Builds 94 FZJ80 - Let the Adventure Ensue (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why are you replacing the valve lifters?
because instead of watching movies when he’s drinking, Pell buys parts, and he can’t hide them from his wife anymore so he literally had to install them.

Plus also the discontinued parts thread really stresses him out.

But this is just my best guess… :flipoff2:

View attachment 3214367

Question: the injector report stated for me to install my injectors right away. Why is that? How long can the injectors wait out of the rail?

I'd call up RC. It's going to be a minute before yours are spraying fuel again. I'd be curious about their thoughts on install delays.

Curious here too.
To close the loop on this, I called and spoke to them, and they said injectors should be installed soonest because the internals can get "gummed up" if you wait too long. I should be fine by waiting a month before installation, but I might send them back for a flow test/cleaning. RC stated they offer that service for free as long as I pay for shipping. I might take them up on the offer if I wait too long.

Why are you replacing the valve lifters?
Onur,

One word: Dopamine.

The real reason is that I bought a few when they became available on PartSouq. I didn't know if I'd need them or not. I had six of them, but that would do me no damn good anyway, so I sourced the rest to have a complete set of 24.

I inventoried my parts and must stop buying sh*t while under the influence. I have so many spares of random s***. No one needs five each of every gasket and O-ring, and who knows what else.

More truth: I like spending my money frivolously.

Onur,

The real reason is that I bought a few when they became available on PartSouq. I didn't know if I'd need them or not. I had six of them, but that would do me no damn good anyway, so I sourced the rest to have a complete set of 24.

I inventoried my parts and must stop buying sh*t while under the influence. I have so many spares of random s***. No one needs five each of every gasket and O-ring, and who knows what else.

I too tend to purchase under the influence…we should check one of these days to see if we can piece together an entire truck between the two of us.

Dudes, I need your help before I create a new thread for this issue. I have tried sourcing the bolts and nuts for the upper (#1) oil pan, and I'm coming up short.
There are several different sizes of bolts and only two nuts, if memory serves me.

I have bought several different bolts and nuts and looked through superseded part numbers of the past, and I'm literally in disbelief that I can't solve this issue. My local Toyota dudes are nice people but worthless. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 8.13.32 PM.png

If all else fails, I have had good luck with Bel-Metric Inc BelMeetric.com they should be able to match the OEM hardware.
I'm assuming you have them bagged and tagged and just want new hardware ;)

If all else fails, I have had good luck with Bel-Metric Inc BelMeetric.com they should be able to match the OEM hardware.
I'm assuming you have them bagged and tagged and just want new hardware ;)
Yes, everything was bagged and tagged but now everything is installed on my current engine.

I crawled underneath my 40th and whoever had it before me took out all the bolts and nuts for both oil pans and never replaced them.

Thanks for the heads up on belmetric.

Yes, everything was bagged and tagged but now everything is installed on my current engine.

I crawled underneath my 40th and whoever had it before me took out all the bolts and nuts for both oil pans and never replaced them.

Thanks for the heads up on belmetric.
Wait what? Are your oil pans held on by faith and FIPG alone?!

Wait what? Are your oil pans held on by faith and FIPG alone?!
Basically. There are a couple of bolts remaining but most of it is FIPG and sheer Toyota will to stay intact.

It was funny because when I bought the cruiser the guy told me he did the head gasket but the bottom end developed a “knock” after he putt he top end together.

I decided I was to start her and listen to her with my virgin ears. I checked oil level. Zero. Weird. Checked underneath and noticed the oil level sensor was missing and all of the hardware for the oil pans and so much more was missing.

I have to think of a game plan for this baby. I’m thinking outsourcing, engine swap, resto-mod-, restoration, idk.

Anyway, i found some old threads with part numbers but nothing definitive.

Take the part numbers from Partsouq and plug them into here: Toyota Parts and Accessories Online - Marietta Toyota in Marietta, GA - https://parts.mariettatoyota.com/

That will return a current part number as well as the supersession(s).
I appreciate the advice, but I’ve already done that and ordered the parts that came back (as available) and they were wrong. Maybe I need to sober up and try again. I have a pile of different bolts and nuts and none are correct lol.

I appreciate the advice, but I’ve already done that and ordered the parts that came back (as available) and they were wrong. Maybe I need to sober up and try again. I have a pile of different bolts and nuts and none are correct lol.
Weird. Ok.

Here are the part numbers I got for the upper pan to block:

14 of these: 9151180825 - Toyota Bolt, flange | Marietta Toyota, Marietta GA - https://parts.mariettatoyota.com/p/69387711/91511-80825.html
4 of these: 90105A0009 - Toyota Bolt, flange. Body, interior | Marietta Toyota, Marietta GA - https://parts.mariettatoyota.com/p/69372469/90105-A0009.html
2 of these: 91512G1025 - Toyota Seat Belt Lap and Shoulder Belt Bolt | Marietta Toyota, Marietta GA - https://parts.mariettatoyota.com/p/69380781/9151261025.html
2 of these: 9017908040 - Toyota Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Nut | Marietta Toyota, Marietta GA - https://parts.mariettatoyota.com/p/62973297/9017908040.html (order 20 of these as they are used in several places)

I feel silly. I don't know how you did that so easily. When I plugged my numbers into Reliable Toyota of MO, I got different numbers and wasted some money. I appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. I will whip myself for my coming up short.
I just went over your part numbers and bumped them against the partsouq catalog, and then what my wife and I came up with, and I don't know what the hell we did.

And thanks for the Marietta Toyota site, too; their prices are good!

Last edited:
I don't know how you did that so easily.

I have a spreadsheet of all of the parts I have purchased. Over the last 2 years I have made and learned from many mistakes and now have a pretty reliable process for identifying (Partsouq) and purchasing (Marietta) parts.

A lot of the time Marietta has free shipping with the promo code FREESHIP on orders > $75.

For large parts and fluids that Marietta won't ship, my last resort is my local Toyota parts counter that sells MSRP and I have to know exactly what I need when I walk in there.

I see from others' posts that there are other dealerships that operate like Marietta and sell at a good discount and are reasonably accurate in terms of parts availability. This is just the one I happen to settle on because I've had good experience with their communication and turnaround time.

Occasionally, I'll turn to Amayama for things that Partsouq are out of and Marietta lists as NLA. For example, the formed hoses on either side of heater valve were in stock at Amayama but are NLA in the US.

Finally, I also got lucky off of a tip from @SNLC to contact Japan 4x4 in my case specifically for a new wiper linkage assembly. The dude tracked down an equivalent part sourced from a different market and I took a chance and it worked.

I have a spreadsheet of all of the parts I have purchased. Over the last 2 years I have made and learned from many mistakes and now have a pretty reliable process for identifying (Partsouq) and purchasing (Marietta) parts.

A lot of the time Marietta has free shipping with the promo code FREESHIP on orders > $75.

For large parts and fluids that Marietta won't ship, my last resort is my local Toyota parts counter that sells MSRP and I have to know exactly what I need when I walk in there.

I see from others' posts that there are other dealerships that operate like Marietta and sell at a good discount and are reasonably accurate in terms of parts availability. This is just the one I happen to settle on because I've had good experience with their communication and turnaround time.

Occasionally, I'll turn to Amayama for things that Partsouq are out of and Marietta lists as NLA. For example, the formed hoses on either side of heater valve were in stock at Amayama but are NLA in the US.

Finally, I also got lucky off of a tip from @SNLC to contact Japan 4x4 in my case specifically for a new wiper linkage assembly. The dude tracked down an equivalent part sourced from a different market and I took a chance and it worked.
You have a great method, and I'm happy to have benefited! I enjoy shopping around and finding good deals, but sometimes convenience triumphs. I have spreadsheets too, but nothing as comprehensive as what you seem to have.

Now I need to fill my cart with more things to benefit from the free shipping incentive!

Dave Stedman from Japan 4x4 is great to work with. I've only bought a handful of items from him, but each transaction has been seamless.

Basically. There are a couple of bolts remaining but most of it is FIPG and sheer Toyota will to stay intact.

It was funny because when I bought the cruiser the guy told me he did the head gasket but the bottom end developed a “knock” after he putt he top end together.

I decided I was to start her and listen to her with my virgin ears. I checked oil level. Zero. Weird. Checked underneath and noticed the oil level sensor was missing and all of the hardware for the oil pans and so much more was missing.

I have to think of a game plan for this baby. I’m thinking outsourcing, engine swap, resto-mod-, restoration, idk.

Anyway, i found some old threads with part numbers but nothing definitive.
That’s crazy. Your PO is baffling. Does the 40th get its own thread someday?

Onur,

I bought my new lifters completely sober and waited on them for a while. They're not cheap, but justified the purchase by abstaining from the drinky drinky and guzzling tap water instead. Do you!

I bought my new lifters completely sober and waited on them for a while. They're not cheap, but justified the purchase by abstaining from the drinky drinky and guzzling tap water instead. Do you!
Dude, are you cluttering up another build thread? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom