What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Super lucked out today! My key fob remote hasn't been working for a few months now since I stopped dailying the LC and it had been sitting. I was hoping driving it would charge the battery and it did at first but ultimately the remote functions stopped working.

I was about to order another one on Amazon but decided to see if I could open up the key and replace the battery. You can, and it was super easy to access. It turns out, I had a ton of the little 3v batteries laying around from my backyard solar panel remotes that I have dozens of.
(The remote uses a 3V CR2025 battery)

I swapped a lightly used one in, that replaced the factory China one and the lights fired right up and the remote is working great again. Did not even need to re-program the key to the car. Now I wonder if my range is extended at all... Will report back.

Amazon product ASIN B06Y2DYZQ3
EDEAFE1E-54D8-4751-99EC-5D76E90F9658.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my Asfir front skid mounted this afternoon. Very nice product that will serve me well. Only issues were crusty bolt holes on the frame because my factory skid has been MIA since I bought the truck. The frame cross member where the center bolt installs is slightly bent on my truck so that complicated install a bit. I also had to trim about 1" off the rolled corners of the ARB skid that covers from the bumper to the radiator cross member.

D62D734A-463F-4ED1-9371-31B5471E4195.jpeg

071EF8EC-AFB9-4CB2-AE97-788DE037B6F4.jpeg

Today my sweet LC turned 300,027 miles!.:)... & most of the items I ordered for her tune up has arrived. Denso plugs, Valve Cover Gaskets, Timing Chain, & LED Head Light bulbs, new wheel bearings, Lucas AT fluid, Castrol Oil & filter, Lucas Diff Oil & Brake Pads.... Still waiting on the new Head light assemblies...

Guess what is happening this weekend... Yep! Find out why I have developed a skip/hesitation!... I love my LC and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Just ordered my 300K sticker

Super lucked out today! My key fob remote hasn't been working for a few months now since I stopped dailying the LC and it had been sitting. I was hoping driving it would charge the battery and it did at first but ultimately the remote functions stopped working.

I was about to order another one on Amazon but decided to see if I could open up the key and replace the battery. You can, and it was super easy to access. It turns out, I had a ton of the little 3v batteries laying around from my backyard solar panel remotes that I have dozens of.

I swapped a lightly used one in, that replaced the factory China one and the lights fired right up and the remote is working great again. Did not even need to re-program the key to the car. Now I wonder if my range is extended at all... Will report back.

View attachment 3230352
only a matter of time until that plastic breaks... do yourself a favor

only a matter of time until that plastic breaks... do yourself a favor

I was actually about to order one as well. The Amazon key quality doesn’t seem too bad and I have a back up.

Today I wiped off about a years worth of trail dust.

FA9C2B7D-D81C-4ED1-8455-00935EAE728C.jpeg

Did a little speaker work. Not sure it will change the way they sound. 😜

PXL_20230128_194426210.jpg

PXL_20230128_190105810.jpg

Got my 33s installed today.

Before
FC7504E1-4931-434A-96B1-898583B23043.jpeg

After
ADEAEBB6-CDB4-49A9-A397-E03163144BDE.jpeg

Very happy with the performance of the KO2's, especially on an Full-Time 4WD vehicle. I bought my original set 3 days after picking up the rig and they have lasted me almost 4 years now and still have a tad under 50% tread. I feel like if I waited any longer to put on bigger tires, i'd be a grandpa.

Last edited:
I was a little bored so I busted out a bucket of warm water with dish soap and washed all my windows with a micro fiber towel and then went back and clay barred the windows and rinsed and dried. I must say I've never had the glass on this truck so crystal clear. Now I have to buy the rain kit to fix a couple of chips in the windshield.

That's it for me this week

View attachment 3230352
Need to get with yotamd and get some color on that fob

Uses the Morimoto Micro D2S 5.0 from The Retrofit Source. I used this parts list from @robgv
Except I couldn't find the early style glass depo headlights anywhere, so I just used my originals. @jerryb has a great wire harness and was super helpful.
What is the purpose of that wiring harness?

Fixed my rattling hubcaps with little squares of foam. It only took one per hubcap. I chose the tab with the most worn out bumps for each cap. Pictures are in reverse order. ( Look from bottom up.)

20230130_091953.jpg

20230130_091935.jpg

20230130_091921.jpg

Last edited:
Well this week: Had a Crank seal leak, Rear Main seal leak, Front axles leaking (for quite sometime),Wheel Alignment, Flex pipe leak, Radiator replaced, Oil change.

All work serviced and completed in 3 days. by Team Toyota of Schereville IN.😌

On my birthday Thursday I got some uninterrupted time to work on my truck. I was able to fix a squeaking from the rear brakes, PO had zero grease on the contact points of the pads, adjusted the parking brake so it works now, installed new hood struts and removed the side steps.

For anyone curious I weighed one of the side steps with my digital scale today and it was 18 pounds and 8 ounces for one side so a total of 37 pounds for both steps. I didn’t include any of the nuts and bolts because I might put the bolts back in the open holes to reduce the amount of dirt that can get in.

D5110315-339E-4BAE-8B9D-0A9D22B535EA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom