the diagram :)

You guys with your vac secondary… pictures don’t matter much when they are essentially the same lol

Btw noise could just be belt slip… it’s cold … they get hard and slip more if your adjustment is marginal

Or… could just be a bad belt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom