Loving IH8mud thus far (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gordista

Me and the Clan in 'Yota Landcruisers out there
SILVER Star
Threads
This site and its members have been beyond informative and helpful! I just wanted to thank everyone who has provided insight, tips, laughs and empathy!
So far I’ve been able to get several items when all seemed hopeless from several members…keys, locks, custom bits for stereo installation & contacts online for OEM Parts!
It’s all been wonderful! So from this wrench monkey lady THANK YOU!!

did you ever get the frame issue sorted out?

did you ever get the frame issue sorted out?
3_puppies thank you for asking. It’s going to garage tomorrow - tag teamed by mechanics and steel fabricators.

The first place I brought it to, to establish baseline, get history, see about part availability, inquire about a recall and get a key made (couldn’t do it lol) full disclosure it was a Toyota dealership - so shame on me- I know better -
I think they saw a girl walk in and thought dang I hope she wasn’t expecting a beauty pageant winner cause this Rig In Lipstick is a money pit! As if i thought I’d scored some great deal.
Come on…it’s An ‘88 Toyota (next to Nissans soooooo rusty) with a million miles. Take a close look at my hands…they’re grease stained carpentry, painter, occasional lady mechanic hands.

So in reality I don’t think it’s unsalvageable- In fact it’s normal- and in comparison to some others it’s not that bad.

But newest challenge - Lost two fuel tanks over last month- one was bought out from under us- And Monday steel guys were told the other one won’t be available for a couple months and it’s coming from over seas? …
Im aiming for a solution rather than waiting- I’d be fine waiting but i think it’s lip service.

So open to suggestions- expect long range- I don’t need long range :)

3_puppies thank you for asking. It’s going to garage tomorrow - tag teamed by mechanics and steel fabricators.

The first place I brought it to, to establish baseline, get history, see about part availability, inquire about a recall and get a key made (couldn’t do it lol) full disclosure it was a Toyota dealership - so shame on me- I know better -
I think they saw a girl walk in and thought dang I hope she wasn’t expecting a beauty pageant winner cause this Rig In Lipstick is a money pit! As if i thought I’d scored some great deal.
Come on…it’s An ‘88 Toyota (next to Nissans soooooo rusty) with a million miles. Take a close look at my hands…they’re grease stained carpentry, painter, occasional lady mechanic hands.

So in reality I don’t think it’s unsalvageable- In fact it’s normal- and in comparison to some others it’s not that bad.

But newest challenge - Lost two fuel tanks over last month- one was bought out from under us- And Monday steel guys were told the other one won’t be available for a couple months and it’s coming from over seas? …
Im aiming for a solution rather than waiting- I’d be fine waiting but i think it’s lip service.

Hello Gordista !
What year cruiser do you have? I have a used tank that came off my 84 fj60 that I had chemically cleaned and I painted and have all new fuel gauge and new fuel pick up tube.
PM me

Give it time, the magic will wear off…

Mornings that used to be spent lovingly gazing over breakfast into those dreamy brown and mustard backgrounds, completely engaged in every topic 60 related. Never running out of things to say.
Hours of searching, 89nolder are my favorite cruisers too! Retro stripes count me in. Oem steelies! H55F upgrade!
Pretty soon you start repeating topics, :flipoff2: enters every post you type. You feel boxed in and no where to go. Your 60 seems plain. You find yourself browsing the different sections, 40 series, 80 series, forbidden exotic fruit of the 70 series!!:D
You soon realize this sickness sends you spiraling to gain more and more cruisers much worse than instagram…you’ve reached the end, mud has take your very existence and you find yourself at the absolute bottom of cruiser ownership addiction, the black tar Heroin of Toyota, the place that makes you feel so amazing and dirty all at the same time.

The 55 section. Few enter, fewer leave. It’s a dark place of misfits, entomologists, gingers and social outcasts mixed with renaissance fair tights and tater tots. It’s why we put them at the very bottom of the mud forum. (Sorry stout owners, no one even knows what a stout is, certainly not the beer portion of the forum we thought it was)

proceed with caution here on ih8mud…

Btw welcome to mud :flipoff2:

Mornings that used to be spent lovingly gazing over breakfast into those dreamy brown and mustard backgrounds, completely engaged in every topic 60 related. Never running out of things to say.
Hours of searching, 89nolder are my favorite cruisers too! Retro stripes count me in. Oem steelies! H55F upgrade!
Pretty soon you start repeating topics, :flipoff2: enters every post you type. You feel boxed in and no where to go. Your 60 seems plain. You find yourself browsing the different sections, 40 series, 80 series, forbidden exotic fruit of the 70 series!!:D
You soon realize this sickness sends you spiraling to gain more and more cruisers much worse than instagram…you’ve reached the end, mud has take your very existence and you find yourself at the absolute bottom of cruiser ownership addiction, the black tar Heroin of Toyota, the place that makes you feel so amazing and dirty all at the same time.

The 55 section. Few enter, fewer leave. It’s a dark place of misfits, entomologists, gingers and social outcasts mixed with renaissance fair tights and tater tots. It’s why we put them at the very bottom of the mud forum. (Sorry stout owners, no one even knows what a stout is, certainly not the beer portion of the forum we thought it was)

So true, Land Cruisers are the root of all evil... beware!!!!

its not ih8mud
its ih8mywallet
Dont tell your cruiser you have money......

This is absolutely spot on- hysterical, beautifully written and perfectly cynical!!!
Love it!

Hello Gordista !
What year cruiser do you have? I have a used tank that came off my 84 fj60 that I had chemically cleaned and I painted and have all new fuel gauge and new fuel pick up tube.
PM me
Will do!!!!

Gordita.. Mud has been kind to you cause you selected an avatar of a cute blondy. Good one!

But officially I’ll welcome you with one symbol 🖕🏼
Dbleon
As a none woke I won’t take offense- just playing my cards
And thank you for the official welcome- now I feel super cool! My feathers are out now!
I may be too much of a noob to get to do it back but what the hell!

BA02F292-6572-4DA0-A294-742984A3EE10.gif

its not ih8mud
its ih8mywallet
Dont tell your cruiser you have money......
Hahahhaaaa!
So true!
Seems every day the baby list gets bigger
I receive order from somewhere or find hack/mod to utilize only to realize I need something else

I’m like Walter Fielding
44CF1A0E-32EE-4BEA-A656-7799514C6566.gif

Unfortunately this is all true, and the bit about 55's, that too. Im at the point now where I am buying cruisers for the wife, and then trading her for other ones when I buy another. Somehow, stray dogs and cruisers find their home at my place. That being said, there are worse habits, cruisers are better than gambling.

Unfortunately this is all true, and the bit about 55's, that too. Im at the point now where I am buying cruisers for the wife, and then trading her for other ones when I buy another. Somehow, stray dogs and cruisers find their home at my place. That being said, there are worse habits, cruisers are better than gambling.
What about when you start gambling with your cruisers?:rofl:

You and your wife sound like you have the ideal marriage, I'll aim for this as I search for my life partner: hopefully I can start looking soon,.. lately I've just been searching for parts and buying jewelry for my 60 instead!

The 55 section. Few enter, fewer leave. It’s a dark place of misfits, entomologists, gingers and social outcasts mixed with renaissance fair tights and tater tots.
You make that sound like a bad thing...

20220822_084023.jpg

You don't need a long range tank until you need one. Depending on the price for the tank you have lined up, a LR tank might be worth considering. @TRAIL TAILOR and Man-A-Fre are two options if you go down that road. . .

Welcome to the club

Shane

I’ve almost sold my 60 a few times when times got rough. The main reason I haven't is because if this forum. The thought of not having a rig to talk about or a reason to look at Mud is just as heartbreaking as not having the rig. Hell... My rig has been down for years at a time but this forum kept me mentally driving it. I worried that the face book 60 pages would kill it. Nope. Can’t kill Mud. Great resource. Glad to see you here…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom