2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still own all of those Cruisers? I’m in Knox too with two. Go Vols!
Yes, at the moment, However, I need to thin the fleet!

Go Vols! I would like to see us get some of the single digit rankings to championships soon!

That sounds like good info @desmocruiser . Seems consistent with what we’re hearing that it’s the smaller cruiser, not a 300.

I don’t get the Toyota strategy. Speculation that the 4Runner (established utility suv) will become the wrangler competitor? That doesn’t make sense to me. Seems more prudent to keep the utility vehicle as a utility vehicle, new model name becomes the wrangler competitor.

time will tell

You all read too much click bait.
Anything you read on the internet should be considered

“Entertainment purposes only!!!”

In reference to the video of a new 4Runner being the Wrangler/Bronco competitor, I was thinking the other way around.

Say - hypothetically - that Toyota decides to make one new vehicle that replaces the 5th gen 4runner and LC200 as a 4 door BOF wagon that is off-road oriented but also a family hauler and one that is a Bronco/Wrangler direct market competitor. One has to be called a "Land Cruiser" and the other a "4Runner." Which name goes where? At this point I really don't know. I tend to put the LC name on the Bronco/Wrangler market vehicle. But I can see a good argument going the other way as well.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I talked to my dealer in north Dallas today not far from HQ. They said the LC coming is a 2025 model year, completely new truck, two row and being made to annihilate the Bronco/Wrangler in NA. They said they dropped the LC to make room for the Sequoia, and know that nobody is trading in LC’s for Sequoias. They wouldn’t take a deposit yet, but I was just asking and not biting yet.

I just hope that they are still made in Japan, and not in the US. I also can see it in the 70k range if built right.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I talked to my dealer in north Dallas today not far from HQ. They said the LC coming is a 2025 model year, completely new truck, two row and being made to annihilate the Bronco/Wrangler in NA. They said they dropped the LC to make room for the Sequoia, and know that nobody is trading in LC’s for Sequoias. They wouldn’t take a deposit yet, but I was just asking and not biting yet.

I just hope that they are still made in Japan, and not in the US. I also can see it in the 70k range if built right.
I’m convinced the dealers know about as much as we do at this point.

I can't see the case for the 300 in the US. For over a decade they've sold more LXs than LCs, there's a new 4Runner on the horizon, the Sequoia is new (but is already a mid-pack offering) and the Grand Highlander just landed in the Landcruiser's just smaller than Sequoia slot -- not BOF but much better packaging). Also, it isn't like they have 5000 extra units 300 series capacity just laying around that they can't sell elsewhere in the world. Finally, the US BOF SUV market has moved on. The best trucks are all on independent rear suspensions and have much better packaged interiors than any Toyota product available right now, the 300 series and LX600 included. I think the Grand Highlander is the truck they want Tahoe and Expedition folks to cross shop when someone doesn't walk in the door needing to tow 9000 lbs. I bet they are also looking to land a few folks that might be looking at a Palisade/Teluride but need a touch more space.

Would I buy one? I'm not so sure. If I did I'd probably opt for a GX-R with the 4liter 6 cylinder (I'd be buying overseas).

Maybe a repost and more speculation. However, he seems to be reasonably connected and this is consistent with T’s comments when it was announced the LC would be taking a pause and come back in the future most likely in a different more NA specific configuration.

Summary form so you don't have to watch a 15 min video:

Now: Grand Highlander shown/released soon. Lexus TX variant coming within months.
End of 2023 as 2024 models: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado and New Lexus GX for our market as 2024 models
End of 2024 as 2025 models: New 4runner for our market with "retro heritage styling" of older FJ's/Lando's etc. to go after the Wrangler/Bronco market.

LC300: No word

My local dealer said a coil-spung VDJ74 is coming to the US in 2023. He also said the Anunnaki live in Hollow Earth. I immediately gave him a $50k nonrefundable deposit and didn't even get a receipt.

Yeah, same here. They told me theyre on the way in with the next Nibiru approach. I got the sitchin package, fully paid upfront no questions asked.

From market positioning point of view, it makes sense to slot the LC as a new niche model so there is no overlap with an existing model. They should let 4R continue on with the same current position in the lineup. And bring the LC as a Wrangler/Bronco competitor. If I was them, I would bring it with a removal top and with a manual transmission. Essentially, an exact FJ40 replay.

It’s hard to muster much enthusiasm for a vague mythical vehicle that might be available 2-3 years from now

‘No one is trading in LCs for Sequoias’. No surprise there!

From market positioning point of view, it makes sense to slot the LC as a new niche model so there is no overlap with an existing model. They should let 4R continue on with the same current position in the lineup. And bring the LC as a Wrangler/Bronco competitor. If I was them, I would bring it with a removal top and with a manual transmission. Essentially, an exact FJ40 replay.
I really hope it has a solid roof as an option if not standard. A soft top has such a limited use case in North America. Give me the LHD and NA market equivalent of a 79 series and I’ll write a check today.

Thats like the cash out refi of automobiles LOL!!!

“Yeah ill take that sequioa and $30k please, worry about my life choices after. Thanks!”

Funny enough, I was at my local dealer and they had a 2017 Land Cruiser on the lot. I asked my salesman about it and he said a guy traded it in on a new sequoia…so at least one person did it so far 😂

The Land Cruiser 300 coming to US is kinda like Star Wars for me. 4,5, and 6 were legendary and I will always love them for what they were. The rest of the films left me longing for the real thing…:meh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom