200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20221005_095517.jpg

I'm confused. I've actually gone through all 61 pages of this thread. I see where a number of people have used these Tundra wheels on a Lexus LX470, with either spacers or modifications to the grease cap and center cap. But EBAY fitment guide says it won't. I know enough to not trust that guide, but a couple of the vendors that are actually tire/rim sellers say that they don't think so. I asked if it was simply because of the center cap/grease cap issue and they couldn't give a good answer. One indicated that it depended on the year model Tundra, but I didn't see anywhere that they changed over the 2014-2021 run? That's why I came to the experts. Thanks.

tundra wheel.jpg

I'm confused. I've actually gone through all 61 pages of this thread. I see where a number of people have used these Tundra wheels on a Lexus LX470, with either spacers or modifications to the grease cap and center cap. But EBAY fitment guide says it won't. I know enough to not trust that guide, but a couple of the vendors that are actually tire/rim sellers say that they don't think so. I asked if it was simply because of the center cap/grease cap issue and they couldn't give a good answer. One indicated that it depended on the year model Tundra, but I didn't see anywhere that they changed over the 2014-2021 run? That's why I came to the experts. Thanks.

View attachment 3218368
I test fit this wheel on both front and rear of my LC with 1.25 Bora spacers. Didn’t have any issues other than the fact I didn’t like the black with my paint color

View attachment 3218368
I have the TRD pro version of these on my 2006 LX. I didn’t have to use spacer or do any modifications other than the center caps on the fronts. I had to drill a hole in them and glue the center TRD badge on because it wasn’t able to clip on anymore with the grease cap pushing on it. I’m out of town but can get some pictures when I get back.

View attachment 3218368
I run them without the front center caps.

I've not done it myself, but if I were to modify something to get the center caps to fit, I'd carefully modify the grease cap. Some mild flattening of the grease cap and you're there!

I'm sure you know already... make sure to use the correct lug nuts when running the Tundra wheels.

Thanks for the quick replies. Don't think that I want to use spacers (but admit I do like the look). And while I did know that I would need different lug nuts, it was only because I read earlier posts in this thread, so thanks for the reminder. Always appreciate the good information provided.

View attachment 3218368

View attachment 3218368
Yes, They fit, no spacers. I have them on my '99 LX with AHC, no lift. Rubber is 275/70R-18 (33") GENERAL GRABBER A/TX SL. There's a super small plastic bit that was barely touching, so I heated it and pushed it in with my finger. I am SUPER happy with my wheel/tire setup.

Hello Everyone!

I just picked up a set of BBS Forged Tundra TRD PRO wheels (18 x 8) yesterday. Just want to pick your brain and hopefully I can get my LX470 set up correctly.

I realized it's not a direct fit after purchasing the wheels, and require spacers to fit the TRD PRO wheels. What size wheel spacer did you use?
My 2000 LX470 still has the AHC suspecsion without any lift.
Would adding the spacer cause any rub? Also what size tires (I'm thinking KO2) do you have on your truck? Any rub at all?

Thank you so much!

Big shout out to my friends who helped me piece this together!

setup:
1” spydertrax x 4

2020 Trd Pro wheels, powder coated by @ACC Toyota,
EVO Grey to match @benc front bumper and trim

275/70/18 Toyo Open Country RT

2020 Land Cruiser Heritage center caps, painted from gold to satin charcoal to match wheel powder/bumper/trim View attachment 2220996View attachment 2220997
Nice looking set up!!

I have a 2000 LX470 with AHC suspension stock height.
I just picked up the BBS Forged TRD PRO wheels, will use Spidertrax 1.25" spacer for them to mount properly. I plan on getting 275/70 r18 KO2 tires, but wanna make sure everything will fit properly.
Would like to hear about your experience with the set up. Any rubbing? Does your rig have a lift?

Thank you so much!

Nice looking set up!!

I just picked up the BBS Forged TRD PRO wheels, will use Spidertrax 1.25" spacer for them to mount properly. I plan on getting 275/70 r18 KO2 tires, but wanna make sure everything will fit properly.
Would like to hear about your experience with the set up. Any rubbing? Does your rig have a lift?

Thank you so much!
No rubbing. No lift. It is lifted now but didn’t need it. I would look at these tires over ko2. They’ve been amazing and are v quiet.

Nice looking set up!!

Thank you so much!

I could be wrong, but I believe the spacers have to be slightly modified to fit the hub in the front. Slee sells them Spidertrax Wheel Spacers - 1.25" - (5 on 150mm) with lug nuts - HUB CENTRIC - PAIR - Fits 1998-07 Land Cruiser 100 Series / LX 470 Front - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/stf1078/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom