TVSS Pinout / Wiring Diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ATL Cruiser

GOLD Star
Threads
So I am doing the OPPOSITE of what everyone here is doing. I am ADDING TVSS to my rig instead of removing it. I want keyless entry using a Toyota key fob.

I've read through every 80-Series FSM that I can find. The TVSS is not mentioned in any of them anywhere. Very strange.

Does anyone have either a pin out and/or a wiring diagram referencing this bad boy?

1670624566814.png

like you, i found VERY little info on the TVSS. RS3000, sure, all day. you could chase wires to each pin, and reverse engineer it. but why? it should just be plug and play.

mine seemed inoperable so I pulled it out, but will reuse the harness to install a modern keyless/remote start unit.

Do you have the harness(es)?
Yes. I bought it from someone that removed it from their 80-series. So I do not have a vehicle to test it on. I will be installing the TVSS in my 70-series.

Doing the actual wiring will be easy. I'm just trying to figure out what each of the 26 pins does, namely the key open / key closed functionality.

If worse comes to worst, I'll just start testing it on the bench with a 12V battery attached to it. Was hoping for a pin out, though.

Yes. I bought it from someone that removed it from their 80-series. So I do not have a vehicle to test it on. I will be installing the TVSS in my 70-series.

Doing the actual wiring will be easy. I'm just trying to figure out what each of the 26 pins does, namely the key open / key closed functionality.

If worse comes to worst, I'll just start testing it on the bench with a 12V battery attached to it. Was hoping for a pin out, though.
If you have the harnesses that interface with the vehicle, you can figure out what each pin does based on that interaction with the vehicle body harness. My guess is it’s almost exactly the same as rs3000

For anyone searching TVSS info in the future, I linked what I have here:

So I am doing the OPPOSITE of what everyone here is doing. I am ADDING TVSS to my rig instead of removing it. I want keyless entry using a Toyota key fob.

I've read through every 80-Series FSM that I can find. The TVSS is not mentioned in any of them anywhere. Very strange.

Does anyone have either a pin out and/or a wiring diagram referencing this bad boy?

View attachment 3189274
Just curious, why did you go through the trouble of doing this, when you already had the answer for a RS3200 system?

And it is curious that even the LX450, equipped with the "Theft Deterrent Buzzer", per the EWD, doesn't have a "Security" circuit diagram, even though it's labelled in the door switch relay, in the EWD, as such.

Last edited:
Just curious, why did you go through the trouble of doing this, when you already had the answer for a RS3200 system?

And it is curious that even the LX450, equipped with the "Theft Deterrent Buzzer", per the EWD, doesn't have a "Security" circuit diagram, even though it's labelled in the door switch relay, in the EWD, as such.
I didn't. Per that RS3200 post, I researched all three options (TVSS, RS300, RS3200) and decided on the best option to move forward with. RS3200 is the answer to that, hands down.

And I agree regarding the EWD's. Since these were all dealer/port installed options (i.e. not from the Toyota factory), the documentation on all this was quite haphazard, especially 25 years later.

because i had some free time i threw this together when planning out a replacement for the TVSS using a modern alarm brain. Ultimately I won't re-use the harness but build a new one, but maybe this will help someone. I'm fairly certain I got it all right.

1675290635922.png

i could be wrong but I definitely seem to recall the lx450 ewd having a section on the rs3000 wiring, because that was installed on all LXs

I looked at my copy; I didn't find it.

'97 LX450 EWD in Resources has a couple pages on Theft Deterrent 🤷‍♂️

but it doesn't work for LC's as the LX has the I13 connector. i've never seen a wiring diagram for the RS3000 T-harness in LC's and how they pick up the signals that don't exist in BJ2 or IE1; specifically the rear door status and key status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom